Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Terriers view!...  (Read 19851 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 08:45:04 »

oh and as for the highlights that really doesn't show how well we played. fucking great one BBC

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 08:52:59 »

Roberts' arm looks well fucked. It was just a 50/50 challenge though. If he hadn't broken his arm nothing would have been said about it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:00:07 »

That was a great tackle, 50/50 ball which Douglas won cleanly. The injury occurred because of the way Roberts landed.

The area of the pitch doesnt fucking matter for christ sake, Douglas has every right to go for any ball in any area of the pitch.

The ref got it spot on, no red card, no yellow card - infact I dont think he even gave a foul but when Douglas won the ball he pulled play back for the foul on Arfield as Huddersfield had no advantage.

If you tackled someone like that outside your local boozer, Huddersfield Town would probably sign you up and play you centre midfield.

I dont think the replay will be 'tasty' Huddersfield havent (on that display) got the balls for it.

Also, no mention of our goal which on the one real time viewing I've had got disallowed because Pericard jumped within the vicinity of the goal keeper.

« Last Edit: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:02:18 by Dave » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:06:56 »

I think the FA should stamp down on this sort of thing and seriously consider fining Huddersfield for fielding a player with shit arms, it could be quite dangerous.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:09:42 »

If it was such a bad tackle then surely a manager like Lee Clark would talking about nothing else in his post-match interviews.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:10:59 »

Roberts' arm looks well fucked.

Didn't see it 'live', but watching it back on the highlights you can see it's proper snapped. Ouch.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:11:11 »

First of all well done Swindon! On the day you wanted it more than us!

The two ex-Leeds lads bossed midfield and the ferocious tackle by Douglas that took Roberts out just about summed it up for me. Mind you, I've seen players 'walk' for less than that. I'm not saying that because Robert's sustained a serious arm injury (he needs surgery and could be out for months) but because of the 'malice intent' in the tackle. It was uncalled for in that part of the pitch in my view. If I 'tackled' someone like that out side my local boozer I'd in the local nick this morning! Yes

On the whole you had far more aggression than us and there's nowt wrong with that but to call us soft moaning northerners is slightly unfair given the circumstances. However, if you like it that way, I hope you're okay with something similar for our lads when you play at The Pharm'. Us Northerners have long memories!

The game seemed pretty even in the first half I thought with two good sides giving as good as they got. It was really crucial for us that Scot Arfield didn't start the second half because that coupled with the Roberts incident meant our creativity totally dried up. I'm not making excuses because we should have risen to the challenge in the second half and we just didn't. On that performance I can see why a lot of you are surprised we were 'up there' but hey, there's plenty of matches to come and we'll stay up there. Obviously we'd have been happy to take a point but fair play to Swindon for winning it at the end. Although I would have liked to have seen the ball smacked into the stand, as it was your lad was allow a free header!

Good luck Swindon Town, I'm sure you'll be up there yourselves come May time. I'm not surprised you won the game if I'm honest but it's the injury to Robbo who's one of our best players that concerns me most!

Regards AceT Cheesy

Good post.
When Austin got his shoulder injury with a collision with Davies the Saints keeper...there was uproar against him.
In fact looking at the incident later there was no malice on the keepers part.
So i can see your point of view on the Douglas tackle but watch it again and yes he thundered in so can see why you would be peeved....the boot on the other foot and i would have been most probably.
As for the game Lee is a good player but long ball made you one dimentional and i personally think we have the best defence in the division now so not really any chances i can remember for you.
We always struggle against teams who have lively nippy front men or wide men....you didn't have either so really it was a comfortable win really.
No one wishes players serious injury and i for one wish Roberts a speedy recovery.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:11:35 »

The area of the pitch doesnt fucking matter for christ sake, Douglas has every right to go for any ball in any area of the pitch.
i was also going to point this out but 3 consecutive posts by me would have been crazy!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:15:23 »

I do accept Robert's arm being broken might have coloured my view to some degree. However, it will be exactly that fact that people will remember about Douglas in March when we play you. That was an overly aggressive tackle on a man trying to play the ball and if you people can't see that then I give up! I always try to fair in my assessment of incidents in games and in this case too. If our player had caused such mayhem I would be saying the same - Trust me I would! But not one of you guys will even concede it was even an unfortunate tackle! Roll Eyes

See you all in March! Good luck until then! Wink  
Rich Pullen

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:18:09 »

Meh he'll at Brighton by then.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:19:06 »

Our player won the ball, cleanly, in a tackle he had every right to go for. It was a fine tackle. That wasnt punished with a card or even a free kick.

It was unfortunate in the fact Roberts landed on his arm and I wish him a speedy recovery.

But, malice intent, overly aggressive - you are talking complete and utter shit, again.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:22:37 »

Look where the ref was FFS! Perfectly positioned, and rightly gave fuck all for a perfectly good tackle.

* dougie1.jpg (183.7 KB, 832x466 - viewed 177 times.)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:23:18 »

I thought it was just a proper old school cruncher... the free kick was given for Pruttons challenge as no advantage fell to you... it was a nasty fall though. To be honest, it was a strange decision to play advantage... if he'd just blown, the Douglas tackle would never have been made...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:24:01 »

However, it will be exactly that fact that people will remember about Douglas in March when we play you.

I reckon our players will be remembering the few occasions when play was stopped for injuries to your players and the ball wasn't given back to us fairly. Douglas and Prutton came started kicking off towards the end of the game when it happened.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 09:26:00 »

I thought it was just a proper old school cruncher... the free kick was given for Pruttons challenge as no advantage fell to you... it was a nasty fall though. To be honest, it was a strange decision to play advantage... if he'd just blown, the Douglas tackle would never have been made...
shut up lee clarke

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: