Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: SWINDON TOWN: Patey wants a bidding war  (Read 17948 times)
News Monkey

« on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 07:00:07 »

SWINDON TOWN: Patey wants a bidding war

SWINDON chairman Sir William Patey wants to engage two potential new owners in a bidding war to ensure the club is sold for the best deal possible.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10172725.SWINDON_TOWN__Patey_wants_a_bidding_war/?ref=rss

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 07:51:41 »

Hmm, maybe its just me, not overly impressed with Patey in this article (if you take it at face value, though it could have been adver'd I suppose). Bidding war....biggest return....no more Martin or Hollands if a deal isn't done before loan expires...humph.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 07:57:04 »

Was thinking the same Batch. Then I read the some of the comments on thisis. More worryingly I found myself agreeing with some of them.

Patey made a comment in his radio interview the other day that some Swindon fans didn't think he was the right man for the job. I'm personally not sure myself. Depends what his "job" is really. If its to sell the club then maybe he is.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:05:08 »

One more thing - why has Black suddenly decided NOW is the time he wants out? Ok he's apparently been trying since the summer but we've still been spending money until the last week or so. Why sanction the signings of Ward, Hollands and Martin and then threaten to pull the plug completely. Just makes no sense to me.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:06:22 »

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:08:05 »

I started by not being terribly impressed by SWP, and things have gone downhill from there.  But to be fair (and I didn't realise this at the start of his tenure), his job is clearly to sell the club.  Once this has happened, SWP will be gone.  This Chairman may be more 'interim' than the last one - who paradoxically was properly titled 'Interim Chairman'.

We are not really meant to like SWP.  I just want him to get his job done now, as quickly as possible, and to ensure that the new owners have a realistic and viable plan for the club's future (that includes a ground redevelopment).  Get the sale completed, hand the club over, move on.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:10:22 »

Spot on Ardiles....good post.

corner

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:14:40 »

When Patey spoke to bbc wilts on his way to the dentist the other morning he didn't sound interested he just sounded like a complete twat.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:17:19 »

As I said, maybe its just me, or maybe the way the article is written, but it felt like a "get the most money and get the hell out of dodge" statement. When I wanted nothing but reassurance!

Not sure why he made those noises to the press. I'm all for transparency, sometimes..

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:44:29 by Batch » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:17:39 »

Stupid question time - Why exactly did Andrew Black buy the club in the first place? Don't get me wrong, I am truly, truly thankful he did, but what was ever in it for him? And what will he actually get out of it?

I'm sorry, but I can't quite grasp this.

I explained in an earlier post....men with money are like kids in a sweet shop at time.

Bit like buying those Haeibo,look nice and tasty but after a while they start to make you feel sick.

He probably realised that football wasn't quite as fun as he would have hoped.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:20:05 »

I explained in an earlier post....men with money are like kids in a sweet shop at time.

Bit like buying those Haeibo,look nice and tasty but after a while they start to make you feel sick.

He probably realised that football wasn't quite as fun as he would have hoped.
I kind of understand that - big boys toys and all that. I was just wondering if he had any actual, proper reasons. I guess not.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:27:38 »

None at all....just another thing to tuck into his portfolio.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:40:33 »

From a post I read on Twitter the other day Black with other investors is now starting some sort of law firm. Fingers in pies

Can't help wondering if there might be some Italians other than Paolo amongst the potential buyers
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:46:37 by stfcinbmth » Logged
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:45:04 »

Thats a shit name for a law firm, to be fair...

fatbasher

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 08:46:10 »

I started by not being terribly impressed by SWP, and things have gone downhill from there.  But to be fair (and I didn't realise this at the start of his tenure), his job is clearly to sell the club.  Once this has happened, SWP will be gone.  This Chairman may be more 'interim' than the last one - who paradoxically was properly titled 'Interim Chairman'.

We are not really meant to like SWP.  I just want him to get his job done now, as quickly as possible, and to ensure that the new owners have a realistic and viable plan for the club's future (that includes a ground redevelopment).  Get the sale completed, hand the club over, move on.

I think the clue WRT to SWP role v JW is that JW interim or otherwise did it for nothing where as SWP is on £60k. Plus a bonus depending on the deal structure. Don't ask me how I know the bonus bit, I'm in sales, trust me that is how it works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: