Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Potential Striker signing(s)  (Read 12431 times)
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 09:10:06 »

I'm available, a bit (lot) of Ronaldoesque liposuction and I'll be as good as ready. I have a goal a game record at professional football grounds.

I'll await the phone call on August 31st.

Instead of the "Season Opener" it should be called "Bring your Boots Saturday!!"
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 09:26:08 »

Plan B in case new striker is not here by Saturday (can also be used if new striker arrives and is called Trundle):

When Town are kicking towards the goal in front of our supporters, if or when the ball gets near the penalty area everybody should suck really hard and vacuum the ball into the net. Can also be used defensively when the opposition are attacking, but please remember to blow in this situation.

With grateful acknowledgements to Coca Cola. 
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 13:19:47 »

I'd prefer it if the Guardian or whichever publication had us down for relegation fodder when the opposite became true.

A bit like the season Kamara said we'd go down from this division but we ended up doing pretty well.

Oh no! Bollocks! SkySports have predicted us a 7th place finish this year....

Expectations, rising....
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:21:59 by Arch Stanton » Logged
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:06:57 »

anyone we sign wont play saturday anyway will he. Dont care if its boring it is a fucking joke how this has ended up
I would rather wait for a decent player, than get one now who is about the same level as Blair Sturrock. Has he not signed for Plymuff yet btw?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:13:54 »

I would rather wait for a decent player, than get one now who is about the same level as Blair Sturrock. Has he not signed for Plymuff yet btw?

Agreed.

I think hes on trial currently at Torquay...so as close as he can get to Plymuff geographically.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:14:31 »

How long can you wait though before you accept you are not going to get somebody of the standard you were after and you have to make do?

It is ridiculous that no centre forward has signed yet, and i'm not sure now if expect those that do sign to be a massive let down after all this talk of waiting for the right players or if they will be genuinely worth the wait. I sort of think the former.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:26:20 »

From what I have heard from DW he is looking for strikers of the same calibre as the other signins we've made.
He appears to have one loan & a permanent lined up from a championship club & a premiership club. I assume the loan is from the premiership.
I also assume that those clubs will only be willing to release players of the right calibre if they have no injuries to worry about. I therefore deduce that the players are of sufficient quality to act as some sort of realistic cover for their current club. (eg. We wouldn't let the likes of Macklin go out on loan until we were sure that we wouldn't need him, but when we sign these two then we would probably consider it) (Same thing applys to Chump & Premiersh!te clubs)
Anyway, if we have the likes of Jimmy Davis, Simon Cox, Sam Parkin, etc  lined up, I would say its worth waiting for.
I also think that as our first game is away, playing one up front wouldn't be a total disaster any way. In fact we may well be playing that way this season away from home with the midfield backing them up.
So to sum up, no panic yet.

From the Dark Side
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:26:55 »

How long can you wait though before you accept you are not going to get somebody of the standard you were after and you have to make do?

It is ridiculous that no centre forward has signed yet, and i'm not sure now if expect those that do sign to be a massive let down after all this talk of waiting for the right players or if they will be genuinely worth the wait. I sort of think the former.

i'd rather not sign anyone than sign someone to shut the fans up and then sit on the wage bill doing fuck all.

Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:28:36 »

The season last a long time. Waiting for the right player is no problem, particularly if he only misses the opening away fixture. We also have a centre forward who can do a job. (BP)

From the Dark Side
Doore

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:29:19 »

i'd rather not sign anyone than sign someone to shut the fans up and then sit on the wage bill doing fuck all.

Seconded.  There is still time.
TheKid

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:30:24 »

thirded?..... we had that with Arrieta n the other shite that came in with him
glos_robin

« Reply #86 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:37:50 »

The season last a long time.
The season may last a long time but unfortunately the transfer window does not and that is my main concern. This isn't a dig as I'm sure we'll get some one but we don't have that much time left to get things sorted, 24 days and counting...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:50:32 »

I'd assume we have a list of targets. Is the deal taking time because of contractual (pay) issues or due to the transfer?

I seem to remember the Cox deal taking a bit longer than expected to iron out. I hope it is that sort of situation because if we're holding out for other reasons (money) then we're probably not going to get our man.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 14:53:06 »

I think hes on trial currently at Torquay...so as close as he can get to Plymuff geographically.

Well, if we're being pedantic then technically the closest he can geographically be to Plymouth is Plymouth Smiley
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 15:09:51 »

Things may start moving faster after this weekend, players that are not in the team for the first game may actually realise they need to get out on loan or get themselves a move elsewhere.

I must admit that I'm surprised at how slow things are moving, I expected at least 1 more striker in quite quickly with 2 more to follow before the end of Aug.

There's still other postions that DW wants to fill as well.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: