Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83918 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:02:55 »

I think the most amusing thing about all this is the way everyone assumes that conversations between PDC and Caddis resemble the headlines that the Adver have plucked out of the air. "Change your ways or leave this club" is the headline of one article - a lin that Paolo doesn't have appeared to have said anywhere near as bluntly in his interview, and is even less likely to have said to Caddis himself.

For all we know, they might have had a nice sit down and chat, where Paolo's told Caddis what he's unhappy with, and what changes he expects to see, and Caddis has gone off feeling a bit miffed yet considering how he can put things right.

But I suppose it's much more fun to assume they've had a big bust up that's going to tear the squad apart, derail our season, and require multi-million pound investment to put right.
Dozno9

« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:36:42 »

I've tried to write word for word PDC when he was on SSN just now...

"I know Paul Caddis, the advantage he has is I know what he can give to me, how he was last year. You have to change.

I can't imagine that I call 6 times and when I call one time on my players because he went out already three times, so six times I call him in 35 days to ask why? Why you did that, why you did that, why you want to do this, why you dont go in the same way as last year.

I didnt recieve any clear answer and the situation getting worse."
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 11:53:10 »

For anyone who'd like to watch the full interview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19254124#asset

Hope that helps!  Smug Fuck Off

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 12:00:36 »

I don't know how the interviewer isn't crying with laughter.
kerry red

« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 12:01:25 »

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but is Caddis the only footballer ever to become a father?

Yes, it's tiring and upsets routines but how about all the other players who have had children - do they all fall apart as well?

Get a grip, Jock
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 12:03:22 »

Is it wrong that I found that interview absolutely hilarious?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 12:12:38 »

Is it wrong that I found that interview absolutely hilarious?

I did too. Also I have no idea what he was going on about.
FootballBabe69

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 12:13:51 »

Caddis needs to sort his woman out, she should be looking after the kid, leaving him to concentrate on his footy  Wink
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 12:18:00 »

Fucking hell. Sympathy for Caddis because he's got a baby? He's a professional footballer, hardly pulling a 60 hour week, is he?
Even when they've got double sessions they're not at the club dawn to dusk.
Boo fucking hoo.

This is what I meant on my post.....

Clems Army!
Dozno9

« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 12:24:41 »

Caddis needs to sort his woman out, she should be looking after the kid, leaving him to concentrate on his footy  Wink

Something we could all take on-board.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 13:13:33 »

Something we could all take on-board.

Indeed, far too much touchy feely among lads of today....get a bird and half of them give up going to football, or even podting on the TEF.  Get a sprog and they think they've got to be feeding the thing with bottles and changing its shitty nappies.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 13:31:52 »

It's because managers who don't show a willingness to change their methods tend to come unstuck. In any discipline.

We've already seen the effect Di Canios methods have had on our bank balances. Combined with the fact that human beings can only be pushed so far, least of all ego driven footballers, gives a decent enough cause for conversation on the relative benefits of an unwavering iron fist management style.
Don't think Ferguson has changed in his approach, nor did Clough or countless other football managers. No one was on here at the end of last season slagging di Canio off regarding is methods because they worked.
At the end of this season, if it's successful, will anyone really care who our captain was, or whether PdC ruffled a few feathers?

It's All Good..............
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 13:49:44 »

Don't think Ferguson has changed in his approach, nor did Clough or countless other football managers. No one was on here at the end of last season slagging di Canio off regarding is methods because they worked.
At the end of this season, if it's successful, will anyone really care who our captain was, or whether PdC ruffled a few feathers?

Ferguson backed down when Rooney was wanting a new contract, in a way he'd never done before .No-one has held ferguson to ransom like that before, but he allowed it because he knew how crucial Rooney was to his side that season. Clough may have been more straightforward (I doubt he was, but he was before my time so can't say), but football itself was more straightforward back then.

Paolos methods worked last season, because none of those he fell out with were crucial to the team. Kerrouche had scored goals, but off the top of my head none were 'match winners'. Interestingly, when he did pick out the key players we put in two of our worst performances of the season.

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 13:54:35 »

Paolos methods worked last season, because none of those he fell out with were crucial to the team.

Boozegate?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 13:55:27 »

Boozegate?

That was at the end of the season and, as said above, the reprecussions of that saw us lose both games.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: