Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Cricket Thread 2013/14 - The Ashes Down Under  (Read 107894 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, December 14, 2013, 09:48:17 »

Wish we would bin off KP. He's a fucking useless idiot.
Trouble is he probably still less of a fucking useless idiot than the competition. 

We probably need to send some more scouts out to South Africa.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, December 14, 2013, 11:11:42 »

Wish we would bin off KP. He's a fucking useless idiot. Has been for a long time now.

Yep, really fucking useless:

overall average: 47.66
v Australia: 46.13   
in Australia: 48.50
year 2011: 73.10
year 2012: 43.87
year 2013: 32.94

He's had a shit year. So have most of our batsmen.

It's lucky we can select from such a big pool of experienced, talented batsmen with a proven record.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, December 14, 2013, 12:19:50 »

unlucky for Root but it was bloody close so can't blame the umpire. Cook and Peiterson, time to turn this series around now boys.
Think it was an awful decision by the umpire. You are supposed to give the benefit of doubt to the batsman. I couldn't see a deflection and I couldn't hear a noise. I know there was a noise on snicko, but that seemed after the ball had gone past and not the same sort of profile as an edge noise.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, December 14, 2013, 18:34:30 »

Big innings this now for England - could go one way or the other now - 180-4, with Bell and Stokes in. I think Bell has to score the ton in a similar way to what Steve Smith did for Aus, and get the lower order/tail to bat with him. Hopefully we can at least match the Aus score. I thought Carbs/Cook were going nicely, Joe Root to me looked unlucky but hey-ho and KP well gave it away...now's the time for a fightback boys!

#VivaKenBarlow!
kerry red

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, December 14, 2013, 18:57:56 »

Don't know why, but I honestly think we will get past the 385 today.

Just as I was convinced we'd win 3-1 today ...... DOH!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, December 14, 2013, 20:53:12 »

England's scoring rates in the series have gone to pot!!

Only got 180 and there's a new ball due in 10 overs. If the Aussies nip a couple out before that we have all seem what Johnson can do to the tail.

How on earth on a non spinning deck Lyon is allowed to get away with going at 2 an over!!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, December 14, 2013, 23:18:31 »

England's scoring rates in the series have gone to pot!!

Definite lack of confidence and so frustrating/boring to watch. In comparison, the Aussies are oozing confidence, shown by the fact they were well up and around the 4 an over mark for much of the 1st day!

#VivaKenBarlow!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 07:19:00 »

Am so glad not had the opportunity to watch a lot of this series live, we lose 6 wickets for 70 odd and the aussies pile on 123 for no loss with Warner scoring at nearly a run a ball.
Broad not bowling ?

Oh well off to work and will avoid the highlights later

Edit

Broad hit on the foot by MJ when out lbw and off to hospital for an xray

Just gets better
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 07:26:58 by @mwooly63 » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 13:05:22 »

Officially more embarrassing than 06/07. At least we were just outclassed that time.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 13:09:15 »

Officially more embarrassing than 06/07. At least we were just outclassed that time.
I was there to see us outclassed in Sydney Embarrassed
nochee

« Reply #265 on: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 13:31:01 »

It's times like this when I'm glad that I know fuck all about cricket.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 15:52:30 »

Well, that's the Ashes gone and another landslide victory on the cards for the Aussies.

Interesting to see what England do for the remaining matches. I would like to see some of the fringe members of the squad given a go to give them some international experience.

Rest Broad's foot and brink in Finn, Tremlett or Rankin. If Anderson wants a rest, let him have one too.

Prior's keeping looked pretty poor today. Added with his batting, I wouldn't be adverse to bringing in Bairstow - Although I don't think he keeping is good enough.

I'd also consider giving Ballance a game at the expense of Pietersen. Not because he is better, but more in order to see how he does at international level.

Whats the worst that can happen? We could get thoroughly dicked like we have in the rest of the series!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 16:02:16 »

Dropping players to rest them for 2 matches in a 5 match series because we've lost it is pathetic. It's insulting. Losing 3-2, 3-1 or even 3-0 is nowhere near as bad as losing 5-0 because we've given up and are treating the next two tests as trial matches for fringe players.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 22:37:23 »

What a complete fucking embarrassment this England team have become! No fight, guts or resistance. Outbowled, outbatted and outplayed. Only 3 test matches in and it looks like The Ashes will be lost tonight or failing that tomorrow. I just can't see England batting for effectively 5 sessions (Aussies will probably bat until lunch to take the lead to 450+, not that they'll need it) to 'save' the test match. I was quite confident of a series victory less than 3 weeks ago, but this is far worse than the 06/07 series. Some of those players need to take a long, hard look at themselves! Feel sorry for the fans as this is only going to get worse and worse! (Apologies on the rant/glum outlook)

#VivaKenBarlow!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 22:50:54 »

Feel sorry for the fans as this is only going to get worse and worse!

The 'Barmy Army' - self proclaimed saviours of Test Match cricket - are the one bunch of people I have no sympathy for at all. Never met such an irritating bunch of boring bellends in all my days, although in fairness I've never met the England 'band', that could be a close run thing.  Thinking about it I've not been to Hull either so they could easily take the no1 slot here.

As for the non-Barmy Army cricket loving followers again they've seen enough success in the last few years to withstand this battering, it's what sport's all about.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: