Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harford on Goals on Sunday  (Read 4307 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:02:53 »

Keith Scott wasnt past it!

He never had it in the first place! Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:05:08 »

I don't think Keith Scott, was past it, not saying he was great like but for 300K probably value for money......he scored a few and the following season him and JAF were a decent pairing.......Macari rated him enough to take him from us, then his first manager O'Neil took him to Norwich, before the boo boys drove O"Neil out, in what has probably proved to be the most stupid example of its kind.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:05:29 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Terry Gibson - They could not have found a more woefully inadequate replacement if they had tried :evil:

Think that' s a bit harsh....we only loaned him as a short term thing, it not being easy to replace the second flight's leading goalscorer with 8 games to go......Hoddle used some of the Shearer cash to buy John Moncur.

Oh and we never lost any of the 7 games that Gibson started.

I'm sorry Reg, but just thinking of that Shearer transfer well and truly harshes my mellow :x
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:08:37 »

Scotty probably doesn't deserve to be on the list. I was just feeling all harsh at the time Wink  He did get us our first ever Prem win v QPR and scored in what was oh so close to a famous victory at Anfield when we drew 2-2.  If we had held on to win there, I think I would have quite literally wet myself.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:10:56 »

I know the feeling, I got to the stage of dreading transfer deadline day, knowing that the Board would flog someone to save their own miserable skins......even if we were doing well.

I've quite enjoyed, the recent ones knowing that we don't have anyone worth selling.

Now that BigStan has mentioned  it I fully expect Parkin to be gone by Friday, Sheffield United or Sunderland would be my bet for 450K
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:19:11 »

Yes, I suppose the recent of seasons of tedium and ineptitude have had their upsides.

Maybe we'll re-sign Chris Hay as Sam's replacement?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:20:34 »

It'll be Graz.

I sometimes wonder what might have been if by some miracle we'd managed to stay in the Premiership, although looking at Oldham and Sheff Wed I'm not sure it'd matter really.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:22:24 »

I saw Gibson's one and only goal for Town-away v Millwall at the old den and yes,he WASshite!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:33:36 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Yes, I suppose the recent of seasons of tedium and ineptitude have had their upsides.

Maybe we'll re-sign Chris Hay as Sam's replacement?

He was the last player to score 30 league goals for us in his time before Parkin.........Isn't there a Parkin at Macclesfield or Rochdale who's banged a few in.....we should just sign him.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:37:38 »

Yep, Jon Parkin at the Macc lads.  He could have Sam's old shirt to save a bit of money. Would they be dumb enough to sell when going for promotion though?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:43:21 »

The shirt printers wouldn't need to learn a new word.....and we could sing Super Jonny Parkin......thelikes of  Parkin Ticket could keep their user name  and he could become the third Parkin to be voted PotY.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:57:34 »

Sorry Reg but I can't agree with you on King Kenny.  The bloke inherited an amazing Liverpool side, in a very average English league.  Then as soon as the team aged he struggled to replace key players.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 13:58:26 »

At Blackburn he had more money than Bill Gates and managed to win the league but did nothing, and I mean nothing in Europe.  
At Newcastle he was dreadful.  Dalglish has to be one of the most over rated managers in my life time.  He handles pressure worse than Keegan.  He's the man that brought Stephane Guivarc'h to these shores, that sums him up, more money than sense, useless
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 14:10:51 »

All I said was that if you win 2 titles with different clubs you can't be that shite...maybe not in the very top bracket.....but its a results business and they look good on the CV.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 14:22:19 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Sorry Reg but I can't agree with you on King Kenny.  The bloke inherited an amazing Liverpool side, in a very average English league.  Then as soon as the team aged he struggled to replace key players.

Thinking a bit more about this, didn't Dalglish bring in the likes of Barnes, Aldridge, Beardsley and Ray Houghton as replacements after he'd won the title in his first season....and then they went on to win several more up til he quit in around 92....he did 7 years there I reckon, which is quite a bit by normal standards.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: