Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ice, ice, baby  (Read 16438 times)
dell boy

« Reply #45 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 09:31:28 »

See, drinking's bad for you.

If I'd had a drink it would not have hurt, I was walking to the pub when it happened.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 09:42:23 »

It took me half hour to walk to the haydon center from my house yesterday, it's only a 10 minute journey Sad

Thankfully i managed to remain upright the whole way

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 10:22:11 »

i managed to remain upright the whole way

Impressive, it was fookin lethal.
Barry Scott

« Reply #48 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:17:49 »

It took me half hour to walk to the haydon center from my house yesterday, it's only a 10 minute journey Sad

Thankfully i managed to remain upright the whole way

We must be neighbours. Smiley

I went out this morning and with a broom cleared loads of snow from around my flat, this then led to what remained becoming sheet ice and clearly worse than snow. So then i emptied 2 containers of salt over everywhere turning it all to water.

My problem is now, how much salt insures that the water won't later return to ice? What's the perfect salt to water ratio where i know that none of the water will freeze again and i haven't created something that Health and Safety will have nightmares over? Should i buy more salt? Is it ok as it is?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:31:48 »

We must be neighbours. Smiley

I went out this morning and with a broom cleared loads of snow from around my flat, this then led to what remained becoming sheet ice and clearly worse than snow. So then i emptied 2 containers of salt over everywhere turning it all to water.

My problem is now, how much salt insures that the water won't later return to ice? What's the perfect salt to water ratio where i know that none of the water will freeze again and i haven't created something that Health and Safety will have nightmares over? Should i buy more salt? Is it ok as it is?

It's a tricky one....judging by the TV ads, injury compensation lawyers seems to be growth industry....I think a Batch style disclaimer sign board would be the best way forward.
nochee

« Reply #50 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:32:39 »

How lucky was i last night when i skidded off the road at 0130 just 100m from my house. I managed to miss the signpost and the lampost. I had no control whatsoever and i was taking things quite easily to be fair.

* skid.jpg (149.41 KB, 600x800 - viewed 82 times.)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:46:03 »

Impressive, it was fookin lethal.

I had to go the long way round. I wasn't walking up any hills!

Things get better but they never get good
Barry Scott

« Reply #52 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:10:14 »

How lucky was i last night when i skidded off the road at 0130 just 100m from my house. I managed to miss the signpost and the lampost. I had no control whatsoever and i was taking things quite easily to be fair.

When i first learned to drive, it snowed shortly afterwards and my Dad, who was a go-karting champ and amateur rally driver in his younger days, wanted me to go out and learn how to control slides and what not in the snow.

He took me to a car park and we spent hours doing hand break turns and under steering and over steering so i got an idea of what to expect. It was ace.

Anyway, because of this new found confidence, i went out and had a fucking ball, me and some mates were in my car sliding everywhere, i was like a pig in shit. So i went around a mates and explained he's got to come out as well; we're having a riot sliding around bends and what not.

So he gets in his car, and within 10 metres of his front door, understeers around the first corner and into the front of his neighbours car. His car stayed at his house after that. Smiley

It's ace as well to find an empty car park and leave your handbrake slightly on, then drive around. This way the backend is always loose and you can have soooo much fun. (If it's front wheel drive of course.)
nochee

« Reply #53 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:21:38 »

When i first learned to drive, it snowed shortly afterwards and my Dad, who was a go-karting champ and amateur rally driver in his younger days, wanted me to go out and learn how to control slides and what not in the snow.

He took me to a car park and we spent hours doing hand break turns and under steering and over steering so i got an idea of what to expect. It was ace.

Anyway, because of this new found confidence, i went out and had a fucking ball, me and some mates were in my car sliding everywhere, i was like a pig in shit. So i went around a mates and explained he's got to come out as well; we're having a riot sliding around bends and what not.

So he gets in his car, and within 10 metres of his front door, understeers around the first corner and into the front of his neighbours car. His car stayed at his house after that. Smiley

It's ace as well to find an empty car park and leave your handbrake slightly on, then drive around. This way the backend is always loose and you can have soooo much fun. (If it's front wheel drive of course.)

If i was in that story, i would be your neighbour! so i will leave the skidding around car parks for now, thanks. Its too expensive. Unless we can use your car?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:18:37 »

Been snowing again here too.

What does a Welshman call a sheep tied to a lamp post?

A leisure centre?
Sussex

« Reply #55 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:22:31 »

Yay. I've only got two jokes  Sad
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:48:24 »

wow. the start of this thread hurts my brain. racism is only unacceptable because of political correctness? wut?

glad i finally got out of heathrow last night, sounds like it'll be complete chaos there today.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 14:07:12 »

What is it with SBC and gritting ?

They should be gritting the main pavements around the town, but of course they don't, walking along Fleming Way - a main road that the busses stop on - this morning I managed to slip over on some ice and crack my head, walked into work with blood running down the back of me, once cleaned up had to then go back into town to purchase a new shirt as I could not stay in a blood soaked shirt all day, a nice start to the day, all because the council could not grit one of the main walkways in the town.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 14:11:40 »

What is it with SBC and gritting ?

They should be gritting the main pavements around the town, but of course they don't, walking along Fleming Way - a main road that the busses stop on - this morning I managed to slip over on some ice and crack my head, walked into work with blood running down the back of me, once cleaned up had to then go back into town to purchase a new shirt as I could not stay in a blood soaked shirt all day, a nice start to the day, all because the council could not grit one of the main walkways in the town.

i'd have a word, sue.

and i'd have milked it and took the day off.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 14:14:52 »

wow. the start of this thread hurts my brain. racism is only unacceptable because of political correctness? wut?

glad i finally got out of heathrow last night, sounds like it'll be complete chaos there today.

Are you subjected to racism for being an Irishman in Norway?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: