Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: "I'll do my job...you do yours"  (Read 9355 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 10:08:24 »

The continually praising himself whilst being critical of others is wearing thin now. Sticky ground to be in and will hold him back of he wants to manage at the top.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 10:14:21 »

The continually praising himself whilst being critical of others is wearing thin now. Sticky ground to be in and will hold him back of he wants to manage at the top.

That bloke Jose has done alright being similar though. It takes all sorts! Not saying he will make it to the top or not - probably does need to reign himself in a little. I'm still enjoying the ride though even if others aren't.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 10:17:42 »

My love for Di Canio is waning, but I do find some facets of his tenure enjoyable and exciting, as much as i find others irritating. His transfer record is fairly hit and miss, and has been rightly called out by a board eager to achieve some kind of value for money. He can react how he wants as long as he acquiesces to their requests (and they don't mind him mouthing off a bit).

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 10:20:20 »

That bloke Jose has done alright being similar though. It takes all sorts! Not saying he will make it  to the top or not - probably does need to reign himself in a little. I'm still enjoying the ride though even if others aren't.
I don't recall him being critical of his players and board. Correct me of I'm wrong
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 10:34:38 »

I don't recall him being critical of his players and board. Correct me of I'm wrong

Didn't say Paolo was the same, just implying he's controversial / extrovert / unorthodox etc. All of which Jose is too and he's done ok for himself. Not followed everything he's said through his career so no idea if he's been critical of the board or his players in the past.

Too be honest i don't really care too much what Paolo does once he leaves anyway, i'll still be supporting the town as no doubt we all will.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 10:39:54 »

No he's not, he's having a direct pop at the new Chairman, telling him to mind his own business. The headline's entirely justified.

"Unprofessional immature twat" might have been better. It's like having a teenage girl as manager - he'll be in his room right now, playing his CDs *really* loud and shouting at his Gary Barlow poster.

Another balanced, unbiased posting from pauld

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 10:58:35 »

Another balanced, unbiased posting from pauld
Paul's just saying what a lot of us are. di Canio needs to know when to shut the fuck up. The board are the ones that shell out the cash, they've got every right to criticise or question anything at the club. PdC's inability to accept the possibility he is ever in the wrong is becoming as tiresome as those blindly supporting him.

It's All Good..............
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:02:27 »

Until we're fighting relegation I don't give a fuck what Paolo says.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:09:14 »

Until we're fighting relegation I don't give a fuck what Paolo says.

Yep, similar to me - as long as we're doing well then I'm not really too fussed. In fact, I've just avoided reading the articles/listening to the interviews most of the time now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:17:39 »

In fairness to Di Canio, he has actually got a point (that the manager is employed to sort out the team and the board should largely stay out of it until it's time to sack him), it's the airing it in public (and the way that he does it) that's wrong. And, again to be fair, Patey started that, it's not for the Chairman to be questioning the manager's transfer policy in public either, unless he's looking to provoke a row. Maybe they should both have a code of conduct.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:23:23 »

Paolo needs to watch out because, in time, the Board will start to take the same view.  There will come a time when results take a turn for the worse.  And during that time, the support of the Board becomes important for a manager.  There may even be sections of the fanbase calling for the manager's head - and the Board will often take the view that they are going to give the Manager time to turn things around.

What these outbursts will do, almost inevitably, is reduce the Board's tolerance for poor results.  They will cut him less slack.  Instead of getting 8 games to sort things out, maybe he'll only get five.

Going back to 'I'll do my job...you do yours', I really wish that PDC would.  His 'job' does not entail mouthing off to the press every 5 mins.  We're bored of that now.  His job is to manage the team, build some team spirit, develop the players.  Leave the press talk to post match interviews and updates that actually have something to do with the playing side.  We're not interested in office politics.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:26:32 by Ardiles » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:24:39 »

Going back to 'I'll do my job...you do yours', I really wish that PDC would.  His 'job' does not entail mouthing off to the press every 5 mins.  We're bored of that now.  His job is to manage the team, build some team spirit, develop the players.  Leave the press talk to post match interviews updates that actually have something to do with the playing side.  We're not interested in office politics.
Extremely well put Ardiles (so was the rest of it as well btw, just this bit in particular struck a chord)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:26:14 »

Another defeat this weekend for Adkins at home to Swansea and the trapdoor will move ever closer for him ...
arkellsboi

« Reply #28 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:29:29 »

We all know what we get with di canio. He's the main attraction and knows he is bigger than the club.

Not for me, he isn't. I was supporting Swindon Town Football Club long before Di Canio arrived and I'll be supporting it long after he's gone.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:34:53 »

Not for me, he isn't. I was supporting Swindon Town Football Club long before Di Canio arrived and I'll be supporting it long after he's gone.

Likewise. The fact that results have improved and he's generally entertaining post match too is just an added bonus.

Not all the fans can be pissed off with him. There was plenty of chanting of his name at the Sheff Utd game....as has been discussed on other threads.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: