Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ice, ice, baby  (Read 16365 times)
Talk Talk

« on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 22:37:40 »

Jeez. Last night was a nightmare when it rained and then froze. We were out at a do at the Marriott and tried to get a taxi at about half twelve. V-Cars were blunt. "We are fully booked". We were stood outside with some people and one of them worked for another taxi company and managed to get us one.

Stepping out of the car onto our road was viscous. Sheet ice. Black like a nigger's armpit. I told the taxi driver to take it easy just in case he skidded into one of our cars.

This morning the road was even worse. As we live on the bottom of a hill it was like the Olympic ski jump at Garmisch except going in the wrong direction.

My good lady went round her sister's for her birthday and slid down the slope into the kerb by her house. Had to be pushed back up the hill.

I have left my car at the car park at the top of the road tonight. The Fosse Way may well be a right bastard in the morning. Warwick here I come. Or not. Not looking forward to it.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 22:40:07 »

The main roads are fine. Residential streets have been like ice rinks today though.
Talk Talk

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 22:42:45 »

The main roads are fine. Residential streets have been like ice rinks today though.

The Town Centre (much as I hate it I visit it once a year to get Joy's Christmas present) was disgraceful today. The whole bloody place was icy and dangerous. I thought I paid Council Tax to get some salt and grit on the pavements. Wankers.
iffy

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 22:44:54 »

Jeez. Last night was a nightmare when it rained and then froze. We were out at a do at the Marriott and tried to get a taxi at about half twelve. V-Cars were blunt. "We are fully booked". We were stood outside with some people and one of them worked for another taxi company and managed to get us one.

Stepping out of the car onto our road was viscous. Sheet ice. Black like a nigger's armpit. I told the taxi driver to take it easy just in case he skidded into one of our cars.

This morning the road was even worse. As we live on the bottom of a hill it was like the Olympic ski jump at Garmisch except going in the wrong direction.

My good lady went round her sister's for her birthday and slid down the slope into the kerb by her house. Had to be pushed back up the hill.

I have left my car at the car park at the top of the road tonight. The Fosse Way may well be a right bastard in the morning. Warwick here I come. Or not. Not looking forward to it.

speechless
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 22:52:55 »

Really? I rang up V Cars at 1am last night for a cab from Old Town and they turned up within 10 minutes.

I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't get a cab from them within 20 minutes but it was at least a couple of years ago.
Talk Talk

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 22:56:36 »

speechless

Don't be so bloody PC. In fact stay speechless, you will offend me less that way.
Talk Talk

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 23:02:24 »

Really? I rang up V Cars at 1am last night for a cab from Old Town and they turned up within 10 minutes.

I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't get a cab from them within 20 minutes but it was at least a couple of years ago.

Perhaps it had quietened down by then. We rang every number we could (after consulting the Yellow Pages on reception). In the end we booked two taxis from every firm - ooops...

My daughter was at Liquid at 3:30am and they had to wait half an hour for one at that time in the morning. Perhaps they like your face Jonny.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 23:03:25 »

There are plenty of things which are black, no need to resort to casual racism. Obviously done to provoke a reaction.
Talk Talk

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 23:08:19 »

There are plenty of things which are black, no need to resort to casual racism. Obviously done to provoke a reaction.

<sigh Si>

Why is it that an expression that was fine twenty years ago is no longer 'acceptable'? Fuck it - I haven't got anything against anybody of any race, creed or religion (as long as they leave me alone). I'm sure black people still call whites 'honkeys' or worse. And I bet you also call the Welsh 'sheep shaggers' even though you are amongst them now. 'Jocks'? 'Taffs'? 'Pakis'? Get a grip.

Ok then, try 'as black as a Yorkshire miner's helmet'? Is that more or less suitable?

IT'S JUST A FUCKING EXPRESSION, OK?
iffy

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 23:13:38 »

<sigh Si>

Why is it that an expression that was fine twenty years ago is no longer 'acceptable'?

Why not try asking a black person, you complete fucking moron.

Tomorrow, find twenty black people, and ask them if they find that phrase offensive. Find Ten. Find one.

I repeat, you are a complete fucking moron.

Twenty years ago was 1980. It was not acceptable then.

You are a complete fucking moron.
iffy

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 23:15:28 »

What's more - none of your posts are ever about football. You clearly know nothing about anything, but this forum is supposed to about football.

And you are a complete fucking moron, but you probably got that from my last post.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 23:21:05 »

I'm half Welsh you fucking idiot.
Talk Talk

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 23:23:11 »

What's more - none of your posts are ever about football. You clearly know nothing about anything, but this forum is supposed to about football.

Stalking my posts then, eh?

No, I don't profess to know that much about football to be honest as I am relatively new to it. Pardon me for being involved. I do support Swindon Town though, unless that is unacceptable because I haven't been attending for the last 40 years. You obviously have though and therefore that makes you a far superior person to me and your opinion carries far greater weight. Yeah, ok.

"25% Football, 80% Bollocks" - just in case you missed it.

And you are a complete fucking moron, but you probably got that from my last post.

Indeed I did. I think that that comment effectively sums you up my friend. You know nothing about me, my life, work or interests.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 23:24:12 »

Accept general discussion isnt supposed to be about football.
For what its worth its not something Id have said either,but whatever.

/
W56196272
Talk Talk

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 23:24:23 »

I'm half Welsh you fucking idiot.

Sorry, Si. I didn't know. You have my sympathy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: