Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ICC super series  (Read 4429 times)
STFC Village

« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 17, 2005, 11:16:31 »

Have to disagree with that its a waste of time, effort and money. I quite enjoy seeing most of the Worlds best players of the current era all in one team. And although they have been poor so far, I do believe they will improve for the next test, so may well see the next 2 games being closer.....although I still expect to see Aussies win :x

Agree with the inclusion of at least Vaughan....with England being the 2nd best test side now, they should have more than 2 players in the side.

With the umpiring stuff, I thought that they could refer debated catches already ie if the catcher had taken it "on the half volley or not". I think there would still be a need for umpires though, otherwise bowlers would be shouting "Howzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!" at the 3rd umpire in the pavilion Cheesy
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 17, 2005, 13:20:25 »

I quite enjoy seeing most of the Worlds best players of the current era all in one team. And although they have been poor so far, I do believe they will improve for the next test

Its finished now Village,it was only the one test match.Which is a shame because i'm sure the ROW would have improved.I enjoyed the idea of seeing the best players in the world in one team too, but i was disappointed in the way they played in the series,sadly i think some of them were treating it like a holiday and didn't play as well as they would for their countries,fair enough i suppose.

with England being the 2nd best test side now

Surely after our glorious summer,we are now the best team in the world Smiley  Wink

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
STFC Village

« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 17, 2005, 13:22:19 »

Woops, thought it was a 3 test series for some reason Oops

I agree, we are the best test side, i was meaning World Rankings, which are clearly wrong
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 17, 2005, 13:28:44 »

that was a pretty embarrasing series though. I think the players just weren't putting in the effort really. im surprised flintoff harmison and pietersen took part after a hard ashes series. Australia deservedly won.

also, england are definitely the best test side in the world. if we win our winter tour we will go top i think.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2005, 22:16:43 »

Quote from: "Johno"
also, england are definitely the best test side in the world. if we win our winter tour we will go top i think.

1) No. Australia have beaten everyone time and time again for 10 years. We've had a good 18 months.

2) I'm not sure whether you're right, but I'd be happy with a draw in Pakistan with (S) Jones
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2005, 22:22:41 »

i think the aussies are undisputed best. i hate to say it but its true. they have lost 1 series so that doesn't make them the 2nd best just because we beat them does it. i do think England are by far and away the 2nd best side in the world though
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: