Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies 2013  (Read 116709 times)
corner

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 19:20:50 »

Any half time reports from supermarine from those that are there?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 19:22:29 »

Apparently the No 10 (trialist) is providing the comedy
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 19:35:21 »

Benson at CB. Didn't expect to be doing that, even at a first friendly!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 19:36:10 »

Swindon Town FC ‏@Official_STFC 1m
Town second half: Bedwell; Thompson N, Benson, Caddis, Smith; Waldon, Collins, Ferguson, Francis; Williams, Storey
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 19:37:00 »

With 4 strikers on too (5 if Francis is one as well, no idea where he plays)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 19:40:08 »

My mate manages Devizes and has just let me know they are playing town on 9th july 7.30 at their place(mixture of youths and first year pros). Remove this post and just add to the fixtures if desired
Don't think I can cope with all the exclusive revelations on here Wink
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 19:40:56 »

Benson at CB. Didn't expect to be doing that, even at a first friendly!

Umm not the craziest idea I've ever heard, wouldn't be the first striker to move into the defensive line when their legs started to go.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 19:43:25 »

Umm not the craziest idea I've ever heard, wouldn't be the first striker to move into the defensive line when their legs started to go.
Andy Rowland did pretty well for us at Centre Back after being a striker all his career.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 19:44:03 »

2-0 Collins.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 20:02:18 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 4m
GOAL 1-3 (Dean, 70) Beats Bedwell from the top right corner of the penalty area

Swindon Town FC ‏@Official_STFC 7m
GOAL! Andy Williams makes it 3-0 just after the hour with a neat finish #STFC
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 20:49:57 »

Dion Dublin did quite well at centre half at the end of his career, I think.  Chris Sutton moved in to midfield later in his career - as did Lee Peacock.  I have no idea what my point is - but I make it well.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 20:53:17 »

That was pretty cold tonight. Haven't got a clue who was who but the no 9 was shite. the no 10 was like a stockier Onion Bhaji - enthusiastic but pretty crap. No 11 had a bit of pace about him. Apart from the ones I knew the no 20 caught my eye in midfield. Don't know if he's one of ours, on loan or on trial but he looked busy and had a decent touch. The goalie who wasn't Bedwell looks a bloody big unit - looked decent in the warm up.
The crowd looked well down on the last 2 seasons which is a shame.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 20:57:50 »

The first half was largely shit. Ward and Caddis looked good, as did Jack Bantham (sp), #7 showed a few nice touches but Luke Rooney was the most lively player. Front two were shit (based on that 45). Missed the goal as I just turned round to get a hot dog...

Shame 3 of those have been linked to moves away.

Trialist keeper looked massive, then I realised he was standing next to Caddis. Well built and tall, but not Brez tall I don't think. Talked a lot but didn't have a shot to save. Claimed a corner well. So no idea if he's any good. Sam Morshead made me laugh, tweeted the keeper has a Smart car while in Swindon. That would be a tight fit Smiley

Second we started Benson at centre back, Collins in midfield, Willow and Story up top. And we looked much much better for 15 minutes. Scored two, missed two sitters, one was an open goal (storey).

Then the game settled down back into pre-season friendly mode. Marine scored a good goal. Caddis was applauded off. Benson can head but isn't going to get converted to centre back .

Briefly spoke to Chris Tanner, it was his last STFC game tonight. Good luck to him whatever he does next.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 21:00:14 by Batch » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 21:13:19 »

Thanks for the info guys.

From that I deduce that we hope the two triallists up front aren't signed and we'd really like to hang on to Ward, Caddis and possibly Rooney?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 21:25:52 »

Well the trialists up front were crap tonight, but 45 minutes isn't really enough to be sure.

As for keeping Ward and Caddis, well yes in an ideal world but I can't see it. Rooney has something, but you'd expect him to do alright tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: