Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If Cox goes in January  (Read 17498 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:17:35 »

we had this with Rory Fallon a few seasons back.

We sold him for 300k and apparently according to Devlin the cost of relegation was 200k. What that broke down to I really dont know but we bought in Wise and sold more season tickets so I guess it didnt matter in the end.

Basically, if we want a decent sum of money for Cox we need to sell him when he's got time left on his contract. So January or the end of the season. We wont let him get into the last year of his contract and we always seem to take ages to offer new contract.

Just look at Comminges last season, if we'd offered him a new deal in January he may have signed it.

So we either sell him this season or get him to sign a contract extention
JPC82

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:19:21 »

on the contract situation if Sean Morrsion is so good hes been starting games and loads of prem clubs interested why the fuck havent we got him signed up? his deal is up in the summer
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:23:03 »

we seem to be pretty piss poor with offering contracts.

The only time we got it spot on was when Iffy (was it orginally Iffy?) offered Jutkiewicz a 3 year deal....

I'd get Simon and Sean sat down asap. Offer Sean 3 years and Cox a one year extention
JPC82

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:33:34 »

Cox wont sign an extention, of course hes going to say the things fans wanna hear in interviews, fact is he wants to play at the highest possible level he can, he wont achieve that with swindon unfortunately, he will be off the 1 chance a decent bid comes in
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:36:36 »

Signing a contract extension doesnt effect that at all in the slightest.

Just means we get more money.

Super Sammy signed a year extension, we all knew he was going just when we sold him he had a longer contract and thus we probably got more money.
JPC82

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:43:06 »

Signing a contract extension doesnt effect that at all in the slightest.

Just means we get more money.

Super Sammy signed a year extension, we all knew he was going just when we sold him he had a longer contract and thus we probably got more money.

yeah i was referring to some idiot who said give him a 5 year deal
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:49:11 »

yeah i was referring to some idiot who said give him a 5 year deal
But what you said was "he won't sign an extension". Which you then immediately admitted was bollocks.
JPC82

« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:52:11 »

But what you said was "he won't sign an extension". Which you then immediately admitted was bollocks.

he wont, DV said that sam signed 1 year extention, which he did and i said yeah that means more money when the longer the deal, i will but my car on Cox not signing a deal
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:52:56 »

Can I have your car please?
flammableBen

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:53:51 »

I'm not really interested in cars, is there a cash alternative?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:56:32 »

he wont, DV said that sam signed 1 year extention, which he did and i said yeah that means more money when the longer the deal, i will but my car on Cox not signing a deal
I'd agree that all the badge-kissing in the press is just what people want to hear. But not necessarily he'll be off at the first offer, he doesn't need to, he can afford to wait till the summer and pick and choose then
JPC82

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 18:59:03 »

I'd agree that all the badge-kissing in the press is just what people want to hear. But not necessarily he'll be off at the first offer, he doesn't need to, he can afford to wait till the summer and pick and choose then

he will have plenty to choose from in january, most of who have been in touch already
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 19:05:00 »

he will have plenty to choose from in january, most of who have been in touch already
whom
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 19:19:48 »

whom

Yeah come on fucking whom smarty fucking bollocks
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 19:21:04 »

Come on Bennett, he enjoys it most.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up