Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 22419 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:04:27 »

Only plus side I got the score right so may go up in the prediction league!

So, give no fucks
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:05:49 »

It’s painful to think of our squad this time last year in comparison to now. This is not a serious promotion campaign. Let’s hope the new boss is the man to sort it out for next season.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:15:52 »

Couldn't defend once Austin went off, were dropping too deep and just dropped deeper inviting the pressure.
Clayton looked fantastic next to MacDonald now looks very average, wonder why!

Awful transfer business, Morris and Austin both mentioned it, well hinted at it.   Expecting a bunch of kids to come in half way through the season is utterly clueless.

9 goals conceded in 4 games without MacDonald.  1 point out of last 12, 1 win at home since October 22nd.

It's a fucking disaster of a season on the pitch.

Will be amazed if we get more than 3k renewing STs next year.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:18:35 by Pookemon » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:16:31 »

Let's hope we pull out fingers out and get his assistant in and he doesn't fuck off.

STOP BEING A FUCKING SHAMBLES SWINDON, PLEASE.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:19:09 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:17:28 »

STOP BEING A FUCKING SHAMBLES SWINDIN, PLEASE.
Been saying that for 30 years  Crying
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:18:56 »

Awful transfer business, Morris and Austin both mentioned it.   Expecting a bunch of kids to come in half way through the season is utterly clueless.

Maybe Clem would finally get the fucking message and sack the spiv.

Morris and Brand needs need full control of ins and outs in the summer. Sandro can stick his spreadsheet up his ass.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:21:01 »

Couldn't defend once Austin went off, were dropping too deep and just dropped deeper inviting the pressure.
Clayton looked fantastic next to MacDonald now looks very average, wonder why!

Awful transfer business, Morris and Austin both mentioned it, well hinted at it.   Expecting a bunch of kids to come in half way through the season is utterly clueless.

9 goals conceded in 4 games without MacDonald.  1 point out of last 12, 1 win at home since October 22nd.

It's a fucking disaster of a season on the pitch.

Agree on the ST. Don’t think I’m going to renew gonna wait to see what happens in the summer in terms of recruitment. Just can’t stomach another season like this one
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:37:35 »

Quote from: Nemo
We did all dream of them. It's on us really.

That song always amused me because of how thoroughly unsuited he'd be in any other position!

🤣🤣🤣

can we go back to Alan Reeves now?
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:42:30 »

I was no fan of MacDonald, thought he was far to slow and couldn't string a pass together, so wasn't bothered when he went to Aberdeen. But to let him go without a proper replacement is really coming home to bite us on the ass now.   Suicide
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:45:38 »

Quote from: DiV
Maybe exaggerated with sarcasm but stand by the point that he’s the wrong choice & we needed someone with experience of managing at a level where winning games is the priority or even just some one with the philosophy of winning > style.

I'd have gone artell as he's more likely to have got the ground running. And because I had money on him.

But I'm not sure it would have made a difference given the available squad.

not going to know much about Morris ability until later in the season and the summer imo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:47:53 »

Quote from: Pookemon

I dunno. The fan base has been remarkably resilient so far. 9k on Saturday.

I know a fair few are saying they won't renew, but will they?

the price rise better be token or frozen though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:55:49 »

I'd have gone artell as he's more likely to have got the ground running. And because I had money on him.

But I'm not sure it would have made a difference given the available squad.

not going to know much about Morris ability until later in the season and the summer imo.

Gav Gunning (small sample size I know) hit the ground running.
This team / squad is definitely capable of better.
It just seems we are trying to make our team a passing possession team when we’d be better of being an up and at them team.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 22:56:31 »

I’m waiting to see if anything changes with the set up/ recruitment policy before renewing.

Not prepared to pay nearly £400 to watch a team of academy kids get given their asses on a plate by physical players every week.

This season have enjoyed 2 home games Rochdale and Grimsby. That ain’t value for money
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 23:09:00 »

Thank god we signed Austin, although not for the reasons we originally thought. There was us thinking he’d help with a promotion charge when in reality he should provide enough quality to keep us out of the relegation fight. Let’s face it, this lot would capitulate under that sort of pressure.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 23:12:03 »

Gav Gunning (small sample size I know) hit the ground running.
This team / squad is definitely capable of better.
It just seems we are trying to make our team a passing possession team when we’d be better of being an up and at them team.

I know I didn't watch the first half tonight, but the second half did not look like a team trying to play possession based football.  Rabbit caught in the headlights football.

The fact Austin would call out Khan as being his partner in crime as the wise heads should be a huge alarm bell.  The lad is in his first Div 4 level season of football.  What a damning indictment of what he sees in the changing room and training pitch.

I know Reed, Gladwin and MacDonald were all "replaceable" - that context though is if you replaced with better as they were not good enough for a top 3 push as a combined group.  Instead we ripped the experience out of the team and replaced it with more rough diamonds.  They sure as hell were not Morris' decisions and I doubt Clem wants to be involved in the squad building (hence why the Austin signing was totally left field - looks to me like Clem trying to correct the ship a little).  That leaves Ralph as the man at the wheel in building this squad.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: