Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68783 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:23:14 »

Enough warning signs for everyone?Huh?

Yeah. What we need is a manager with a proven track record wherever he's been and who's banging the door down to take over here with a reduced budget.

I'm surprised we've been able to move around the County Ground these last few weeks. The number of candidates must be endless.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:24:18 »

I would say Cooper is our least credible appointment since Ken Beamish, took us to our lowest ever position in 83/84...it was similar insofar as he was around and cheap....Beamish had been brought in by John Trollope as a veteran striker with a decent lower league record, in order to do a bit of coaching as well as play the odd game, because we had a young inexperienced team.

The difference being Beamish could recruit his own players, and he did pick up Dave Hockaday, Garry Nelson and returned Alan Mayes to goalscoring ways.

I fully expect Darren Ward to be at the helm before the season is out....
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:29:55 »

Yeah. What we need is a manager with a proven track record wherever he's been and who's banging the door down to take over here with a reduced budget.

I'm surprised we've been able to move around the County Ground these last few weeks. The number of candidates must be endless.

They had a shortlist of 10 candidates on July 25th

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/10569663.McCrory_wants_new_boss_before_season_start/
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:31:06 »

I would say Cooper is our least credible appointment since Ken Beamish, took us to our lowest ever position in 83/84...it was similar insofar as he was around and cheap....Beamish had been brought in by John Trollope as a veteran striker with a decent lower league record, in order to do a bit of coaching as well as play the odd game, because we had a young inexperienced team.

The difference being Beamish could recruit his own players, and he did pick up Dave Hockaday, Garry Nelson and returned Alan Mayes to goalscoring ways.

I fully expect Darren Ward to be at the helm before the season is out....

Please define a credible manager as we have had many with no experience which would suggest they were less credible that Cooper. Iffy wasn't dripping with experience fopr instance but I assume as he had a link together and was not linked to the devil McCrory he is deemed acceptable?

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:32:41 »

All with proven track records and who you wouldn't be be able to find any negative quotes about too, no doubt.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:34:31 »

That is possibly more than you could shake a stick at!
kerry red

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:35:35 »

It's fair game to take pot shots at Cooper and Jed et al WHEN AND IF things go tits up on the pitch.

Until that happens people should get on with supporting their club.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:35:50 »

All with proven track records and who you wouldn't be be able to find any negative quotes about too, no doubt.

Not as many as Cooper
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:37:06 »

Please define a credible manager as we have had many with no experience which would suggest they were less credible that Cooper. Iffy wasn't dripping with experience fopr instance but I assume as he had a link together and was not linked to the devil McCrory he is deemed acceptable?

Add Jimmy Quinn to that as well
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:37:44 »

Not as many as Cooper

Th main quote you've posted is from the Darlington chairman. Is that the same bloke who took them to the wall?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:40:35 »

It's fair game to take pot shots at Cooper and Jed et al WHEN AND IF things go tits up on the pitch.

Until that happens people should get on with supporting their club.

As DRS was eluding to yesterday unfortunately there are probably some who will want Cooper to fail so they can say "I told you so".  I assume these are the same people who frequent the CG and seem to get more enjoyable out of poor performances so they can shout and vent their anger.
kerry red

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:42:38 »

Unfortunately, you are right there.

Fucked if I'd pay £25 just so I could moan and groan for 90 minutes wishing my team to lose.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:43:07 »

As DRS was eluding to yesterday unfortunately there are probably some who will want Cooper to fail so they can say "I told you so".  I assume these are the same people who frequent the CG and seem to get more enjoyable out of poor performances so they can shout and vent their anger.

These people are irritating. Where I sit in the DRS there are some right ball sacks who are going to just shout 'sort it out Cooper' from kick off on Saturday unless we are 5-0 up within 10 minutes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:47:36 »

Th main quote you've posted is from the Darlington chairman. Is that the same bloke who took them to the wall?

No that was George Reynolds.

I quoted the bloke who saved them in 2009.

You can take a turn now - Tell us all why you are happy with Cooper being appointed as manager of our football club.
Go!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:48:14 »

Iffy was credible insofar as he had been coaching the youth team, was a youngish popular ex player who was perceived as a bright and engaging personality....given our low ebb at the time having just lost 6 in a row, it wasn't exactly a dream job, and Iffy nearly but not quite turned it around.

I was quite happy with KMac...if we are to have the kids and passing football philosophy, then he had a credible CV for that. Cooper he picked up as a cheap and cheerful credible cone carrier, again no problem with that.

KMac was appointed pre Power...and I've yet to see anything to contradict the notion that he quit because of Power's influence on decision making...likewise I've yet to see anything in Copper's CV that he has any meaningful experience of coaching kids.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: