Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Consortium News  (Read 21550 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 17:29:43 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Non Disclosure Agreement

Its an agreement betwen parties that states that whatever is discussed around a negotiation table and any further arenas, stays around the negotiation table etc  and is not knowledge to any third parties that could have an impact, detrimental or otherwise to the ongoing talks.

Hope that helps Reg

Right in other words the NDA would keep Mickey out of the loop.......conversely it would also mean the fans would not have any knowledge of the outcom eof discussions.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 17:43:17 »

No, an NDA is there to protect confidentiality while discussions are ongoing and to ensure that should talks break down, neither party can seek to gain commercial or other gain from information acquired during negotiations and/or any period of due diligence. It's standard business practice, pretty much universally used to enable both parties in a negotiation to be able to discuss sensitive issues without fear of exposing themselves or that someone would turn up, pretend to want to invest in your company/market your new invention etc without any intention of actually doing so but just intending to get access to your books/ideas/etc to gain commercial advantage for themselves.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 17:48:18 »

Sorry, in less bullshit-laden language, an NDA would keep anyone who hadn't signed it out of the loop in terms of the fine detail, but wouldn't prevent 3rd parties (Mickey, fans, the CIA) from being kept up to speed with a broad overview of how things were progressing. And clearly once there was an outcome, fans would know one way or another what that outcome was.

And don't worry Lumps, an NDA's not like a WMD  Cheesy
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 17:53:08 »

Quote from: "pauld"
No, an NDA is there to protect confidentiality while discussions are ongoing and to ensure that should talks break down, neither party can seek to gain commercial or other gain from information acquired during negotiations and/or any period of due diligence. It's standard business practice, pretty much universally used to enable both parties in a negotiation to be able to discuss sensitive issues without fear of exposing themselves or that someone would turn up, pretend to want to invest in your company/market your new invention etc without any intention of actually doing so but just intending to get access to your books/ideas/etc to gain commercial advantage for themselves.

English please mush !
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 17:57:21 »

So if the NDA is standard business practice, I'm no businessman, so pardon my ignorance why don't the Board want to sign one?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 18:04:05 »

ehem

exposure Huh??
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 18:09:50 »

ehem

exposure Huh??

I must be being thick here, because I thought a non disclosure agreement would prevent exposure.

If, as increasingly seems to be the case, its suspected that Newbury has something to hide.....is it possible to get legal advice from Supporters Direct, as to what might be done to shed some light on matters?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 18:12:50 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
ehem

exposure Huh??

I must be being thick here, because I thought a non disclosure agreement would prevent exposure.

If, as increasingly seems to be the case, its suspected that Newbury has something to hide.....is it possible to get legal advice from Supporters Direct, as to what might be done to shed some light on matters?

yes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 18:17:25 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
ehem

exposure Huh??

yes

Whoosh.....yes what? I'm being thick.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 18:19:11 »

so why wouldnt anyone sign it ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 18:21:56 »

so why wouldnt anyone sign it ?

Fred, you've completely lost me  :tea:  maybe time for beer.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 18:23:12 »

God same here mate
spacey

« Reply #57 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 20:32:17 »

Shhhh, the eagle flies at dawn.
TalkTalk

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 20:44:12 »

I think what Fred was aiming at is this:

If the club had to enter into an NDA with potential investors then they would have to "bare all". Which might not be...shall we say...a credit to those currently running the club. It doesn't take much imagination to see a lot of skeletons actually flinging themselves forcibly out of the wardrobes once the doors have been opened.

So it is more in their interest to talk up the co-operation but to do nothing. As to whether SSW is aware of all this time bomb stuff is another question.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 21:23:01 »

I will be watching the Adver's coverage of this tomorrow with interest.  Let's keep asking the right questions.  Diamandis must be squirming right now, and he'll have to face the music sooner or later.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: