Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83922 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:19:26 »

By his own admission Caddis missed a number of training session and was/is not at the same level of fitness as the rest of the team.  He mentioned that mother and baby are fine, and his focus is on being a good boyfriend/father (quite understandable), and I'm sure when he is at training he feels that he is giving 100%, I would be amazed if he has the same intensity that he he had last year, because quite simply becoming a father for the first time changes you.

Paolo on the other hand has always been a workaholic, and his emphasis on fitness and training is also legendary - I understand he usually has them in for some kind of training 7 days a week, and expects from his players exactly what he is putting into the role himself - a "100% for the cause" mentality and will not put up with anybody who he feels is not pulling his weight (Leon Clarke and Mehdi Kerrouche for example), and does not believe in excuses - after all, we all know about his father having to work silly hours as a bricklayer in all sorts of weather.

If Caddis had any other type of job and manager, the solution would be simple - take a couple of weeks off, enjoy being a new dad, and come back with all guns blazing.  Unfortunately his profession and having Di Canio as a boss make that impossible!  The result is an understandable change in focus/fitness/commitment from Caddis, and a simple black or white mentality from Paolo which makes a parting of the waves inevitable.

It looks as if he could be going sooner rather than later, but even if he doesn't I will be amazed if Caddis is here come the end of the January transfer window.  While I think the whole thing is a shame, I totally understand what Di Canio is doing and the reason why he is doing it (even if I don't agree with the methods he appears to be using).  I wish Caddis luck as he has been a great player for us, but I think it has got to the point where it would be best for everyone if he was to move on.

Agree 100% with this
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:25:22 »

Popcorn
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:29:31 »

You've taken two. Added two. And ended up with a six figure number. It's a shame Caddis seems to be on the way out but let's not have wild, unfounded speculation about others as a result!

Why?  It's bound to start, so thought I'd get the ball rolling!   Smiley

You would assume however that Caddis is fairly popular with the rest of the players and it's a genuine concern to me as to how this may affect them. Nobody else who's fallen foul of PDC has been anyway near as high profile.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:32:37 »

Kerrouche was our top scorer when he fell out with PDC. That was high profile enough. We all know how Di Canio works now. If you don't commit you are out the door. We will be fine.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:46:13 »

I'll be most annoyed if the fucker leaves via "Mutual termination"

We can ge a lot of money for Caddis.

I'll be annoyed if he does go, but if he goes for nothing I'll be even more annoyed!

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 05:34:25 »

"Meanwhile, Wray said suggestions that three clubs in Scotland have approached Swindon with a view to a loan move for Paul Caddis are wide of the mark.

Dundee United, Aberdeen and Hibernian are rumoured to have shown an interest in taking the former Swindon captain north of the border.

Wray insisted he had received no inquiries but said: “It’s a fairly fluid situation. We’ll talk to him and the manager and do what is best for the club.”

However, the Advertiser understands Caddis has been told he can leave the County Ground."

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/9888339.Town_could_bring_in_three_more_before_deadline_as_Cibocchi_leaves/

Speculate until you ejaculate, folks...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 05:40:35 »

Its gone too far... hope we get a decent chunk of money for him

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 06:13:57 »

Off to Rangers Wink

Seriously though, this is a bit of shitter
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 06:32:50 »

Anyone know any good right backs? As I said earlier in the thread, Sido Jombati at Cheltenham impressed me last year, but as he hasn't played in he Championship he may not have the 'quuuuaaaallity' that Paolo is looking for.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 06:48:19 »

Anyone know any good right backs? As I said earlier in the thread, Sido Jombati at Cheltenham impressed me last year, but as he hasn't played in he Championship he may not have the 'quuuuaaaallity' that Paolo is looking for.

Not sure if it's his main position but he played left back for them against us last season
red socks

« Reply #655 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 06:52:49 »

Serious balls up this, as much as I am enjoying the PDC experience he appears to have a serious flaw in his management skills/personality. No one is bigger than the club, but I am concerned that one of our most senior pros, and up to this point a model professional, could be leaving the club due to an "arguement". Jeremy Wray needs to make sure that he can temper some of PDC's fire in his belly or we could end up in some employment tribunals. you are entitled to some paternity leave or does that not apply to footballers?

Obviously there may be more to this than meets the eye and caddis may need to be moved on as things  have gone too far. His leaving is starting to look inevitable, that is a bad outcome regardless of how he is replaced. Hope it works out for all concerned and doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.

Good Players normally outlast managers at clubs, lets hope when PDC eventually goes there are a few good ones left with some loyalty to the club, Caddis always struck me as that, but what do I know...

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 06:55:58 »

Not sure if it's his main position but he played left back for them against us last season

He was filling in there and Lowe covered at right back. Jombati is naturally a right back and getting rave reviews at the moment.
SwindonJimbo

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 07:04:23 »

I am gutted if he does go.. there has to be rules but what has been reported seemed more like a slap on the wrist and kiss and makeup not get rid..:-(
Flashheart

« Reply #658 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 07:19:42 »

gotta love this forum.

we have a member that has been proven time and time again to be privvy to inside info and they are openly commenting on this thread. still though some people plough on with their own assumptions as they are the ones with the facts. well done all.

anyway, this beach is clungetastic and i'm getting back to perving.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 07:27:28 »

Serious balls up this, as much as I am enjoying the PDC experience he appears to have a serious flaw in his management skills/personality. No one is bigger than the club, but I am concerned that one of our most senior pros, and up to this point a model professional, could be leaving the club due to an "arguement". Jeremy Wray needs to make sure that he can temper some of PDC's fire in his belly or we could end up in some employment tribunals. you are entitled to some paternity leave or does that not apply to footballers?

Obviously there may be more to this than meets the eye and caddis may need to be moved on as things  have gone too far. His leaving is starting to look inevitable, that is a bad outcome regardless of how he is replaced. Hope it works out for all concerned and doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.

Good Players normally outlast managers at clubs, lets hope when PDC eventually goes there are a few good ones left with some loyalty to the club, Caddis always struck me as that, but what do I know...

There a certain irony with that... Sir Alex Ferguson, arguably the most successful manager ever, has so far managed to outlast all his players and hasn't been short of controversy himself including getting rid of his popular Captain (Paul Ince) because he wouldnt tow the line.

In most managerial jobs you get paid more than your employees - in football that's a rarity - and as a result there is little incentive for players to go beyond 100% (liken it to working overtime - you only really do it to earn more money

Let's not forget that successful football management isn't about following the normal management rules it's about setting a culture through imposed standards and, in the main, you rely on a critical mass of players working within the standards to maintain this as new players come in.

In short, only one person can make the rules and everyone must abide by them, allow one or 2 to break them and go npunished and it's the thin end of the wedge. Look at 2 season ago, the mass was simply on the wrong side of the standards and as a result everyone thought they could do what they want and no weak manager was going to change that.  

PDC has come in with 99% of those players gone and begun the rebuilding process.  He has set his standards and is determined that nobody will be an exception to this.  Caddis has clearly dropped below these standards and through the press the reason for his removal has become public BUT should that then mean PDC drops his standards to allow Caddis back in the fold? I would say no, because that is the thin end of the wedge of players thinking they are the manager and returning to the standards of 2010/2011.

None of us knows exactly what happened for this fall out to occur but rest assured I would rather see Caddis go than see the critical mass for standards dwindle because the players suddenly see a chink in PDC's shining armour

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: