Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rhain Davis  (Read 2745 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 07:27:49 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
There was that young British kid who was 10-11 back in the early nineties, who had all the skill in the world, and went to train with Ajax. Yet he didn't even make it into pro football.

Yeah, Sonny Pike - he used to be on T.V. all the time. Eventually became clinically fed-up.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 08:12:23 »

The 9 year old kid looks brilliant...until you realise he's playing against a bunch of Aussies  Cheesy

Nah he's a good player clearly, but like people have said he has to progress and not everybody does manage to
mattboyslim

« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 08:36:35 »

Crikey even Jermaine Pennant who's having a decent career hasn;t lived up to the hype, Darren Flethcer was the new Beckham, except socttish and Rubbish.  Too much pressure too young, let him sign up with a club play for fun and if at 15 or 16 he's good put him on YTS - the poor kid will end up a mess if he's given such star status at a young age.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 11:15:23 »

cherno samba was one as well wasnt, englands next best thing - look at him now  :-))(
Northern Red

« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 11:34:10 »

Mitchell Cole was a recent one - I saw him touted about on TV at the age of 8 or 9...

He's still non-league at 23 years old or something... talk about Arsenal having him at one point.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 11:34:56 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Quote from: "oxford_fan"
Quote from: "STFC dave"
Hes nine years old ffs
and your point is? he's still pretty good at footy for his age, do you not think?

Yes, but theres a lot of things that can go wrong between now and then, it stupid to be headhunting at such an early age.
if someone sends you a video of a lad much better than his peers, and your rivals will sign him if you don't, you may as well.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 20:39:44 »

he's just better than the crap he was playing against - happens all the time ! He's got good skill - you need to know his genetics though
love
Dr Mengele
aka Ron
Barry Scott

« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 20:51:09 »

More impressed by this kid.

Jean Carlos Chera, 12 yr old Brazilian wonderchild.

flammableBen

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, August 4, 2007, 02:53:49 »

I've been scared of hype over any young players, at any level, since I watched Alan Young play football.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: