Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68755 times)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 07:12:23 »

From the brink of having no football club to one which is still going and now trying to employ a self-sustainable model to ensure the club isn't financially fucked when Jed & co sell up in a few years

Sounds fair enough when put like that.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 07:36:51 »

Don't fucking read it then or fuck off somewhere else

Chalkies shorts is the first person I have ignored on here, and there have been some wankers previously!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 07:46:50 »

I really admire the positivity shown from some on here. Not that it matters as I rarely go to Town these days, but I don't share that view. Simon Jordan style chairman, together with a very inexperienced board, inexperienced team and going from PDC to Mark Cooper in just over 6 months, I'm struggling for reasons to be cheerful with Town.

The PDC era has spoiled us somewhat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:02:11 »

Is there any need for Power, Shah and Jed to be in the picture at all? It looks like 3 randoms who have won a 'get your photo taken with the manager' competition.

I realise MC is just a puppet but surely just a photo of him holding the scarf aloft would have sufficed?

As you say he's a puppet so he needs Jed there next to him to operate his arms.  Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:03:16 »

Probably the most meaningless managerial appointment I can remember at STFC. Power's patsy. I'd also like to know the foreign investors Jed had got lined up - more bullshit. 

From your user name you must be some age to have seen chalkie play so I cannot believe you are forgetting some of our other managerial appointments, Iffy, Hart, Malpas, Quinn?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:04:42 »

Appointment makes sense to me at this stage of proceedings. I don't get all the negative crap, no one knows how it will pan out. At worst, at least it cant be as bad as MM or Hart were. He needs time and support, which I'll give for sure.

You should know by now that they're are a high number of people who think they can see into the future on here though Sutton. Good to have you back here mate (in a completely non gay way of course).

From the brink of having no football club to one which is still going and now trying to employ a self-sustainable model to ensure the club isn't financially fucked when Jed & co sell up in a few years

If they manage to pull this off then they will deserve massive credit especially based on where we were when Black pulled the plug mid season. They'll never get that credit from some I expect. People need to have some patience and see what pans out.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:12:43 »

Chalkies shorts is the first person I have ignored on here, and there have been some wankers previously!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:15:29 »

I used to like chalkie's posts in the main, but recently he's become a broken record, needs a chill pill and a few beers imo. Stressing over football does no one any good in the long run.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:16:32 »

You should know by now that they're are a high number of people who think they can see into the future on here though Sutton. Good to have you back here mate (in a completely non gay way of course).

If they manage to pull this off then they will deserve massive credit especially based on where we were when Black pulled the plug mid season. They'll never get that credit from some I expect. People need to have some patience and see what pans out.

A lot of our fan base have already written them off, that isn't going to change.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating as many fat bastards will tell you. Maybe I am being overly positive in giving the board a chance and its all going to go tits up but at the moment, I am going to try and enjoy supporting my football team on the pitch and give the board a bit of a break off of it. I think having Mcrory as Chairman was a bit of a mistake, he's not football chairman 'material' and I think that is really turning a lot of people off the football club at the moment.

Dunno if this makes me a happy clapper or not.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:18:36 »

I used to like chalkie's posts in the main, but recently he's become a broken record, needs a chill pill and a few beers imo. Stressing over football does no one any good in the long run.

I agree actually. I too thought he was a good poster and his match reports are a really good read, but the anti-board thing has just become tiresome. However each to their own and that is what the ignore function is for I suppose.

Flashheart

« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:25:03 »

Ditto
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:28:29 »

Christ, you're fucking quick to have a go at people aren't you?!

The point being that Fred's and I agree that we would be happy with mid-table mediocrity this season (I'm basing this on unproven manager, inexperienced squad, the performances I have so far witnessed, the reports I have read. If you're Jiminterested, which I doubt, I actually enjoyed and was encouraged by what I saw against Torquay and Stevenage).

Fred mentioned maturing - presumably meaning that the players and manager have the potential to develop and improve together. My observation regarding this iùs that even if this is the case this season, it is unlikely to bear fruit the following season as successful loanees are unlikely to stay for another season. If that is the case, and the same recruiting process is followed as per this pre-season, a new batch of loanees will join and Cooper will have to mould them into a team, hence the prospect of another season of mediocrity rather than progress. Hardly negativity on a dose of steroids. And why introduce 'crap' into it. Not a word I used.

Or maybe we're only going to use this model for one season as a way of bottoming out on the wage front. Come the end of the season all our higher paid players will either have moved on already or will be out of contract.  This will give us the opportunity to properly start from scratch.

This season the loanees will be next to no cost and they have given us numbers we desperately need at the moment.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:37:02 by Kinky Tom » Logged
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:39:11 »

Maybe maybe maybe ........

The one thing I do know is that ..... Cooper needs a minimum of 4 points from the next 2 home games as September looks pretty horrendous!

I also want you all to stop bullying Chalkie .... It's mean!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:41:50 »

Chalkie always talks a lot of sense in my opinion..

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:45:37 »

Chalkie always talks a lot of sense in my opinion..
What you mean is his views are similar to yours. That doesn't necessarily mean either of you talk sense.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: