Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wigan - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 59025 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:04:56 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

Lead story on the Beeb. Doesn't happen often, if ever.
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:08:46 »

Starting 3-4-3 against a premier league team just made Paolo my favourite person in the world!

Got a new kitten today  :gay: Named him Paolo Di Catio!
SirWinston

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:10:09 »

I read on the BBC site that this is the first time we've reached the 4th Round since 1996!!!

Fantastic day today and great to see the CG full.  Apart from their two young lads, I thought they were dire and we dicked all over them in the second half.  Couldn't give a shit if Benson was offside, we totally deserved the win.  I wasn't even slightly concerned that they would come back and equalise.

Either a plum away tie or another winnable home one in the next round please Mr FA.

Brilliant that there weren't any other really big upsets today, so we get all the focus.  Lovely Jubbly.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:10:59 »

Chuffed to bits with that today - the whole team put in a huge effort and deserved to win.

No problems with Kennedy getting MOM - he has come a long way defensively, and some of his crosses in the first half would surely have led to goals if Benson or Magera were on.

Special mention to Flint, Smith and Connell - hard to believe they were all playing non-league until recently.

anyone at home in the next round please, as there is no way I will make an away tie.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:11:13 »

Great win.
Great day,
I'll be going out now to celebrate my new found knighthood.

Cheers boys.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:11:25 »

Quite like Martinez, he did mention the goal being offside but wasn't, well, wasn't a Steve Evans about it

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_video/0,26719,11065_3472277,00.html
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:11:36 »

I would hazard a guess we may have created a little history today by turning over a team from 3 divisions up for the first time (and someone pls correct me if I'm wrong).

Macaris team beat Sheffield Wednesday in the 85/86 season though that was in the league cup.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:12:05 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

Lead story on the Beeb. Doesn't happen often, if ever.

[url width=900 height=591]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/RWDP1983/STFC.jpg[/url]

So this weekend let us enjoy the attention  Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:13:52 »

Starting 3-4-3 against a premier league team just made Paolo my favourite person in the world!

Got a new kitten today  :gay: Named him Paolo Di Catio!

3-4-3? are you sure?

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:14:37 »

It's a 4-3-3 that looks like a 4-4-2.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:16:09 »

it's a 442!

Things get better but they never get good
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:17:49 »

Wow! What a game! Certainly the best FA Cup game I've been to.

Also, one of the most assured town games I've seen for a long while.

In summary...

...The whole team to a man played superbly.

In the first half, we were caught out by the diagonal ball from Watson/Caldwell to their left wing. Caddis was left exposed too often and any joy they had came down the left. It's also testament to how well De Vita tracked back and how well Kennedy played.

We didn't close down intensively in the first half, but to be fair, when Caldwell and Watson had the ball in front of their own area they didn't hurt us apart from the diagonal ball.

The quality of our crosses and balls in to the box caused them constant concern - as did Connell's movement.

Murray struggled to get into the game and didn't seem to move into the space that Connell's movement and working of the channels created.

2nd half: great substitution. Benson chased, hassled an lead the line brilliantly. The whole team chased down much more often and we dominated th midfield for spells - with Ferry, Richie and Caddis combining superbly.

Margera isn't a pretty player, but I though he put himself about well and crucially gave us a good outlet for clearances whenever we got pegged back. I appreciate he won't get us many goals per season, but I though he did an important job well.

As ever, Flint and McCormack complement each other brilliantly. Kennedy was solid and even his distribution looked much better. Perhaps wasn't the best games for Murray, De Vita and Smith (although Smith got stuck in and was more effective in the 2nd half).

Wes, Kennedy, McCormack, Flint, Caddis, Richie, Ferry, Connell and Benson were all awesome.

Great to see a packed County Ground - hope the stay aways start coming regularly.

I can't remember ever being so proud to be a town fan!

Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:19:10 »

3-4-3? are you sure?

Was watching a foreign stream via a mates dodgy sattelite setup and thats the formation they showed. I drank a LOT during the game so cant say i remember seeing that formation but it definitley showed it pre kick off.
DRS

« Reply #448 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:22:27 »

Watched it the pub fucking top result but the picture kept going. Is there anywhere i can watch it again>
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 20:23:22 »

Watched it the pub fucking top result but the picture kept going. Is there anywhere i can watch it again>

Fuck about? What pub showed it?!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: