Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Kevin MacDonald positive on Swindon Town stay  (Read 18088 times)
kerry red

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:32:08 »

Cud be because nobody knows who the owner will be.

Jed surely can't spend a whole season getting ratted with the fans at away day pubs
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:32:51 »

to take over our misfiring misfits

We were pretty much top of the league you clown
kerry red

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:36:33 »

I was referring to them as they are now
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:38:12 »

In which case you weaken your own argument that he should be given time to mould his team, seeing how he's ballsed this one about.
kerry red

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:40:27 »

Been a tad unfortunate with injuries and the lack of signings and although I was happy for him to be flogged at half time yesterday, he really does deserve to show what he can, or cannot, do
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:45:02 »

This gets more bizarre by the day....when KMac came in we were told it ws on a 2.5 year contract. Lee Power likes Jimmy Quinn.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:51:54 »

I suspect this is why we've not had the answers to those questions yet..... they don't know the answers themselves yet.

Agree and I think some of the answers will differ now that we're going to be in League 1 than if we'd been in the Championship.

If KMac was on a short term contract, I wonder why it wasn't made public?  Where did the two and a half years come from?  It will be interesting to see what happens now, has he done enough to warrant a longer contract in the eyes of Jed and co?  Fundamentally if his remit was to get us promoted, then he's not met the objective.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:52:57 »

Am interested in seeing the sort of team he'd build next year and think he'll be good for the youth set-up if that's the way we're heading.

Definitely deserves a chance. Didn't think this would even be up for debate.

When a few drunken youths tried to start a chant about Macdonald not having a clue at 3-1 down yesterday it got the frosty reception it deserved.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:53:24 »

Anybody suspicious like me on Mr Coppell being at the Brentford games.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:56:35 »

Anybody suspicious like me on Mr Coppell being at the Brentford games.

Works for Crawley..probably hoping top get a bargain or 3 in our fire sale.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:59:43 »

Cud be because nobody knows who the owner will be.

Jed surely can't spend a whole season getting ratted with the fans at away day pubs

Was he drinking with fans yesterday?  Sorry if mentioned before, but I was at game and haven't trawled through the match day thread.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:02:24 »

Was he drinking with fans yesterday?  Sorry if mentioned before, but I was at game and haven't trawled through the match day thread.

Apparently so before the game and came in for some stick.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:02:34 »

Am interested in seeing the sort of team he'd build next year and think he'll be good for the youth set-up if that's the way we're heading.

Definitely deserves a chance. Didn't think this would even be up for debate.

When a few drunken youths tried to start a chant about Macdonald not having a clue at 3-1 down yesterday it got the frosty reception it deserved.

On what basis does he "definitley deserve a chance"? Would that be his 29% win ratio?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:11:27 »

It's difficult to judge him solely on the back of what's happened so far. Comparing him to di Canio is unfair,  as they haven't both operated with the same budget or constraints. He made some tactical mistakes, just like any new manager makes.
I'm happy to see what he does in the summer and how his team shapes up next season.

It's All Good..............
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:12:42 »

It's difficult to judge him solely on the back of what's happened so far. Comparing him to di Canio is unfair,  as they haven't both operated with the same budget or constraints. He made some tactical mistakes, just like any new manager makes.
I'm happy to see what he does in the summer and how his team shapes up next season.

Perfectly put.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: