Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 69415 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:59:59 »

The pink Lyle and Scott jumper? Lick my Arse Orifice he was on my coach, and combined it with a chavvy McKenzie coat :L

Twas me  Grin Jumper is very warm, coat is waterproof and i cant stand jeans so joggers for me! was a nice warm/comfy/dry day =D

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 11:14:16 »

What a great game.

The game was similar to that of our 4-0 defeat at home to Rovers.

In the Rovers game, Swindon were the better team up untill the first goal, but after that Rovers controlled the game

Yesterday Leeds played well for the first 35 minutes, but to be fair Lucas only have to make 1 really good save.  Once we scored we pretty much bossed the game and Leeds never reallly looked like scoring

I just hope we can win tomorrrow, and that the presuure of being 2nd doesnt get to the lads
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 11:14:34 »

Bye Ha, I remember chatting to you, but don't remember a word we said, I was still completely incoherent. Still am. So apologies if I talked bollocks Cheesy

Nah I don't have a bloody clue mate. Was buzzing beyond words. Still am, I'm at work and just keep bursting out in smiles and goosebumps. What a day.

We were in great voice, came up with some damn funny songs. In comparison to their one dimensional MOT and  that poofy Leeds! Leeds! Leeds! bullshit. This buzz has bugger all to do with beating Leeds. It's the fact we cained a promotion rival after taking a load of their pressure. At their ground and have moved into the autos at almost the perfect time. Gutted that I have to work tomorrow but I'll be listening on the radio.

This is without doubt the best time of my STFC life.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 11:18:49 by b3nny » Logged

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 11:25:30 »

You always talk bollocks.  Wink
There is that element to things, granted Smiley
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:00:12 »

'Again, We'll Never Play You Again!' I started off that chant.

(Although no-one joined in)

It's All Good..............
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:00:56 »

hahaha i tried to get that one going as well Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:39:37 »

The 6-0 on aggregate chant didnt go down at all well..there were some pissed off looking northern folk on our way to the car.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:45:42 »

The 6-0 on aggregate chant didnt go down at all well..there were some pissed off looking northern folk on our way to the car.

Mmmhmm, i was a scared crispy Sad

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:48:32 »

Ready assalted?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:50:44 »

Lollllllll, I've heard alot but thats a new one Cheesy

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #610 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:54:08 »

First chance to post about the game:

Don't know how we ended up in the lead at half time. Leeds battered us for 40 minutes. That said, despite all their possession I don't think they created as many chances as they could have done and obviously failed to put away at least three very good chances. I think we had three good chances in the first half, which we put away one. We looked like we could use the ball better when we had it, though to a nervous away fan that seemed all too little often.

Second half was unbelievable. Paynter, who it was clear was having a man of the match performance scored an incredible goal right away. Rushed over to the Town fans with the biggest grin on his face, just enjoying the moment with us all. None of this arms out, point at the back of my shirt, look at me I'm god rubbish (Beckford take note). He was loving it!

From there on in Leeds were throwing everything forward, which inevitably meant they lost concentration at the back. Up pops Austin with the third. After that we restricted them to long shots on goal mostly, Austin had another good chance and Nouble came on late and caused problems. He actually made an incredible run into the box, cut on to his right foot to shoot, then decides to dribble some more! At least it wasted time Smiley
I still didn't feel safe with 5 mins to go and 0-3 up, which is irrational but indicative of the disbelief of what I was witnessing.

All in all, a gritty away performance, stuck to the tactics well and deservedly won in the end. The difference between the two teams was the fact we have two strikers in great form - the opposition's failed to punish us and then they ran out of ideas.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 12:56:48 »

First chance to post about the game:

Don't know how we ended up in the lead at half time. Leeds battered us for 40 minutes. That said, despite all their possession I don't think they created as many chances as they could have done and obviously failed to put away at least three very good chances. I think we had three good chances in the first half, which we put away one. We looked like we could use the ball better when we had it, though to a nervous away fan that seemed all too little often.

Second half was unbelievable. Paynter, who it was clear was having a man of the match performance scored an incredible goal right away. Rushed over to the Town fans with the biggest grin on his face, just enjoying the moment with us all. None of this arms out, point at the back of my shirt, look at me I'm god rubbish (Beckford take note). He was loving it!

From there on in Leeds were throwing everything forward, which inevitably meant they lost concentration at the back. Up pops Austin with the third. After that we restricted them to long shots on goal mostly, Austin had another good chance and Nouble came on late and caused problems. He actually made an incredible run into the box, cut on to his right foot to shoot, then decides to dribble some more! At least it wasted time Smiley
I still didn't feel safe with 5 mins to go and 0-3 up, which is irrational but indicative of the disbelief of what I was witnessing.

All in all, a gritty away performance, stuck to the tactics well and deservedly won in the end. The difference between the two teams was the fact we have two strikers in great form - the opposition's failed to punish us and then they ran out of ideas.

Spot on.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 13:41:10 »

Here's one for you stat/fact fans: our two 3-0 victories are the biggest aggregate defeats suffered by Leeds in the league since they were relegated Smiley
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 13:47:39 »

There's some good peeps  (well at least one) on that WACCOE.

ed_lufc

Fair play to your team, not just for this weekends result, but for the whole season so far. The turn around from previous seasons is almost beyond belief. Good luck for the rest of this season, and future ones too.

I am hoping that perhaps by now you have realised that not all Leeds fans are 'dirty northern scum' but probably just the same as you and the rest of your teams fans - Passionate and looking for some good banter, no trouble.

Don't know if your guna disappear now you have drubbed us again but thanks for the banter and info. in leading up to the match this weekend, and here's wishing that both Leeds and now Swindon can achieve promotion to the Championship this year.

*And lets just hope that if it happens, then we avoid Swindon like the plague in the play-offs!!! 

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:09:00 »

So, this is the first chance I've had to say anything about the game. Here goes...

The first half hour was all Leeds. They were closing us down quickly and we were giving the ball away cheaply. One Leeds fan on the train said it was like watching Barcelona. He was wrong, it was more like the Southampton game, only Southampton were better. Thankfully they didn't create too many openings, and when they did Lucas got in the way. Then to take the lead right at the end of the half was incredible. We didn't deserve it, but it was a great cross and well finished by Paynter. When we missed a chance just before half time to make it 2-0 I thought we'd live to regret it.

But then Paynter comes along and fires a peach into the top corner. Cracking effort and we all went a bit mental. I was truly in shock when it became 3. How Austin had that much time and space I'll never know, but it was a great move, a lovely cross and a calm finish. Nice to see him lauding it in front of the Leeds fans, many of whom have for a long time refused to accept that he or Paynter would cause them any problems. I can think of 6 problems already this season, and there may be more if both teams were to end up in the play-offs.

The fans were great, even when we were under a lot of pressure, and to be able to taunt the Leeds fans for over half an hour was truly delightful. "Is there a fire drill?" and the West Ham / Dagenham chants were particular favourties, but there was also a LOT of support for the lads. The train journey home was long but more than bearable, although my patience was tried at times by Leeds fans who refused to accept that the team who has beaten them 3-0 on two occasions this season might just have something about them. Nobody is as good as Leeds. If Leeds lose, it is the players' fault, or Grayson's fault, or Bates' fault, or the ref's fault.

2nd place. Wow. Let's keep our feet on the ground, beat Tranmere and hope that Colchester and Yeovil do us some favours!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: