Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Consortium News  (Read 21515 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 21:41:59 »

One question Mike - you say significant financial backing...I take it that would be to purchase a certain amount of shares and obtain a place on the board. What I'm concerned about though is whether we'd be able to fund the club's lump sum debts that constantly crop up - the CVA payments, rents, etc etc.

Great work - it is so so good to see a group of fans getting off their arses and doing something.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 22:07:08 »

Mike

As they they:

Don't let the bastards grind you down....Especially Greek ones !!!

Let's hope the fans consortium take over the club sooner, rather than later, and kick these lying arse wipes out of the club.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 03:36:30 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Fantastic work Arthur.

Lets get Diamandis out as soon as possible

Ere fuckin Ere!

Millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 08:39:47 »

Newbury clowns out. No more bullshit.
Lumps

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 10:06:25 »

I don't want to piss on anyones chips, but surely if the CVA was due in June, when we had cash in the bank, slagging off Diamandis for failiing to pay it is a bit fucking rich.

I know you're all completely up his arse, and from his posts on here he seems a genuine bloke, but we had a CE, Mark D, in post at that time. If important stuff didn't get done surely the buck has to stop there?

There are two payments that we seem to have overlooked during that period this year. The CVA and the one to the revenue. ANYONE in business will tell ou these are the two you pay FIRST, as there the ones most likely to get you wound up. If, as it seems, they didn't get paid through an oversight, then that's almost unforgiveable.

Add to that the debacle of failing to adequately document the nature and scope of Bill P's investment before starting to spend the money, and it doesn't look good for the man in the flasher mac to me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 10:18:49 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
I don't want to piss on anyones chips, but surely if the CVA was due in June, when we had cash in the bank, slagging off Diamandis for failiing to pay it is a bit fucking rich.

I know you're all completely up his arse, and from his posts on here he seems a genuine bloke, but we had a CE, Mark D, in post at that time. If important stuff didn't get done surely the buck has to stop there?

Erm, actually I think you'll find that Mark D was not allowed to engage in "important stuff" to do with the overall financial structure of the club - read the club statements slagging him off, it's quite clear he was expected to stay on a tight leash. Those matters would be dealt with by Mike D and Sandy Gray. Or in this case not dealt with.

There are two payments that we seem to have overlooked during that period this year. The CVA and the one to the revenue. ANYONE in business will tell ou these are the two you pay FIRST, as there the ones most likely to get you wound up. If, as it seems, they didn't get paid through an oversight, then that's almost unforgiveable.

Were did you get this oversight business from? They chose not to pay the CVA deliberately. This was admitted in the statement the club put out, according to that they decided not to pay the amount due because they were going to try and renegotiate next year's payment (the 900k). Whether you believe that or not there was no oversight, just a deliberate reckless gamble with a CVA that could force the club into liquidation.

And I'm curious that you're talking about two payments - one to the CVA and one to the revenue. No-one's said we've missed a payment to the revenue outside the CVA. And Sandy Gray assured everyone at the AGM and in subsquent fans' meetings that payments to the revenue were up to the date, at the same time as she was assuring us that CVA payments were. Oh.....

Seriously, is this stuff about a second missed payment just you getting the wrong end of the stick or is there something else we don't know about?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 10:20:56 »

Add to that the debacle of failing to adequately document the nature and scope of Bill P's investment before starting to spend the money, and it doesn't look good for the man in the flasher mac to me.

Say it is Mark Ds fault it didnt get paid, that is still no reason to lie to your share holders at an AGM.

We were promised this had been paid, and it hasnt been. Regardless of who was supposed to pay it....we have been lied to which is disgusting
Lumps

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 11:17:05 »

Quote from: "pauld"

Erm, actually I think you'll find that Mark D was not allowed to engage in "important stuff" to do with the overall financial structure of the club - read the club statements slagging him off, it's quite clear he was expected to stay on a tight leash. Those matters would be dealt with by Mike D and Sandy Gray. Or in this case not dealt with.

Were did you get this oversight business from? They chose not to pay the CVA deliberately. This was admitted in the statement the club put out, according to that they decided not to pay the amount due because they were going to try and renegotiate next year's payment (the 900k). Whether you believe that or not there was no oversight, just a deliberate reckless gamble with a CVA that could force the club into liquidation.

And I'm curious that you're talking about two payments - one to the CVA and one to the revenue. No-one's said we've missed a payment to the revenue outside the CVA. And Sandy Gray assured everyone at the AGM and in subsquent fans' meetings that payments to the revenue were up to the date, at the same time as she was assuring us that CVA payments were. Oh.....

Seriously, is this stuff about a second missed payment just you getting the wrong end of the stick or is there something else we don't know about?

Erm....

That sounds like a load of shite to me I'm afraid.

The Chief Executive of a limited company is exactly that. The person charged with running the day to day operations of the company on behalf of the board.

All the statements I've seen from the board seem to say is that those operations were supposed to be within strict financial budgets, that Mark wasn't allowed to exceed without reference to the board, which isn't at all unusual.

If, as you're suggesting, the CE of STFC wasn't expected to take responsvbility for something as "important" as making sure the bills got paid, then it begs the question what the fuck was he responsible for?

The revenue payment being missed? Check back on this forum a couple of months ago. Everyone got out of their tree 'cause we missed a the end of year VAT payment. I'd find a link but I can't be arsed. It got sorted months back, but shouldn't have happened at all. Suprised you don't remember it?

As for the choosing not to pay the CVA thing and including it in the renegotiation of the final payment.

Frankly using that as an argument is fucking bizarre! If you believe that statement then I don't see why there's a problem. No-one's to blame because it was a chosen course of action. It could even be argued that the statements to the AGM and SC were technically accurate, as payments that were due were up to date, the June one having been renegotiated and therefore not due.

However, the statement posted by Arthur H (on behalf of the Trust?), suggests that the failure to pay had been "uncovered by due diligence procedures" and would other wise have been not known about threatening the future of the club. That, I thought was the position most people on here had adopted, not taking that statement at face value, but seeing it as a way of dressing up a mistake.

If we've now decided the board are telling the truth then you can all fucking shut up about it and talk about something else.

I fucking knew this would get this reaction. It's absolutely fucking typical of the completely partisan way you lot have started to approach every issue at the club.

"Mark D and Bill P are perfect and totally blameless, the other lot are wankers" sums it up.

Even when Billl promised major investment in the club, then completely understanderbly as a result of his accident and health chose not to pursue it, leaving us financially a bit fucked, it had to be Mike D's fault.

Even when Bill pulled the, "I want my money back" thing, he was still a saint. When it was thought he might be able to get his money back because the terms of his investment hadn't been documented, ....still no criticism of either of them.

I've never seen a bunch of football fans be so one eyed.
TalkTalk

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 11:31:43 »

With respect Lumps, I can't help thinking that you are going to look a bit of a tool when the truth does come out about how this football club has been run in recent years.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 11:35:31 »

"Mark D and Bill P are perfect and totally blameless, the other lot are wankers" sums it up.

the vote never happened. should we start a poll?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 11:47:13 »

Lumps, the board knowingly lied to its shareholders/fans at the AGM. Yes, at times it does pay to stand back and take a more balanced view, but when in this case there is no debate. How can we possibly trust one single thing we are told? It cannot continue.

Paul D, Mike/Arthur - I asked above about the potential for continued investment past the initial acquisition of shares should the consortium be a success - there was an interesting piece on the Championship this morning about Brentford's new model and how they simply haven't got any funds to fund the long term and how many of the fans who supported Bees United now wish they never had - Greg Dyke refuses to invest, so they're staring L2 in the face. The issue of continued funding needs to be addressed too - not simply a place on the board.

I've come to my wits end with the current board - at times I've thought its a hard job and perhaps we should cut them some slack, but after being lied to, thats it. End of the road and no turning back. Its completely indefensble and heads must roll for the good of OUR club.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 11:47:33 »

Lumps, I think you're the one-eyed one round here. I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse or just haven't understood what's well documented in the public domain.

1) Mike Diamandis runs this club, arguably on behalf of the Wills family, in some cases directly (e.g. he claims the credit for bringing in players, managers etc) and in some cases indirectly, through the likes of Sandy Gray, the Finance Director. If you have any doubt about this, read the club's own statements from September which make it very clear that any major financial decision had to be cleared by Mike Diamandis and Sandy Gray.

2) Your definition of what a CEO should be responsible for may hold in most businesses, but sadly STFC has not been a normal business for many years. Mark D would not have had responsibility for ensuring bills were paid, that was the responsibility of the Finance Director, Sandy Gray. Or, for the more day-to-day stuff, some of the more mundane stuff would have been devolved to the finance department which at the time would have been the financial adminstrator, Martyn Starnes.

3) Bill Power did not just promise major investment in the club, he put in £1.2 million, the bulk of which was to be used to ensure serious bills that could otherwise put the club under were paid. Where did that go?

4) Mike Wilks's statement does not say that the CVA not being paid was an oversight, what he is quite clearly saying is that we would not know about this had it not been unearthed ie that the Finance Director and Acting CEO, despite their statements before the AGM, at the AGM, and subsequently that the CVA had been paid would have continued to conceal the fact that it hadn't from fans and shareholders had they not been "outed" as having misled both fans and shareholders. The accusation is not that the current regime somehow forgot about the CVA and wouldn't have spotted it otherwise, but that they continually and over a sustained period of time misled fans and shareholders as to the financial situation at the club. That's what Mike is saying and that's what I am saying.
Lumps

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 11:47:54 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
With respect Lumps, I can't help thinking that you are going to look a bit of a tool when the truth does come out about how this football club has been run in recent years.

With respect, I think everyone that's thrown around allegations of incompetence and even fraud on this forum would look "a bit of a tool" if the truth were ever to emerge.

However, you all carry on doing it safe in the knowledge that's fucking unlikely to happen.

I'm just trying to provide a bit of balance.

But as you've all made you're minds up about everything already I'll not bother.

The world really is black and white to you people isn't it?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 11:53:34 »

Lumps, where's the black and white in being lied to by the board. Please, do answer.
TalkTalk

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 11:58:07 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

With respect, I think everyone that's thrown around allegations of incompetence and even fraud on this forum would look "a bit of a tool" if the truth were ever to emerge.

However, you all carry on doing it safe in the knowledge that's fucking unlikely to happen.

I'm just trying to provide a bit of balance.

But as you've all made you're minds up about everything already I'll not bother.

The world really is black and white to you people isn't it?

Hey, I'm just guessing at what has gone based on everything I know that is factual.

However, I think the consensus on this (and other forums) is closer to reality than the direction you are coming from. We all have opinions.

I'm just waiting for the day when the truth does come out. Hopefully we will still have a football club and time to do something to save it from going down the pan. In my eyes at the moment that "something" is the consortium.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: