Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 93   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 234102 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 10:58:38 »

Wonder if they will go in for Flynn, ex player etc
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #841 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:02:34 »

Scott Lindsey must be up there as one of the favourites for the Gills gig, ex player, lived in Gillingham for 30+ years and is the son of an ex Gills player Keith Lindsey. Also getting great results with limited funds at Crawley so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #842 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:04:02 »

Wonder if they will go in for Flynn, ex player etc
They wouldnt pay the compo for Flynn, they will go for an out of work manager as they usually do.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:05:22 »

Scott Lindsey must be up there as one of the favourites for the Gills gig, ex player, lived in Gillingham for 30+ years and is the son of an ex Gills player Keith Lindsey. Also getting great results with limited funds at Crawley so far.

They wouldnt pay the compo for Lindsey, they will go for an out of work manager as they usually do.  Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:10:23 »

Would be such a Swindon thing to do…
…accept an approach from Bradford for Flynn just in time for him to be Bradford manager for Saturday…
Peter Venkman

« Reply #845 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:11:07 »

Jeez there is a major call for Steve Evans to take over a smanager at Bradford by their fans!

Darren Moore could be a good fit if they will pay his wages, several posters saying they should appoint Darell Clarke! obviously the internet news hasnt reached Yorkshire yet about his appointment at Cheltnumb.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:12:03 »

Jeez there is a major call for Steve Evans to take over a smanager at Bradford by their fans!

Darren Moore could be a good fit if they will pay his wages, several posters saying they should appoint Darell Clarke! obviously the internet news hasnt reached Yorkshire yet about his appointment at Cheltnumb.

Moore has just joined ‘uddersfield
Peter Venkman

« Reply #847 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:14:02 »

They wouldnt pay the compo for Lindsey, they will go for an out of work manager as they usually do.  Wink
Gillingham have WAY more money that Bradford have.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #848 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:14:56 »

Moore has just joined ‘uddersfield
Oh I missed that Smiley Internet news hasnt reached Somerset yet!

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:18:03 »

I'd like to think we shouldn't be worried about Flynn, but in the last decade we've lost managers to Crawley, Salford and Mansfield...
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:28:01 »

I’d like to think we’re okay with Flynn for now with location and the start of the season but stranger things have happened.

Ask me again on February 1st after we’ve seen if he’s properly backed in the January window
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:31:08 »

He is undoubtedly a fat obnoxious prick, but his is a fairly successful fat obnoxious prick at the level?

Warnock at Bradford or his eyes still higher?

I’d like to think we’re okay with Flynn for now with location and the start of the season but stranger things have happened.

Ask me again on February 1st after we’ve seen if he’s properly backed in the January window

I don't think Bradford will wait that long to appoint a new manager, they are not Swindon Town you know!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #852 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 12:08:20 »

I'd like to think we shouldn't be worried about Flynn, but in the last decade we've lost managers to Crawley, Salford and Mansfield...
And Charlton.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 12:29:43 »

And Charlton.

Well yes, but Charlton I think most would concede are a bigger club/better position. The other three were a succession of ones that felt like downgrades, but three different managers disagreed - no doubt for various reasons. I'll never expect our managers not to jump for a better job, but losing them to clubs that are at best at the same level feels like something avoidable.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 12:57:42 »

I can understand that - the guy (however obnoxious) gets results at this level. And for all our woes about being stuck in the bottom division, I think Bradford fans can also have valid claims given they've been in League 2 since 2019 without really looking like they were getting out of it. Looking at Wiki they were in the league cup final in 2013 and got to the 1/4 finals of the FA Cup in 2015 and are much too big a club to be dicking about down here to be honest.

I think it'll be Pete Wild to Bradford, he's earned a shot at a bigger club IMO.

As for Gillingham, you'd imagine Flynn might be on their shortlist as well, especially if their MO is now to play more exciting football.  

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 93   Go Up
Print
Jump to: