Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83928 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 12:16:07 »

Have to disagree with dv regarding who needs who most. Caddis would get another club easily and would play there. Replacing him with a player of the same quality wouldn't be as easy for us.

I'm sure Caddis would get another club quite easily - but could he get another club where he could be an important first team member with prospects as good as Swindon's? I'm not so sure.

Also, when we needed a left back, we signed McEveley. As far as I'm concerned, McEveley is a far more complete full-back than Caddis. Much better in defence, and not far off as good going forward.

just shows that these quality players are out there.
lambourn red

« Reply #511 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 12:18:54 »

so did he get on the bus or not ?
kerry red

« Reply #512 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 12:27:40 »

Would have thought if he had it would have been reported by now

so my guess is no
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 12:29:12 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19293570

Has that been mentioned?  Not keeping up with this really.  Caddis's side.  Doesn't sound like he's leaving to me.

Never knowingly overstated.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 12:55:53 »

Interesting to read people's opinions as to whether Paolo should have made this public.

The problem is he was asked directly his reasons for the switch of captaincy & he gave his opinion.
The thing with Paolo is that he always appears to answer these questions honestly, and that is something that on the whole we all applaud.

Had he have come out & said I don't want to discuss it the speculation would probably have been even worse.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 12:56:55 »

Would have thought if he had it would have been reported by now

so my guess is no

The opposite of that is equally likely.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
kerry red

« Reply #516 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 13:06:22 »

That is, of course, true but again

my guess is no
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 13:28:40 »

Interesting to read people's opinions as to whether Paolo should have made this public.

The problem is he was asked directly his reasons for the switch of captaincy & he gave his opinion.
The thing with Paolo is that he always appears to answer these questions honestly, and that is something that on the whole we all applaud.

Had he have come out & said I don't want to discuss it the speculation would probably have been even worse.

Hmm, yes and no.  It's fair enough if a conversation with Caddis had taken place around all the reasons that have since been stated,  but from the article it seems as if some of the stuff said came as a bit of a shock.

I don't know why Di Canio felt the need to make comments about the baby situation and can understand Caddis being disappointted that his family have been dragged into it.  Questioning his attitude and fitness publicly would have been adequate imo.

It sounds a bit like the ball is in Di Canio's court.  Hopefully if Caddis does enough to rectifiy the concerns raised, Di Canio will reward that with a place in the team.  If it drags on for too long, Caddis will start attracting interest from other clubs.

It's also interesting that Joe Devera was picked over Nathan Thompson on Tuesday.  It does beg the question as to why Nathan Thompson was offered a new contract if Di Canio doesn't think he's good enough to start in a Carling Cup Match?
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 13:36:46 »

Typically over the top and confusing interview with DiCanio on Caddis...what is he going on about....Caddis is a good defender but once DiCanio marks your card the future seems limited. He can be repalced certainly and hopefully we might get some cash for him?

Bathtime
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 13:50:44 »

Hmm, yes and no.  It's fair enough if a conversation with Caddis had taken place around all the reasons that have since been stated,  but from the article it seems as if some of the stuff said came as a bit of a shock.

I don't know why Di Canio felt the need to make comments about the baby situation and can understand Caddis being disappointted that his family have been dragged into it.  Questioning his attitude and fitness publicly would have been adequate imo.

It sounds a bit like the ball is in Di Canio's court.  Hopefully if Caddis does enough to rectifiy the concerns raised, Di Canio will reward that with a place in the team.  If it drags on for too long, Caddis will start attracting interest from other clubs.

It's also interesting that Joe Devera was picked over Nathan Thompson on Tuesday.  It does beg the question as to why Nathan Thompson was offered a new contract if Di Canio doesn't think he's good enough to start in a Carling Cup Match?

A match against a team from a higher division with a strong left wing. If we were playing Accrington you'd have a fair point, but I don't think Devera being favoured on this occassion suggests Thompson has no worth to the squad.
Barry Scott

« Reply #520 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 14:49:43 »

He can be repalced certainly and hopefully we might get some cash for him?

I'd like to know the replacements you have in mind, because I can't think of a single replacement of Caddis's calibre.

I would also hope we'd get a bucket load of cash.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 14:53:46 »

So has he travelled?  He's the only bastarding footballer who doesn't 'tweet' every 5 mins to tell the world he's thinking about scratching his arse.
lambourn red

« Reply #522 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 15:03:14 »

BBC Wiltshire ‏@BBCWiltshire
@BBCWiltshire understands that Paul Caddis has been left out of the @Official_STFC squad for Saturday's game at Hartlepool. #Swindon #STFC
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 15:04:21 »

Big shame.  Even to have him on the bench would have been a good sign.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 15:05:42 »

Ffs
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: