Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 40372 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:38:41 »

If he got appointed and then started talking about us being the master club of league 2 while attempting to annex the kassam and memorial ground, give out badges to all female swindon supporters who have 6 or 7 children and makes membership of the junior robins compulsory i might care abit more. Its more his lack of knowledge of league 2 and the players that we need to bring in that i care about

And exactly how much experience did Macari have of the basement when we pissed the league with record points?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:41:45 »

No, but their Ultras are. It was the Ultras he was part of before he turned pro, the Ultras he was saluting and they are openly neo-Nazi

Being a Fascist and a Nazi are different.

Do a bit of research on Fasicm in Italy.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:42:26 »

So you've got no response to the image Paul posted?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:43:16 »

I think Paul vs Verve might end in a stalemate... i like not caring about things like this, makes life easier!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:44:10 »

I've seen it. It doesn't change the facts.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:44:29 »

It doesn't change what fact?

Are you a Lazio fan or not btw?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:44:54 »

And exactly how much experience did Macari have of the basement when we pissed the league with record points?

Err Lou had experience of the ManUre way of creative accountancy....stood him in good stead.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:46:50 »

You see, I keep reading this:

in his autobiography that he was "fascinated" by Mussolini, arguing that the dictator was "deeply misunderstood" and was "basically a very principled, ethical individual".

Which is true, he did say that. But would you believe it, some sections of the press decide to jazz it up up bit. Who'da thunk it.

What he actually says adds a little balance

"I think he was a deeply misunderstood individual. There are two aspects to my fascination with Mussolini. The first is the way he faced difficulties and overcame them ..... Mussolini's other great quality was his patriotism. Like me he was a nationalist ..... He deceived people, his actions were often vile or calculated. But all this was motivated by a higher purpose. At stake was the fate of a nation ... What fascinates me, and this is probably where Mussolini and I are very different, is the way he was able to go against his morals to achieve his goal."

mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:47:24 »

It doesn't change what fact?

Are you a Lazio fan or not btw?

It doesn't change the fact that Italian Fascism and Nazism are different.

No i'm not a Lazio fan. I am from an Italian background though and understand the country and it's history.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:49:08 by mrverve » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:49:18 »

Di Canio is far right and was fascinated by Mussolini. He DID NOT admire him and he found Mussolini's actions vile.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:49:37 »

Err Lou had experience of the ManUre way of creative accountancy....stood him in good stead.
Cheesy

Fact is a new manager would be good as an old manager here at present.
Macari was an ex player starting out,as is Di Canio.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:50:06 »

I do.

I repeat. He DID NOT admire Mussolini.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:50:36 »

You see, I keep reading this:

Which is true, he did say that. But would you believe it, some sections of the press decide to jazz it up up bit. Who'da thunk it.

What he actually says adds a little balance

I think you're right in that he has been misquoted somewhat but that article was written well before his actions at Lazio. I'm concerned that he's happily saluting a group of openly racist right-wing fascists who admire Mussolini.

Di Canio's definitely a bit nuts and that's one reason I don't want him at Swindon.

It doesn't change the fact that Italian Fascism and Nazism are different.

No i'm not a Lazio fan. I am from an Italain background though and understand the country and it's history.
Mussolini (Italian fascists) stood side-by-side with Hitler (Nazi). There are differences, no doubt, but they're both still responsible for the deaths of innocent people.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:52:56 »

Done quite enough thanks. They're localised variants of the same creed. But tbh I wasn't directly equating the two here anyway - even if you accept there is a difference, the swastika is an explicitly Nazi symbol. As is the Totenkopf. Both are used frequently by Lazio's Ultras, who also have a long and serious history of extreme racism. Hence my deliberate use of the term neo-Nazi, as distinct from neo-fascist.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:56:13 »

Di Canio is far right and was fascinated by Mussolini. He DID NOT admire him and he found Mussolini's actions vile.
So much so that he had "Dux" tatooed on his arm and the fasces emblem used by Mussolini tattooed on his back

[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: