Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Richie  (Read 121998 times)
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:14:07 »

I don't want this to sound too dramatic/pessimistic (cue dramatic pessimistic post)...

Other than losing our best player to a promotion rival... my main concern is the effect this now has on our manager.

Interesting times....

Totally gutted Ritchie has left, such a good player for us. POTY in our relegation season (not hard) league 2 POTY in our champ winning team and 9 goals 9 assists this season. £400,000? He's only 23.... should have been triple that. Whoever sanctioned that deal tonight has questions to answer for sure.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:14:23 »

he'd surely have a say in it. knowing the kind of character PDC is the existing/new board wouldn't go behind his back as they know he'd walk away from STFC over something like this
If I'd asked you yesterday if we'd have accepted a 400k bid from Bournemouth for Ritchie, you'd have laughed in my face. And so would I (assuming I can laugh in my own face). I think all logic and rationale went out the window when that email got sent from the "financial restructuring experts" last night
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:15:04 »

I think DMR is suggesting he's not in the same class as those players, and I worry myself by sort of agreeing.  I don't doubt we'll miss Ritchie but I think the rest of the team is better placed to handle the loss than other ones were with those players listed.
DMR

« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:15:14 »

A. Why?

B. The reason why, who to and how much for is why people are livid.

Because all 3 of them were more important than MR, who has had the luxury of a bit more quality around him and a proper manager
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:15:21 »

Are Bournemouth fans not even a little bit worried by how much their club is spending?

Obviously not, despite a few times they've been close to going to the wall.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:16:08 »

If I'd asked you yesterday if we'd have accepted a 400k bid from Bournemouth for Ritchie, you'd have laughed in my face. And so would I (assuming I can laugh in my own face). I think all logic and rationale went out the window when that email got sent from the "financial restructuring experts" last night

very true. so it appears what was written in said email is true. they're all up for sale

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:16:54 »

That'll probably just cover their fees!

Transfer window deadline - traditionally the day when clubs pay OVER the odds for players...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:17:00 »

Are Bournemouth fans not even a little bit worried by how much their club is spending?

As for how the hell they're staying under the 60 per cent. Now that really is baffling.
Uncanny parallels with this and us signing Collins from Shrews. This is exactly what Shrewsbury fans were saying about us.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:17:08 »

Do you think we've got a sell on clause.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:17:51 »

Its not the player per se, its the way he fitted into the way we played, and now a cog has gone the engine will fall apart, seen it before, this had better be explained and pretty quickly, otherwise all the good will that has built up over the last 4-5 years will be gone in a flash.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:17:54 »

Maybe Ritchie wanted to leave us and be closer to his home?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:18:16 »

Do you think we've got a sell on clause.
I imagine the deal will officially be undisclosed.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:18:24 »

If Muff were in a Admin a few years back looks like they've enough to pay back in full all those who only got 10p in every pound owed.

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:18:34 »

Maybe Ritchie wanted to leave us and be closer to his home?

Think he just wants stability and we can't guarantee that right now.
Dozno9

« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:18:41 »

He's paid for 2 months operating costs according to the figures flying about. It'll be interesting if Collins, Williams etc start leaving because then it gets a little bit darker.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: