Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas  (Read 25703 times)
STFC Bart

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 18:59:38 »

Not convinced about him at all. Poor tactician, no charisma and does not seem to be able to get the best of out of players/attract players to the club.

How long should we give him?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:00:06 »

34 seconds

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:00:53 »

TBH it doesnt matter how long we give him, its how long Mr Fitton gives him, and he was Fittons choice so I would say that even with a long run of defeats Fitton will stick by his man.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:01:12 »

Not convinced about him at all. Poor tactician, no charisma and does not seem to be able to get the best of out of players/attract players to the club.

Don't be a cock all your life. The players don't give a toss. Malpas tried to shake things up at half time. MALPAS IN!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:01:59 »

FFS here we go. Give him at least 10 games. Remember last season? Everyone moaned after 3 or 4 defeats and then we won 3 of the last 4 and he was god's gift. Give him a break.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:03:33 »

yawn.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:03:56 »

the bloke is doomed for sure.too many dont like the bloke and are on his back already
the goat

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:12:18 »

shocking line up tatics etc easton not starting nalis awful timlin not much better
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:12:47 »

I would say that lose the next 4 or say 3 defeats and a draw at Hereford and he'll have to go.....6 defeats on the spin used to be the club's all time worst record, when King managed to crack it, when we went down.  Now that season it wasn't exactly a surprise what with a squad of loan players and lads from the Prem rejects trials.

When you get a run like that, the manager nearly always goes.

Happened to Sam Allen....5 in a row at the start of a season did for Bob Smith

That poor run did for King.

Some like Bas T*dd, just do a runner.

I'm thinkling that Ian Holloway might be worth a punt....

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:14:26 »

nalis and timlin were superb first day of the season.timlin was probably the worst player on the park today,but will improve.nalis did ok second half after a dire first.
i would like to see easton starting though
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:16:34 »

shocking line up tatics etc easton not starting nalis awful timlin not much better

Easton didnt do that great when he came on, still not match fit I dont think.

I'd still start him next week though! Even if he isnt match fit we should still be able to get a good hour out of him
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:18:59 »

I would say that lose the next 4 or say 3 defeats and a draw at Hereford and he'll have to go.....6 defeats on the spin used to be the club's all time worst record, when King managed to crack it, when we went down.  Now that season it wasn't exactly a surprise what with a squad of loan players and lads from the Prem rejects trials.

When you get a run like that, the manager nearly always goes.

Happened to Sam Allen....5 in a row at the start of a season did for Bob Smith

That poor run did for King.

Some like Bas T*dd, just do a runner.

I'm thinkling that Ian Holloway might be worth a punt....

Didn't we lose 6 in a row early on one season under King and still finsih 10th though?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:30:18 »

Didn't we lose 6 in a row early on one season under King and still finsih 10th though?

You're right ISOB...that after a good start Parkin hat trick....etc.

The 6th game in that sorry trot was v Cheltnumb in  the infamous debacle...what saved King's bacon was beating Northampton with a goal by Jonnny Jackson.

We then lost teh next 2 and again King was more or less doomed when we gave ColU a 2 goal lead, including the worst ever free kick concession, when the ColU player stubbed his toe on shooting the ball barely reached Bart Griemink, who let it through his legs, but there was insufficient pace for it to cross the line some fella, maybe Mcleish nipped in behind to tap it over the line.

We somehow salvaged a point through Eric Sabin  Cheesy and Gurney biundled in a corner.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:35:22 »

And King lived to fight another 3 years. I'm just putting the point across that maybe MM should be given a bit of time.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:39:59 »

the bloke is doomed for sure.too many dont like the bloke and are on his back already

It feels that way doesn't it, but if we get the results he will be OK. It's not fait accompli yet, it's in his own hands. It's just harder with constant sniping, especially this soon into the season.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: