Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68763 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 18:40:03 »

I'd say the general mood, is that the optimists think we can get to mid table whereas the pessimists  think we'll be involved in a relegation battle....both camps would probably settle for 15th/16th.

The only personwho thinks we're going for promo...is McCrory, and I don't think anyone takes too much notice of what he says.

I have no idea how our season is going to pan out. It would take a miracle to get promotion with our budget but it does happen. Our budget is competitive enough for this division.

Jed was clearly just trying to put some positivity back into the season. Maybe a little naive to do so, but then again he is competing with hundreds of moaning fuckers.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 18:40:27 »

Like I said above, they're not really fans anyway. There are real fans who do go who are pissed off and have opinions that should count for something.....but I'd take any off the stay away excuse finders say with more than a pinch of salt.

I agree. I've had debates with people I disagreed with, but I could at least see why they were feeling negative!
china red

« Reply #332 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 00:40:54 »

I think we'll finish in the play offs this season.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 12:30:34 »

The more I think about it (and this could be my scepticism) is there any evidence to show Jedco have actually put any money in yet?

They basically got a debt free football club for free, with the downside being that there were large ongoing running costs which would need to be managed whilst the budget was reduced to an even balance sheet.

Now during the takeover we sold Matt Ritchie, the reason given was that Black would no longer be funding the ongoing running costs and we needed cold hard cash fast, we got it. I'm not sure how long this money was quoted as covered the running costs for? Maybe someone can help me with this?

Since then we've sold Flint which included a transfer fee and received money from Burnley for the sale of Charlie Austin which I understand Mr Fitton has also unfortunately taken a cut of as well.

The figures quoted that the wage bill needed to come down from £4.8m a year to £2.4m a year to be level I believe? The last meeting with the trust the club said after the players that have gone and replaced when the cheap Spurs loans we are still at about £2.8m a year so about £400k a year over budget still. Since then there's been Luke Rooney's departure and Paul Benson should complete a loan move to Luton, together that has to account for at least £200k a year assuming Crawley and Luton will be contributing at least £2k a week for each player, which must leave us still around £200k a year over budget.

Is it feasible to think that the sales of Ritchie, Flint and the money from Austin has covered if not all, the majority of the ongoing running costs so far whilst the budget has been reduced and Jed and his mates haven't had to fund anything just yet? Sensible opinions please.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #334 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 12:39:34 »

Is it feasible to think that the sales of Ritchie, Flint and the money from Austin has covered if not all, the majority of the ongoing running costs so far whilst the budget has been reduced and Jed and his mates haven't had to fund anything just yet? Sensible opinions please.

It could well be the case. Murrall stated at the business plan presentation that funds were in place to cover the shortfall, so it may be that Lee Power needs to dip into his pocket less. Certainly not a bad thing, if we're going to be sustainable then it has to be done true to meaning.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 12:52:36 »

Power had to put in 1.2 million didn't he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 12:59:00 »

Power had to put in 1.2 million didn't he?

My understanding is they had to show The Football League that that they had £1.2m in a holding account 'just in case' before The Football League would approve the takeover, which is one of the reasons it took so long.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 13:00:36 »

My understanding is they had to show The Football League that that they had £1.2m in a holding account 'just in case' before The Football League would approve the takeover, which is one of the reasons it took so long.

More like a deposit rather than money for use...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 13:03:57 »

More like a deposit rather than money for use...

Yep, which may have been used and may not. We have no idea on the exact in and outs so I would suggest it's impossible to say whether any money has been put in or not (without the company accounts). The only thing we do know is that if it has it's unlikely to be millions seeing as the board have as good as admitted as much anyway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 13:13:17 »

Yep, which may have been used and may not. We have no idea on the exact in and outs so I would suggest it's impossible to say whether any money has been put in or not (without the company accounts). The only thing we do know is that if it has it's unlikely to be millions seeing as the board have as good as admitted as much anyway.

Even so, I don't suppose too many of us could find £1.2 mill, kicking around that we could out into an account as a guarantee. An interesting snippet from this weeks Cooper debaclecision, was him saying he was meeting with "the chairman and the owners" could it be there's someone as well as Power in the background still?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 13:16:22 »

The more I think about it (and this could be my scepticism) is there any evidence to show Jedco have actually put any money in yet?
Other than seeing the accounts, what evidence could there be?

Regardless, if the owners aren't having to put money into the club then that's a good sign as far as I'm concerned as it means the club is living within it's means and sustainability is viable.
Flashheart

« Reply #341 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 13:22:06 »

Even so, I don't suppose too many of us could find £1.2 mill, kicking around that we could out into an account as a guarantee. An interesting snippet from this weeks Cooper debaclecision, was him saying he was meeting with "the chairman and the owners" could it be there's someone as well as Power in the background still?

There has been a lot said about potential investors pulling out around the time of the takeover, more or less leaving Jed et al in the lurch. I have a hunch that with the Di Canio case out of the way and with the outgoings now resembling some more reasonable, said parties may have been encouraged to get involved again. When they pulled out originally they  may have said something along the lines of 'we're not getting involved in this mess, get back to us once you've fixed it.

That's just a hunch based upon nothing though , I'm no Chang.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 13:23:43 »

Other than seeing the accounts, what evidence could there be?

Regardless, if the owners aren't having to put money into the club then that's a good sign as far as I'm concerned as it means the club is living within it's means and sustainability is viable.

I think the analysis, is about countering the argument, that the club was about to go to the wall, with massive debts. For sure a bit of work needed and still does on wage bill reduction...but nothing too drastic, not a Pompey or Coventry for example.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 14:01:12 »

So thinking further, based on my theory that I have that due to those figures Jed and Power haven't had to dip their hand in their pocket just yet, I question why they're here? The rest of the overspend could possibly be sorted if we can get a fee for Caddis and shift one or maybe two more.

Now I don't think they're going to asset strip us and run for the hills like some do, but I think the game plan is to take over the club, cut the budget to make is self sustainable but sell as much as possible to cover this so only little money is required out of their own pockets if any, then maybe sell. It would be realistic to think a debt free self sustainable club in either League One or League Two would go for maybe a million or two....but problem is where are we left then?

In the mean time of course he gets a shiny merc, allowed to get beered up for free at football and generally have the spotlight on him playing Jack the lad which he seems to like. Let's be honest it's hardly the worst thing in the world and at most sets of football fans wouldn't have bat an eye lid, but most football fans don't scrutinise their owners quite like ours.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #344 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 14:36:22 »

Jed has said that Power has put money in
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: