Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: "I'll do my job...you do yours"  (Read 9282 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:34:58 »

Extremely well put Ardiles (so was the rest of it as well btw, just this bit in particular struck a chord)

Thanks mate.

Not for me, he isn't. I was supporting Swindon Town Football Club long before Di Canio arrived and I'll be supporting it long after he's gone.

I agree, as would most, I think.

Problem with these outbursts is that they polarise opinion...which is unfortunate.  I'm irritated by PDC's press talk, but I'm still 100% behind him as the Manager.  I still think he represents the best chance we have of getting promotion back to the Championship this season or next.  I'm questioning his media style, that's all.  Which ultimately, is a fairly peripheral point.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:38:17 »

Problem with these outbursts is that they polarise opinion...which is unfortunate.  I'm irritated by PDC's press talk, but I'm still 100% behind him as the Manager.  I still think he represents the best chance we have of getting promotion back to the Championship this season or next.  I'm questioning his media style, that's all.  Which ultimately, is a fairly peripheral point.

Spot on as always Ardiles. What would we do without you. Argue all the time i expect.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:40:33 »

Spot on as always Ardiles. What would we do without you. Argue all the time i expect.

I like Ardiles ...... He is not a pompous git .... As I believe he was referred by Oxford_Fan not to long back.

Also ...... Anyone seen or heard of Pericarp recently?  I miss his stupidity.  I know he yapped about going to Uni, so he could be up to his neck in clunge I guess.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:46:11 »

he will never survive at a higher level and the vast majority of boards would not tolerate half of the shit he comes out with.

sooner he realises that, the better it will be for all of us.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:47:24 »

No we fucking wouldn't Smiley
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:05:48 »

I am just waiting for January when

a) We cant move players out because they are a little bit shit

b) SWP quite rightly tells PDC there is no more money left as he has fucking spent a years transfer budget in 5 months

There will be tears before bedtime I tell thee

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:19:18 »

Didn't say Paolo was the same, just implying he's controversial / extrovert / unorthodox etc. All of which Jose is too and he's done ok for himself. Not followed everything he's said through his career so no idea if he's been critical of the board or his players in the past.

Too be honest i don't really care too much what Paolo does once he leaves anyway, i'll still be supporting the town as no doubt we all will.
but their style of management appears to be totally different so no comparison imo. Mourinho doesn't slate players or board publicly. Top managers deal with stuff behind closed doors
« Last Edit: Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:24:18 by arriba » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:26:29 »

Not for me, he isn't. I was supporting Swindon Town Football Club long before Di Canio arrived and I'll be supporting it long after he's gone.

you and me both but the club has become a circus lately. Di Canio is the ringmaster and lets every fucker know it
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:32:48 »

Paolo Seems to have lived his whole football career on the edge so can't see things changing anytime soon. For every positive thing he says or does its normally followed by some sort of outburst or controversy.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:34:02 »

As has been said I couldn't really care less if the club is a circus or not as long as the results are coming.

I can see the board getting pissed off with Paolo before long though. They've already changed the chairman to stop him asking for money all the time and now they have invested a bit extra so he can get a few loans in and he goes and slags off the chairman.

It's hardly surprising our form has dipped since Wray left although that must partly be down to injuries. Maybe he is hoping another club may come in for him soon.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:36:17 »

[Reiterate well-worn views about Dux's ridiculous over-sensitivity of any sort of criticism of his godlike self while retaining all rights to criticise absolutely everyone.]

[/Reiterate well-worn views about Dux's ridiculous over-sensitivity of any sort of criticism of his godlike self while retaining all rights to criticise absolutely everyone.]

Cue huge argument with Flasheart.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
GlosRed

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:48:36 »

he will never survive at a higher level and the vast majority of boards would not tolerate half of the shit he comes out with.

sooner he realises that, the better it will be for all of us.

Are you referring to Ardiles, Pericarp or Di Canio? It was unclear given the the discussion prior to this.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:50:03 »

Are you referring to Ardiles, Pericarp or Di Canio? It was unclear given the the discussion prior to this.
specifically di Canio but I think the sentiment applies to all three
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 13:06:54 »

[Reiterate well-worn views about Dux's ridiculous over-sensitivity of any sort of criticism of his godlike self while retaining all rights to criticise absolutely everyone.]

[/Reiterate well-worn views about Dux's ridiculous over-sensitivity of any sort of criticism of his godlike self while retaining all rights to criticise absolutely everyone.]

Cue huge argument with Flasheart.  Wink

Yawn
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 13:08:50 »

I'm questioning his media style, that's all.  Which ultimately, is a fairly peripheral point.

Maybe to you personally, but I don't think it is necessarily peripheral. I'd speculate its also winding the new Chairman and investors up.

Will they ignore it indefinitely?
Will they manage to form a good working relationship.

Time will tell.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: