Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harford on Goals on Sunday  (Read 4221 times)
BigStan

« on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 22:39:00 »

I'm amazed nobody's picked up on a throw away remark by Mick Harford when Kamara and/or McCaffrey asked him if Swindon could still make the playoffs.

One part of his reply was "If we can keep the squad together".

Now remember the question wasn't do you think you can make the playoffs next season but do you think you can STILL make the playoffs.

In the light of King's interview in the Adver about nobody being offered any more money than they're currently on it would appear that the coaching staff, at least, may be worried about a bit of a player exodus before Thursday's transfer deadline.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 23:43:16 »

Well....you've picked up on it.

Hadn't given it too much thought myself, but if someone wants Parkin, and meets the valuation then he'll be gone....this would mean a certain symmetry.. hat trick on debut, hat trick in final game.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:02:05 »

And he will follow in a long (well too long for my liking anyway) and illustrious  line of deadline day departures...

1995 - Jan Aage Fjortoft 1.3 million (Huh?Huh?Huh??)

1993 - David Kerslake - Hoddle himself said that it was that sale that started to make him think that he himself should be moving on.

1992 - Duncan Shearer - Words fail me.  THE worst piece of 'business' in the club's history.

I don't suppose we should be too surprised if Sam joins that list should we really?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:09:10 »

When Shearer left it felt like a dagger through the heart.  The way we capulated to Jack Walkers wallet made me sick.  It'd be like us selling Parkin to Bournemouth or Wednesday about a month ago.  Fucking disgraceful.
Amir

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:09:52 »

1995 - Jan Aage Fjortoft 1.3 million (Huh?Huh?Huh??)

I can remember listening on the radio in lessons thinking £2 million and a striker wouldn't be too bad.  Then we got that and Drysdale.  Cue a school full of scouse and manc wannabees taking the piss.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:12:03 »

A  couple of years later at a corporate, had a chance of a few words with Dalgleish, and asked about Shearer....he openly admitted that he didn't particularly want Dunc.....but realised it would be a good and cheap way of taking one team out of the PO equation......Blackburn finished 6th, STFC 8th 5 points adrift.

Dunc didn't feature in the PO's played 5 games and was moved on to Aberdeen.

Cambridge finished above us both though and they're on the way out of the league.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:45:28 »

Kenny Dalglish, what a shite fucking manager.  To be honest I can't believe Dunc left for them.  I lost a little bit of respect for him after that.  Especially when Terry Gibson was brought in to replace him.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:48:14 »

Terry Gibson - They could not have found a more woefully inadequate replacement if they had tried :evil:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:50:57 »

They could have promoted Shaun Close to the first team I suppose, that'd have been a similarly shit decision.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:51:39 »

Dalglish was so shite, that he won the League with Liverpool and Blackburn.....if the club makes it plain  they want you to go for financial benefit to the club and someone wants to pay you more, then you're hardly going to stick around.

Probably in the history of the game there has only been one such nob and that's Beauchamp.....who could have gone to Forest, for 800K and possibly kept O*frod out of the hands of Kassam and the inevitable decline that followed.
Piemonte

« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:52:19 »

We didnt bring in Terry Gibson to replace him did we? I thought we signed him when we ere in the premiership?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:57:22 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Terry Gibson - They could not have found a more woefully inadequate replacement if they had tried :evil:

Think that' s a bit harsh....we only loaned him as a short term thing, it not being easy to replace the second flight's leading goalscorer with 8 games to go......Hoddle used some of the Shearer cash to buy John Moncur.

Oh and we never lost any of the 7 games that Gibson started.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:58:47 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
We didnt bring in Terry Gibson to replace him did we? I thought we signed him when we ere in the premiership?

No dear boy, but here are some useless past it fuckers we DID sign in the Prem:

Lawrie Sanchez
Frank McAvennie
Brian Kilcline
Terry Fenwick
Keith Scott
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:59:28 »

Reg has spoken. I'll be wrong then.

I think I was getting him confused with the drug trafficing Frank Macavenie
sonicyouth

Ignore