Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83922 times)
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 09:18:13 »

Good players come, good players go.....you buy a replacement and move on, sometimes good sometimes not so good.

Absolutely, it has and always will happen and although not happy with the current situation if Caddis does go then better this time of the season than halfway through, as replacement(s) can be brought in and got up to speed relatively quickly.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 09:24:32 »

He will be very tough to replace, but I have full confidence in PDC.

If he doesn't want to be here, he is better off not being here. Hopefully we can get a decent fee for him.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 09:26:23 »

I've heard that we are signing John West who is likely to be the new skipper.

Think he's excellent at putting it in the net.

Not sure about John West we need someone with lots of experience to captain the side.  Captain Birdseye will be perfect.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 09:30:27 »

He will be very tough to replace, but I have full confidence in PDC.

If he doesn't want to be here, he is better off not being here. Hopefully we can get a decent fee for him.

Very disappointed.  But we move on.  Devera has hardly disgraced himself so, at the very least, it buys us time to get the replacement right.  At best, it gives him the opportunity to make that position his own.  If he can learn to get forward and link with Ritchie, then who knows?
laufav

« Reply #679 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 09:37:09 »

Very disappointed.  But we move on.  Devera has hardly disgraced himself so, at the very least, it buys us time to get the replacement right.  At best, it gives him the opportunity to make that position his own.  If he can learn to get forward and link with Ritchie, then who knows?

I thought they linked up fantastically well on Tuesday. 1 goal, 1 assist and another key contribution from Ritchie, plus 1 assist from Devera, which suggests that Ritchie will be just fine without Caddis. I think back to Torquay at home last season... another of Ritchie's best games for us. At RB? Devera. Also Morecambe away... our winner came from Devera bombing forward and delivering an excellent far post cross.

Devera was excellent in both boxes, a real attacking threat (should have scored Tuesday, unlucky not to on 2 occasions at Hartlepool) and a big, solid presence defensively, which couldn't always be said for Caddis.

We'll be fine. 
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 09:39:07 »

I very much enjoyed watching caddis play but if it's a choice between pdc and caddis then it has to be pdc for me. If
Pdc delivers championship football to the county ground I don't care if caddis is in that team or not. As others have said good players come and go. Pdc has stood by his ambitions and delivered so far even if I have not agreed to all his decisions.  I just hope this loyalty is not thrown back in our faces. The club, fans and
90% of the players have shown remarkable dedication in backing pdc's plan. In paolo I trust

Still disappointed about caddis though but there will be other CG greats.
Dozno9

« Reply #681 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 09:47:32 »

It's the team photo today, I guess there'll be an empty seat.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 09:50:43 »

Completely agree, Devera has really grown into the role, and he is starting to look better going forward.
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 10:14:11 »

Completely agree, Devera has really grown into the role, and he is starting to look better going forward.
That's good to hear, I don't think there is much issue defensively, but I can't see him bombing down the wing like Caddis did. he just doesn't look mobile enough for that.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #684 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 10:16:15 »

Devera was barnet's player of the year playing at full back.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 10:23:24 »

I'll probably get slated for this, but without knowing all the facts, PDC going public with all of this has aggravated the situation. I'm a massive fan of Paolo, without him we wouldn't be where we are but I hate it when he publicly criticises players, these things should be kept in house. End of.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 10:24:35 »

Devera was overlapping a lot more once we had the lead. Did his defending first and  grew in confidence going forward.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Barry Scott

« Reply #687 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 10:34:09 »

I very much enjoyed watching caddis play but if it's a choice between pdc and caddis then it has to be pdc for me. If
Pdc delivers championship football to the county ground I don't care if caddis is in that team or not. As others have said good players come and go. Pdc has stood by his ambitions and delivered so far even if I have not agreed to all his decisions.  I just hope this loyalty is not thrown back in our faces. The club, fans and
90% of the players have shown remarkable dedication in backing pdc's plan. In paolo I trust

Still disappointed about caddis though but there will be other CG greats.

Good post. I agree.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 11:02:29 »

Ship him out to the SPL for the season and review the situation in the summer.

Unless we get the appropriate fee for him of course.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 11:16:03 »

I'll probably get slated for this, but without knowing all the facts, PDC going public with all of this has aggravated the situation. I'm a massive fan of Paolo, without him we wouldn't be where we are but I hate it when he publicly criticises players, these things should be kept in house. End of.

I don't think Paolo sought to go public though. He was asked a question and he did what we all know he does (and what I respect him for) and gave a full and honest answer, without seeking to obfuscate or bullshit.

I also think the same is the case for Paul. He was aksed what his feelings were and he answered.

No one went running to the media.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: