Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v St. Evenage match day thread  (Read 15332 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 08:59:24 »

I’ve enjoyed us having Jonny, but he’s tailed off and checked out. I suspect Morris doesn’t see the merit of playing someone who may well have a deal elsewhere already.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:00:21 »

So where was Williams? Injured, ill or dropped?

Does it matter?
He’s as good as gone anyway.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:01:20 »

I’ve enjoyed us having Jonny, but he’s tailed off and checked out. I suspect Morris doesn’t see the merit of playing someone who may well have a deal elsewhere already.
Its looking increasingly likely his destination will be either Wrexham or Colchester linking up with Garner.

I like Willo a lot and would love him to stay but if Morris doesnt have full faith in him I doubt we will even make him a new contract offer at all despite Johnny saying he would happily sign if the wages were right for him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:03:14 »

4D quote]
For their 2 Tuesday night games in Feb they took 105 to Newport and 463 to Wimbledon.
They'll bring around 300.

Wink
For a trip of around 100 miles each way and you are a club sitting in 3rd place in the league and looking like they will be promoted with 3 games left in the season that is utterly piss poor support.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:18:00 »

For a trip of around 100 miles each way and you are a club sitting in 3rd place in the league and looking like they will be promoted with 3 games left in the season that is utterly piss poor support.
One might even say "tinpot"!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:18:56 »

Watching the extended highlights there were actually a few good forward passes from Cain which I didn't really clock last night as he and Khan were largely getting bulldozered in dangerous positions in front of our defence.

Newport fans thought quite highly of him so hopefully we can see more from him next year. Not quite sure what sort of midfielder he is though...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:21:04 »

if Morris doesnt have full faith in him I doubt we will even make him a new contract offer
If that's the case,that is a major misjudgement by Morris in my opinion

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:26:15 »

If that's the case,that is a major misjudgement by Morris in my opinion

Perhaps but I don’t think it matter if we offer him a deal or not.
He’s gone regardless.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:29:49 »

Yes, but this is Stevenage we are talking about  Grin
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:48:33 »

I like Willo a lot and would love him to stay but if Morris doesnt have full faith in him I doubt we will even make him a new contract offer at all despite Johnny saying he would happily sign if the wages were right for him.

Does he not? By all accounts was desperate for him to stay in Jan and my reading of it is he knows Williams is off so we need to look at players under contract.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 10:09:41 »

Irrelevent of whether Williams is injured or not, fans have been crying out for players that are contracted and expected to be staying next season to be playing, bar Brynn that is exactly what that starting 11 was last night.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 11:18:21 »

Quote from: DiV
Does it matter?
He’s as good as gone anyway.

well yeah, wanted to win that one.

he's hardly gone experimental
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 11:24:36 »

If it means Morris realises that Shade needs to go then it'll have been well worth it.

Interestingly Jonny was sat with Gladwin in the Definitely not the Vice Chairman's Directors' Box.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 11:29:55 »

I have no issue with the 'dark arts', which to my mind is playing on the edge of the law.

What I do have a problem with is cheating, and this ref was absolutely blind to it. Going down feigning a head injury time and time again is cheating, pure and simple. One of them went over in their box when we had the ball in a dangerous area and the ref just blew up. It was piss poor from them and piss poor from the ref. Something needs to be done to stamp it out.

A bit of subtle time wasting here and there, some needle and physicality and getting in the refs ear is all fine.

Pure straight-up overt cheating stinks.

I thought that at the time, but the Ifollow replay (which didn't look completely conclusive right enough) showed that the 2 Stevenage players clashed heads when trying to clear the ball out of the box. I also thought Rose's was a legitimate head injury as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 11:37:03 »

So where was Williams? Injured, ill or dropped?

Hawes said he was injured. I think I read he has a groin problem.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: