Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 47777 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 16:15:37 »

Well that was unexpected.  Very good performance, especially considering the lack of preparation.  Then again, we looked good against Rochdale last season, so best to keep expecting a struggle for now.

Gladwin was just pure class - had a moment in the first half where he just stood still and their entire team seemed to stop as well to wait and see what he would do.  Think he will get into double figures.

Grant was Grant, controlled the midfield and wound them up.

Simpson looks like he could grow into that role.

Baudry still a worry for me, think he will lose his place in time.  Beaten far too many times down the side.

Iandolo - he frustrates me a bit, a nearly player.  He didn't do badly today but he just isn't quite the best player we have in any of his positions.  Great left peg, think he is another that would eventually lose his place as the season gets further underway.

McKirsy and Payne - these two promise a lot more than they deliver but will be a threat in this division - not sure either would make much of an impression above this level though.

Overall, great performance today, enjoyed that.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 16:18:16 »

The green and gold kit looks pretty decent out on the pitch

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 16:31:18 »

Continuing this in depth appreciation of the team today, my cup of tea was excellent.

After all that’s gone on this is the best I can come with up.

I’m a cunt.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 16:37:11 »

well, that could hardly have gone much better.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #409 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 16:52:48 »

well, that could hardly have gone much better.
I was disappointed to concede a goal against such poor opposition TBH and the injury to KKH was not good.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 16:55:59 »

kkh is injured? bugger. any idea what
Peter Venkman

« Reply #411 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 17:00:13 »

kkh is injured? bugger. any idea what
Nope it happened underneath the camera gantry so we couldnt really see but he ended up bundled into the hoardings by the look of it, carried on for 5 mins and had a chance of scoring but then collapsed and went off for Critchlow, who looked handy.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 17:02:20 »

What a cracking start to the season.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #413 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 17:07:29 »

Scunthorpe were easily the worst side we have played this season so far.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 17:07:54 »

Wollacott 7
- Distribution was a bit poor at times and was a bit rash and shouldn't have given away the penalty. But made a few commanding claims and two very smart saves. Forgotten what its like to have a decent keeper.

KKH 9
- No wonder he has a 5 year contract. Defended soundly and was an immense attacking threat. Incredibly quick and gifted. Would have created more in first half if we could have found him with the ball!

Baudry 6.5
- Did what he needed to do. Still takes too many risks for my liking.

Conroy 6.5
- Only one big mistake that he got away with. He was pirouetting on the floor like Homer Simpson.

Hunt 8
- Solid down his side. Best defenders you don't notice. I didn't notice him for much of the match.

Iandolo 6.5
- Only one early mistake that left us in  difficulty. Grew into the game and had a good second half

Gladwin 7
- A little off the pace at times, but once fit, he is going to be awesome. Tricks and flicks a plenty, but made 3 mistakes in less than 30 seconds to gift them the chance for their goal. Took his goal well mind!

Grant 9.5
- Controlled, if not dominated the midfield. Nurtured the younger players too. Looked to have energy and fitness back. An amazingly (but fair) crunching tackle in the first half. Shithousery of the highest order too! Didn't see exactly what he got booked for.

Payne 8.5
- Played for the team rather than as an individual. Part of a very effective, solid and creative midfield

McKirdy 8.5
- Its like having Bobby Barnes back on the other side of the pitch! Played with flare and panache. Drifted in and out as players of his ilk do, but was a creative threat.

Simpson 7.5
- This bloke is a beast! Took a while to get into the game. He isn't a hold up man and doesn't jump that well for headers, but in the second half he showed he had pace, power and a rasping shot. He was unlucky not to have scored twice. He was certainly a handle for the Scunny defence. I like him! Seemed to get booked after winning a free kick. Didn't see why. (P.S. Mr Venkman likened him to Justin Fashanu - Big shoulders! Deffo, especially in the colours we were wearing today)

Subs:
Critchlow 7
- Not on long, but showed that he was quick and commanding in the air. I have a good feeling about him!

Parsons
- Not on long but ran and did the simple things right. Nearly fashioned himself a chance.

East
- Not on long enough to judge.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #415 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 17:11:26 »

I would agree with that apart from Conroy I would give a 7 all things considered, Wollacott I would give an 7.5 and Iandolo a 7 after his early fuck ups really grew into the game and that position.

Hunk

« Reply #416 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 17:14:37 »

I’m feeling a bit emosh. Trying to keep a lid on it as I’m in a public place far from home and I’ve had several Jameson’s, but writing this might put paid to that…

There’s of course a long way to go and I’m steadfast in not getting too far ahead of myself, but it wasn’t even three weeks ago that I was refreshing every news outlet at an unhealthy rate to see that we’d finally got rid of the cunt who’s name I shall not speak. Will always remember where I was (the sea lion show at West Mids Safari Park, if you must know) when it was finally confirmed that Clem was in. There wasn’t an instant feeling of optimism for the season we’ve just started that lay ahead, just sheer relief that our previous owner had gone and we now had a man who talked the talk (visa vi he had not yet walked the walk).

Three weeks on and we’ve suddenly been engaged with our club again thanks to the new man at the helm. He’s mingled with the fans, set optimistic but realistic targets, and recruited, imo, brilliantly. Not only that but the communication from the club has been phenomenal; there seems to be a real understanding that the fan base craves information especially during turbulent times, and it’s been delivered in spades.

Then we come to today. Really, really wish I could have gone, but refreshing this forum and the adver feed from my hotel room…man, I’d missed being interested in how my team is doing, even if it’s not via the medium I’d prefer. Loved seeing the comments, the little tid bits of how the game is going, the instant analysis of this play or that player. Today has been a joy. And to top it all off, we’ve won relatively comfortably with what sounds like a good display such as I never would have predicted three weeks ago watching Blaze the sea lion do a back flip for a few sardines.

This season might not follow in the footsteps of today, we still need to do a bit of recruitment and we won’t know the real quality of our future opponents for a good few weeks yet. But fuck me am I going to remember how today felt

Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 17:18:14 »

I’m feeling a bit emosh. Trying to keep a lid on it as I’m in a public place far from home and I’ve had several Jameson’s, but writing this might put paid to that…

There’s of course a long way to go and I’m steadfast in not getting too far ahead of myself, but it wasn’t even three weeks ago that I was refreshing every news outlet at an unhealthy rate to see that we’d finally got rid of the cunt who’s name I shall not speak. Will always remember where I was (the sea lion show at West Mids Safari Park, if you must know) when it was finally confirmed that Clem was in. There wasn’t an instant feeling of optimism for the season we’ve just started that lay ahead, just sheer relief that our previous owner had gone and we now had a man who talked the talk (visa vi he had not yet walked the walk).

Three weeks on and we’ve suddenly been engaged with our club again thanks to the new man at the helm. He’s mingled with the fans, set optimistic but realistic targets, and recruited, imo, brilliantly. Not only that but the communication from the club has been phenomenal; there seems to be a real understanding that the fan base craves information especially during turbulent times, and it’s been delivered in spades.

Then we come to today. Really, really wish I could have gone, but refreshing this forum and the adver feed from my hotel room…man, I’d missed being interested in how my team is doing, even if it’s not via the medium I’d prefer. Loved seeing the comments, the little tid bits of how the game is going, the instant analysis of this play or that player. Today has been a joy. And to top it all off, we’ve won relatively comfortably with what sounds like a good display such as I never would have predicted three weeks ago watching Blaze the sea lion do a back flip for a few sardines.

This season might not follow in the footsteps of today, we still need to do a bit of recruitment and we won’t know the real quality of our future opponents for a good few weeks yet. But fuck me am I going to remember how today felt

Great and insightful post, good international call earlier.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 17:23:54 »

I listened to BBC Wiltshire today while I was working, with anticipation and delight for the first time in probably a year and a half.

Fucking get in you saucy bastards.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 17:36:13 »

The Townend Forum deserves its own appreciation post!!

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: