Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83918 times)
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 19:09:42 »

This may be a stupid question, but if he was that unfit how come he played in all of the pre-season games.

It makes you think that something has changed (probably with Caddis) between then & the start of the season.

One possible option is that his agent has told him that a Championship club want him & will pay him more.
His Mrs has suggested that he should ask for a move
a) because he will get more money &
b) he will have more time at home because he will probably spend less time training.

He tells Paolo that he's thinking about leaving, and (well we can guess the rest).

he signed a contract extension at the end of last season, so I really can't see him trying to manufacture a move + plus why comment to the BBC to argue his point?

I think he showed poor form during preseason, PdC told to him so  and caddis hasn't reacted in the way PdC had hoped - things have spiralled out of control since, and to a point where now there i no turning back. Simples
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 19:12:07 »

I thought it was more the case that the club "triggered" the extension, rather than Caddis wilfully signing one?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 19:12:55 »

I thought it was more the case that the club "triggered" the extension, rather than Caddis wilfully signing one?

It was.

It's All Good..............
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 19:20:39 »

Spot on.

Agree with that in principle, I just question how rational some of PDC's decisions might be. We don't know the details, so we don't know if he really has a lack of commitment.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 20:22:10 »

he signed a contract extension at the end of last season, so I really can't see him trying to manufacture a move + plus why comment to the BBC to argue his point?

He didn't sign an extension, the club triggered a clause in his contract.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 20:23:26 »

In fairness everyone will have an opinion (however ill informed) of the situation. Looking at what we actually know I've found it pretty hard to believe that di Canio has been overly harsh on a player he made captain last season and who he had consistently praised, for no reason. PdC, whatever his faults, isn't stupid and is well aware of Caddis' value in the side. Something has seen that value decline. Add that to the comments made by Pdc and JW about squad cohesion and attitude and it's pretty clear (well it is to me) that Caddis, for whatever reason, has become something of a devisive element.
I doubt most of us will ever know the full story, or reason, but I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of Caddis in a Town shirt. Whether or not that was what he wanted before the furore is unclear, but I'm beginning to think neither party will be sorry at his departure.

Good points, agreed. Dare I mention Pietersen?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 20:46:10 »

I don't buy the argument that this isn't an issue because we're good without him. That's not the point. He makes us better. We're a good side with, say, De Vita in the team, but better and more likely to succeed, with Roberts.

Completely agree.  Most of us agree that we should at least be challenging for promotion again this year.  So it's very possible that Paul Caddis could be the difference, for example, between an automatic promotion finish and a play off place, or a play off place and an 8th place finish.  I just don't think we have the luxury of casting aside a player of his abilty...and even if we did, we shouldn't be considering it anyway because he's a top bloke who has done more than enough already to demonstrate his worth to Swindon Town.  This needs a resolution, and quickly.

I should also add that, for all we know, a reconciliation of sorts may well already be in progress and that Caddis and Di Canio may already have started to resolve their differences.  The lack of media cover this week that is, understandably, fuelling speculation.  A long shot, but let's not write his future off at the club just yet.  For as long as there's a chance he could make a come back, I'm going to assume that that is what is going to happen.  If he has been seen in a Town top around town, that's a positive sign for me.
DRS

« Reply #622 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 21:04:34 »

Completely agree.  Most of us agree that we should at least be challenging for promotion again this year.  So it's very possible that Paul Caddis could be the difference, for example, between an automatic promotion finish and a play off place, or a play off place and an 8th place finish.  I just don't think we have the luxury of casting aside a player of his abilty...and even if we did, we shouldn't be considering it anyway because he's a top bloke who has done more than enough already to demonstrate his worth to Swindon Town.  This needs a resolution, and quickly.

I should also add that, for all we know, a reconciliation of sorts may well already be in progress and that Caddis and Di Canio may already have started to resolve their differences.  The lack of media cover this week that is, understandably, fuelling speculation.  A long shot, but let's not write his future off at the club just yet.  For as long as there's a chance he could make a come back, I'm going to assume that that is what is going to happen.  If he has been seen in a Town top around town, that's a positive sign for me.
Agree with that,but it could also be the case that IF he is being a bit of a little fucker and is not behaving the way every other squad member is then why should pdc not treat him the same as anyone else
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:15:17 »

Caddis has been in talks with Hibernian going by some Jock agent

Agent Football ‏@AgentScotland
The two players Pat Fenlon was in talks with on Monday where Craig Forsyth and Paul Caddis, no idea as of yet how talks went
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:29:23 »

The Advertiser understands Paul Caddis has been told he can leave #stfc. Hibernian believed to be interested in taking him back to Scotland

Sam just posted this.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:33:37 »

If Caddis has wanted away all along, that should have been stated instead of it all being blamed on a change of attitude and fitness.  It might have stopped all the speculation?

Did his girlfriend come from Scotland with him?  If so, it's possible that a new baby is making them want to be closer to family?

However it seems odd to do an interview saying how hurt and disappointed he is, if he was trying to instigate a move.  Also, the likes of Benson and McCormack also made comments about hoping Caddis and PDC would sort things out, which would be a bit odd if it's the player eanting a move?

Some people are saying they're not that bothered now if he goes, but I would be really disappointed, even though I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.  He will be a big loss and just because Devera played better last night, he doesn't naturally want to push forward, which will be an isdue with the way Ritchie plays.

Caddis was fantastic for us last season and if he does go, it will be a real shame if it's under a cloud and that's what he's remembered for rather than what he did as a player.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:35:26 »

So it seems he's off then. Sad news after his contribution last season, however, we have already proved we can play without him so it's not all doom and gloom!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:35:35 »

fuck it. Hey ho, can't do anything about it I suppose.

So it seems he's off then. Sad news after his contribution last season, however, we have already proved we can play without him so it's not all doom and gloom!

2 games against average opposition is hardly conclusive. Suspect we will bring in a new RB.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:37:29 by Batch » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #628 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:37:57 »

If Caddis has wanted away all along, that should have been stated instead of it all being blamed on a change of attitude and fitness.  It might have stopped all the speculation?

Did his girlfriend come from Scotland with him?  If so, it's possible that a new baby is making them want to be closer to family?

However it seems odd to do an interview saying how hurt and disappointed he is, if he was trying to instigate a move.  Also, the likes of Benson and McCormack also made comments about hoping Caddis and PDC would sort things out, which would be a bit odd if it's the player eanting a move?

Some people are saying they're not that bothered now if he goes, but I would be really disappointed, even though I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.  He will be a big loss and just because Devera played better last night, he doesn't naturally want to push forward, which will be an isdue with the way Ritchie plays.

Caddis was fantastic for us last season and if he does go, it will be a real shame if it's under a cloud and that's what he's remembered for rather than what he did as a player.

It'll be shame if he leaves, but picking up your first point, it's possible he wanted a move after and because of all the shit hit the fan, as opposed to the club lying to us...
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:38:11 »

Absolutely gutted
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: