Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: New players on Town radar - McCrory  (Read 6375 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 06:00:08 »

New players on Town radar - McCrory

CHAIRMAN Jed McCrory has revealed Swindon Town have identified six or seven transfer targets and that new players could begin to arrive at the County Ground at the end of the month.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10480600.New_players_on_Town_radar___McCrory/?ref=rss

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 06:26:45 »

So after several key squad members leave we may be bringing in some players replacements  in time for the new season.

Wow, the Adver boys must have gone undercover for months to get that scoop Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:09:21 »

So after several key squad members leave we may be bringing in some players replacements  in time for the new season.

Wow, the Adver boys must have gone undercover for months to get that scoop Smiley

....and not a single name mentioned anywhere.

Enough for the happy clappers no doubt.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:47:07 »

Or even those who understand how the close season works.
DRS

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:55:35 »

A good medium then,enough for the happy clappers and enough for the miserable cunts.
Red Jed

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 08:49:31 »

Or even those who understand how the close season works.
Thumb
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 09:06:03 »

Have you been watching football long?

Do you want to page back through threads during previous closed seasons and read the rants from fans about the idiocy of announcing transfer targets before the deals are done?

Were the signings that Paolo made announced until they had the scarf over their heads? Mainly no from what I remember. Whereas we all knew about the loan signings that were lined up for January, and look haw that ended up.

I like a bit of transfer speculation and rumour as much as the next man. But I want the club themselves to keep their mouths shut until someone has signed.

..never go back.
lambourn red

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 09:08:58 »

I know it is very worrying looking at all our rivals signing so many players with us not making a move yet  Head Hurts
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 10:03:55 »

He's read the Adver article! Hooray!!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 10:04:08 »

I know it is very worrying looking at all our rivals signing so many players with us not making a move yet  Head Hurts

Here is a link to Shittys forum that has all incoming and outgoing transfers so far....looks like there has been about 20 signings by all the teams in our league so far in total, not exactly left behind.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/155069-official-transfers-league-1-201314-part-1-part-2-in-comments/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 10:08:18 »

This time last season we had not made a single signing yet.

Every year we get people panicking and forecasting doom about the lack of transfer activity and every year it has to be explained that it's the norm.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 10:27:59 »

I don't expect any new signings at this time of year, but think it obvious if we need to halve the wage bill, then roughly we need to halve the squad...once this has been done, then KMac can have a look around, so what's left and see what he needs and see what he can afford.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 10:34:19 »

but think it obvious if we need to halve the wage bill, then roughly we need to halve the squad...

So you think other teams on a similar or lower budget potter about with 12 or so players for a season then Reg? It's not obvious at all considering so many other teams do just fine on less, why should we be any different?

There's no happy-clapping or doom-mongering to be done until we know how many come in and who they are, I'm sure you'll still persevere though.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 11:31:49 »

Have hearts got any good players?  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22888346

Never knowingly overstated.
TungstenCarbide

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 12:05:31 »

But Reg, the budget was £4.5mn when we had Ritchie, Risser, Hollands, Martin, Cibocchi (I could go on) by the end of the season we'd trimmed that down with players paid up and loanees returned to clubs.

Surely Caddis and Benson moving on should get us down to where we need to be, we've freed a lot of players for a club with a small squad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: