Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: "I'll do my job...you do yours"  (Read 9284 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 13:11:01 »

If we get to the Championship we will not be able to maintain this degree of financial freedom. Championship players will come at a greater price and unless crowds rise significantly, we'd end up in big trouble.

Think we'd need more stability if we get to the CH and PDC isn't exactly a beacon of stability. For the time being though, he's just the man for the job.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 13:20:34 »

That bloke Jose has done alright being similar though. It takes all sorts! Not saying he will make it to the top or not - probably does need to reign himself in a little. I'm still enjoying the ride though even if others aren't.

Although having won the majority of cups in european football does give you a little more leeway than winning the English 4th division.

Paolo is Paolo and what you see is what you get. He really doesn't help himself with his opinion that he is perfect and beyond criticism and as many have said its just a case of enjoying the wins and switching off when he opens his mouth!

I don't think it helps that the Advertiser (as with most of the print media) has become a little more sensationalist, whilst I don't think that Morshead necessarily sets out to trip him up, but you can just imagine he creams himself when he gets Paolo off and leads him to say ever more ridiculous stuff.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 13:24:22 »

I don't think it helps that the Advertiser (as with most of the print media) has become a little more sensationalist, whilst I don't think that Morshead necessarily sets out to trip him up, but you can just imagine he creams himself when he gets Paolo off and leads him to say ever more ridiculous stuff.
Certainly not the case this time:
When asked at his press conference prior to this weekend’s clash to Walsall about the possibility of new players being drafted in, he said: “I take advantage of your question because I also want to clarify something that went out.
In other words, he's deliberately gone out of his way to derail his own press conference with this. Like I've said before, Di Canio doesn't need "leading" or "goading" into saying ever more ridiculous stuff, he does it himself naturally
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 13:27:13 »

Although having won the majority of cups in european football does give you a little more leeway than winning the English 4th division.

I used Jose as a reference for how far seemingly obnoxious managers can get. He was an idiot before he won the trophies too wasn't he?

Agree with rest of what you said though.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 13:33:09 »

I used Jose as a reference for how far seemingly obnoxious managers can get. He was an idiot before he won the trophies too wasn't he?

Agree with rest of what you said though.
nobody had heard of Mourinho before he won the CL with Porto
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 13:40:54 »

nobody had heard of Mourinho before he won the CL with Porto
Porto fans had Smiley
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 09:56:02 »

PDC will be gone by Christmas. Either in a new job, sacked or resigned in a huff.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 10:07:45 »

PDC will be gone by Christmas. Either in a new job, sacked or resigned in a huff.

The thing is though can the board really justify sacking him? We're doing quite well at present and they have just put more cash in. Doubt any other teams will take a risk with PDC. They all know his media style for a bigger club it's a bigger risk.
Flashheart

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 10:11:57 »

They won't sack him while he is doing well.

Ardilles raised a good point about them possible being less forgiving if things start top go wrong but it would be nuts to sack any manager that is doing a good job
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 10:28:29 »

Ardilles raised a good point about them possible being less forgiving if things start top go wrong but it would be nuts to sack any manager that is doing a good job

Especially not one that has been one of our most successful managers in recent history.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 13:20:28 »

If they want to get rid, they won't need to. Just tweak the right buttons and he'll go apeshit and walk out.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 13:49:14 »

Especially not one that has been one of our most successful managers in recent history.

History will be the judge of that. At this point his record is slightly less impressive than Steve McMahon's.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DRS

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 13:51:04 »

seems a few of those buttons are being tweeked at the moment Paul
DRS

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 13:53:23 »

History will be the judge of that. At this point his record is slightly less impressive than Steve McMahon's.
Which means he is 'one' of our most successful managers of recent times then. No?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 14:02:00 »

Which means he is 'one' of our most successful managers of recent times then. No?
a manager who achieves a championship win, disposing of players as he goes and ultimately turning out to be unpopular...it could happen with Paolo.

shit, do i sound like Reg?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: