Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 69493 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 21:19:51 »

What a dream team that is.

They're holding the scarf as if they nicked it off a plague victim found under a bush in the County Ground Hotel garden.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 21:29:37 »

Mid table mediocrity will do just fine for me this season

Let them all mature together

Same here. But with all the loanees, the matured talent will probably head off elsewhere and the recruitment process will begin again next pre-season and probably leading to another season of mediocrity.
Flashheart

« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 21:38:12 »

Same here. But with all the loanees, the matured talent will probably head off elsewhere and the recruitment process will begin again next pre-season and probably leading to another season of mediocrity.

You're predicting that the 2013/14 season will be mediocre/crap when we are 4 games in to the current season?

Jesus fucking wept. That's negativity on an overdose of steroids.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 21:52:40 »

What a dream team that is.

Is there any need for Power, Shah and Jed to be in the picture at all? It looks like 3 randoms who have won a 'get your photo taken with the manager' competition.

I realise MC is just a puppet but surely just a photo of him holding the scarf aloft would have sufficed?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 21:57:43 »

You're predicting that the 2013/14 season will be mediocre/crap when we are 4 games in to the current season?

The main point is a valid one though.

All well and good saying let them develop and consolidate in midtable, but what happens when 4 regulars (and I expect at least 2 of them will prove key players, arguably ML already is) return to Spurs and are pinched by other clubs (championship) the season after? Which, if they are any good, is likely to happen.

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 22:13:07 »

Christ, you're fucking quick to have a go at people aren't you?!

The point being that Fred's and I agree that we would be happy with mid-table mediocrity this season (I'm basing this on unproven manager, inexperienced squad, the performances I have so far witnessed, the reports I have read. If you're interested, which I doubt, I actually enjoyed and was encouraged by what I saw against Torquay and Stevenage).

Fred mentioned maturing - presumably meaning that the players and manager have the potential to develop and improve together. My observation regarding this is that even if this is the case this season, it is unlikely to bear fruit the following season as successful loanees are unlikely to stay for another season. If that is the case, and the same recruiting process is followed as per this pre-season, a new batch of loanees will join and Cooper will have to mould them into a team, hence the prospect of another season of mediocrity rather than progress. Hardly negativity on a dose of steroids. And why introduce 'crap' into it. Not a word I used.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 22:21:35 »

Probably the most meaningless managerial appointment I can remember at STFC. Power's patsy. I'd also like to know the foreign investors Jed had got lined up - more bullshit. 
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 22:25:57 »

Christ, you're fucking quick to have a go at people aren't you?!

The point being that Fred's and I agree that we would be happy with mid-table mediocrity this season (I'm basing this on unproven manager, inexperienced squad, the performances I have so far witnessed, the reports I have read. If you're interested, which I doubt, I actually enjoyed and was encouraged by what I saw against Torquay and Stevenage).

Fred mentioned maturing - presumably meaning that the players and manager have the potential to develop and improve together. My observation regarding this is that even if this is the case this season, it is unlikely to bear fruit the following season as successful loanees are unlikely to stay for another season. If that is the case, and the same recruiting process is followed as per this pre-season, a new batch of loanees will join and Cooper will have to mould them into a team, hence the prospect of another season of mediocrity rather than progress. Hardly negativity on a dose of steroids. And why introduce 'crap' into it. Not a word I used.

Valid point
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 22:26:48 »

Probably the most meaningless managerial appointment I can remember at STFC. Power's patsy. I'd also like to know the foreign investors Jed had got lined up - more bullshit. 

Don't fucking read it then or fuck off somewhere else
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 22:27:42 »

2013/14 is the current season.
Flashheart

« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 22:29:41 »

2013/14 is the current season.

Doh!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 22:43:15 »

Appointment makes sense to me at this stage of proceedings. I don't get all the negative crap, no one knows how it will pan out. At worst, at least it cant be as bad as MM or Hart were. He needs time and support, which I'll give for sure.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 23:00:16 »

I don't think Leftside was being overly negative. I think his point is the biggest question mark still hanging over the new set-up.

The obvious problem with our current approach is: if we're not setting down foundations to build upon something better for next year, and we're not getting enough short-term benefits from the loanees' to challenge for promotion this year, then what exactly are we getting? What is the end goal in sight at the end of all this?

If the loanees' leave at the end of each season, just when they might have gained enough experience to offer us something more for the next season, then we're likely to get stuck in a self-perpetuating cycle, with none of the financial benefits that blooding our own young players to potentially be sold on would provide.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 05:25:21 »

I really admire the positivity shown from some on here. Not that it matters as I rarely go to Town these days, but I don't share that view. Simon Jordan style chairman, together with a very inexperienced board, inexperienced team and going from PDC to Mark Cooper in just over 6 months, I'm struggling for reasons to be cheerful with Town.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 05:31:09 »

From the brink of having no football club to one which is still going and now trying to employ a self-sustainable model to ensure the club isn't financially fucked when Jed & co sell up in a few years

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: