Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68777 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:31:24 »

I can list what I can see the main good points are.

Saving the club from Administration/Liquidation.
Weathering the fallout from the shit storm that was happening when AB effectively quit. ( When you are fire fighting the first thing that fails is communication) Even though it's the most important.

This is the main thing people tend to go back to when talking about Jed and as I said the one thing I am grateful for is that it wasn't something potentially worse, like admin and the wrath of the football league who may or may not have treated us extra harshly given our history and the fact that we're Swindon.

But some sections of Town's support act as though Jed is some shining white knight who's dome something remarkable by taking over STFC, for which we should be eternally in his debt for.

Jedco took over a debt free football club for free albeit with ongoing running cots which would cost something down the line whilst costs were cut. That is a million miles from the picture people paint of this doomed sinking ship that was seconds away from extinction when they talk about the takeover. It's just not reality. Despite having his own faults and being far from perfect, that's more accurate of what happened when Fitton's consortium took over.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:33:14 »

I think the best thing that we could do as fans is support the trust to ensure they are pushing the club to be as transparent as possible in order to reassure us, the fans.

Agreed, scrutiny of those in charge should always be our defence mechanism even when things appear to be good. We unfortunately let our guard down a little while times were good and it has cost us somewhat. Hopefully never again.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:47:14 »

Has mark cooper got us promoted yet??

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:53:50 »

People who use the ignore button have superiority complexes. Certain people on here think others are beneath them. That's how it looks anyway. Others far too touchy and sensitive.
Why it's a us vs them thing on here I don't know? Just post your opinion and back it up if it's challenged regardless of what anyone says or how the label you.
I respect people who have a view and stick to it over those who either follow the crowd, change their views by the day or think the popular opinion is the only one worth airing.

Does the forum want new people to get involved or do people want to stick to the perceived (by some) clique where you have to trace your roots back to TUMDFC to have any credibility?

I got labelled a newbie by Flashheart earlier when I've been on here for a year and was reading as a guest for a year before that.

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:03:51 »

Does the forum want new people to get involved or do people want to stick to the perceived (by some) clique where you have to trace your roots back to TUMDFC to have any credibility?

I got labelled a newbie by Flashheart earlier when I've been on here for a year and was reading as a guest for a year before that.
my dislike of cliques is well known on here. Some people like it that way. New and infrequent posters usually get a hard time on here for a bit.
Just say what you want I say.
Flashheart

« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:05:09 »

No you know I was responding to you saying somebody was 'in a coma' for expressing their thoughts on the forum, somebody that just happens to be around for some time.

If you are going to give it out then you had better be prepared to take some as well.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:10:58 »

No you know I was responding to you saying somebody was 'in a coma' for expressing their thoughts on the forum, somebody that just happens to be around for some time.

If you are going to give it out then you had better be prepared to take some as well.

Fair point - agreed. What I meant by that was football fans complaining about their club has happened for as long as I remember and I doubt it will change. (Some Man U fans used to regularly complain about Ferguson's tactics in Europe for example).  I do agree that moaning for moaning's sake is pointless but where's the line between a happy clapper and a doom merchant? Was the first person to raise concerns about Diamandis labelled as negative?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:10:58 »

Up until very recently I have always been quite positive. Always tried to look at the glass half full whereas STFC are concerned because the fact is it takes up a large chunk of my social life....so I really don't fancy being a miserable cunt all of the time, but you have to say what  you see and if things seem to be going overwhelmingly negatively in my opinion, I'm not going to sugar coat it and pretend it's something else.

Jedco have been in charge since February, that's 7 months some of which was off season. Initially when they took over I was grateful that someone had and the club wasn't going to be heading for administration. The season ticket offer from the club allowing for instalments without interest was also a big positive for me and I was generally feeling quite good about the new lot, pending some decent communication about who they were, etc.

Now fast forward about 6 months, what's changed? Let me rationalise...

Initial communication was dire, we had no clarification on who owned the club and in what share, etc. We also had little back ground on the people involved. Since then board members have changed like the weather, coming in and out like a cheap whore house and have been seen fighting in the executive lounge (eye witnesses, close friends)

Our chairman, the man in charge of this circus who should be the most professional of the lot, makes an arse of himself on twitter on a regular basis and can barely spell to a primary school standard. I'm no grammar expert and I'm far from perfect with my English, but I'd like the man in charge of STFC to know the difference between your and you're.

The bloke makes me cringe every time he opens his mouth. He has arguments with fans over twitter and regularly sends direct messages to those who disagree with him and try to win them over with free tickets on occasions.

Jed also came with a reputation from his days at Banbury of broken promises and trying to win back fans by buying them pints. So far he's managed to upkeep this reputation by entering jack the lad mode in local pubs, attempting to converse with young known hooligans about their recent exploits and boasting to know the EDL when people comment on him being from Luton.

Then there's a string of baffling PR own-goals including a bizarre situation with the adver putting Sam on the naughty step for a period, the shambles of the concerts which I appreciate they may not have been directly responsible for and weird statements about negative fans being responsible for turning sponsors off.

The guy is a complete buffoon and loses my confidence more and more every time he talks, a stark contract to the well spoken and professional Nick Watkins who was the previous mouth piece for the club.

Then the club has the issue surrounding having a tax dodger operating new signings from Switzerland year round, who many people believe are picking the signings given we were signing players with no permanent manager.

Then there's an issue we have signed a complete lunatic as our star striker who has been released from his previous club for being a loon. Someone who poses for photos with guns on twitter, spells out his name with £50 notes, tattoos his own name on his forehead and is just generally a complete tool. Add to that he is currently pending a rape charge.

Then there's rife rumours that Mark Cooper is our new manager, finally ended by weeks of confusion and announced after the worst possible time it seems.

Everyone knows that there are some right cunts who follow Swindon who even at the best possible moments seem to be negative about everything, but isn't it possible for those of you who are still of a quite positive opinion to see that there are a fair amount of perfectly normal rational fans leaning to the negative side at the moment for what they feel is good reason? Can a good proportion of you please stop insulting posters when they post an opinion that's not entirely glowing with praise? Equally this 'happy clapper' name calling bull shit needs to stop as well.

I appreciate that others may see things different to me which is why I avoid these petty insults....plus I'd much rather be feeling positive about the people in charge of our club right now, it's a life as a fan that is much easier to enjoy and I wouldn't be so worried for a start. Unfortunately I just can't be of that mind frame at this moment in time based on a combination of the facts in addition to the noises coming out the club and things I get told which whilst admittedly may be shot down as hear'say/rumour, they've come from people I trust.

http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/Village-Hats-Orange-Fez-with-White-Tassel-P193307/
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:23:33 »

I better go for XL
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:28:34 »

I respect people who have a view and stick to it.
Surely changing your opinion on something is normal? At the moment I think the positives outweigh the many negatives at the club. If I found out that the board were raping the club and trousering loads of cash, my opinion would no doubt change.
I've got as much time for slavish devotion to Jed & co as I have for the people who constantly highlight the shortcomings of the new lot, without acknowledging any positives at all and use any and every thread to let the rest of us know.
Neither of the above leads to much debate, just repetition.

It's All Good..............
kerry red

« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:44:47 »

I honestly cant see whoever the Board is comprised of can impinge on people's enjoyment of the actual game.

Yes, Jed may well be a blundering buffoon and Power thinks of himself as some sort of footballing overlord, but it's what happens on the pitch that I'm interested in.

I pay my £25 to be entertained and, if possible, to win a game or 2.

If the owners want to play Billy Big Bollocks I really don't give a shit.

If, further down the line, it becomes obvious they don't have the welfare of the club at heart, I will change my mind on them.

Until then I will support my club - come what may

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:48:05 »

Surely changing your opinion on something is normal?
of course. I should have been clearer as I meant sticking to a view despite it not being popular - getting stick for it etc.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:49:07 »

I honestly cant see whoever the Board is comprised of can impinge on people's enjoyment of the actual game.

Yes, Jed may well be a blundering buffoon and Power thinks of himself as some sort of footballing overlord, but it's what happens on the pitch that I'm interested in.

I pay my £25 to be entertained and, if possible, to win a game or 2.

If the owners want to play Billy Big Bollocks I really don't give a shit.

If, further down the line, it becomes obvious they don't have the welfare of the club at heart, I will change my mind on them.

Until then I will support my club - come what may

As will I and as will many who have been moaning and stating negative opinions about Jedco. There are some real tossers out there who will stay away, but we know most of those people would always find an excuse anyway. They're the "i'll come back when McMahon/Hunt/Hart/Malpas/Diamandis/Curley the teaman/delete as appropriate leaves" brigade.

For the most part it won't stop the people feeling shit about the board from turning up and backing the team.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:54:43 »

I'm not particularly fond of Jed to be honest, I think he's a bit of a tool... But he's trying and I find it hard to hate anyone who is doing their best. I feel obliged to defend him & the board due to the fact that some of the abuse they've received is relentless & unfair and it really bugs me when abuse is unwarranted. I'm all for everyone having an opinion, but when that opinion is negatively focused based on absolutely nothing, or something someone's made up, I find it hard to respect it. People speak absolute bullshit and then hide behind the standard "I'm allowed my opinion!". Most of the time it isn't even their own opinion anyway.

At the end of the day I just want to support my team and I want my team to do well. It bugs me that fans seem to look for excuses to not go, it's akin to a child throwing his toys out of his pram because he isn't getting his own way. Most of it is down to reasons that aren't even true, and it has a negative impact on the club they claim to support. I can't respect people like that.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:56:51 »

I'm not particularly fond of Jed to be honest, I think he's a bit of a tool... But he's trying and I find it hard to hate anyone who is doing their best. I feel obliged to defend him & the board due to the fact that some of the abuse they've received is relentless & unfair and it really bugs me when abuse is unwarranted. I'm all for everyone having an opinion, but when that opinion is negatively focused based on absolutely nothing, or something someone's made up, I find it hard to respect it. People speak absolute bullshit and then hide behind the standard "I'm allowed my opinion!". Most of the time it isn't even their own opinion anyway.

At the end of the day I just want to support my team and I want my team to do well. It bugs me that fans seem to look for excuses to not go, it's akin to a child throwing his toys out of his pram because he isn't getting his own way. Most of it is down to reasons that aren't even true, and it has a negative impact on the club they claim to support. I can't respect people like that.

Sums up pretty much where I stand as well.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: