Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83918 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:36:00 »

Do something complete insane which no one would have thought of?

This may be a bit left-field and could actually be based on something I imagined, but I'm sure when at Pompey, Ritchie played a lot at left back. I also believe he was originally a left back. If this is true and not entirely imagined, we could stick Ritchie at right back and move Roberts to the right, and Rooney to the left, or leave Roberts and stick Rooney or De Vita on the right.

While being stupid I may as well continue, I wonder if De Vita could do a job at right back?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:36:17 »

Just my opinion thats all. Could've have been handled a lot better.

PDC had to say something though. Not sure if the "openness" is refreshing or inflammatory myself!
Flashheart

« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:38:28 »

You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:41:19 »

I disagree, in my eyes he's here as understudy to try to become a first team regular. To throw him under the spotlight is a bit risky. Not sure its the right time for sink or swim if Wray's promotion push is to happen.

I was just thinking short term... maybe even just for tonight. This could be a good chance to assess him in an actual game against decent opposition.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:45:36 »

McCormack is in the same boat with a baby and he had been praised and given the armband, if he can get on with it then so can Caddis.

But not all kids are the same. My mate had to basically knock his baby out and could only give this medication for two weeks to try and get the baby into a sleeping habit as she was waking up about 9 times a night! Then at the other end my other mate had a baby that slept right through from the off and they had to wake it for feeds. Also it depends on the support network around you and how your other half is coping.

On the other hand football is a results business and PDC is making a name for himself within football management so i can see where the friction lies. Caddis has been a very good professional and the only reason I can see he has changed is his head has been turned or the fella is suffering from sleep depreviation.

Im a bit fed up of PDC falling out with players but I cannot argue with his results so i will back him with his decisions as the end result, as promised, has been acheived so far. If he can deliver promotion for us to the championship within the next two years, then I dont really care if this is with or without caddis.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:49:50 »

I did say it earlier but we would have been fine if it wasn't for those pesky kids.

Seems I was proved correct.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:52:09 »

I did say it earlier but we would have been fine if it wasn't for those pesky kids.

Seems I was proved correct.

Kids change everything!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:53:29 »

Shouldve worn a jonny
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:59:02 »

Shouldve worn a jonny

Should have listened to the spice girls "put it on, put it on"
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:10:13 »

Apart from losing the captaincy and being criticized for his attitude, has anything else been said, anywhere?
He's had a baby, his focus isn't what it was so PdC's taken the armband off him and given him a verbal kick up the arse. Big deal.
Di Canio expects a high level of commitment from all the players, even more I would have thought from his captain.
Until Caddis puts in a transfer request, or Paolo sends him on loan, or the players stage a mutiny against the tyrannical regime, I'm going to take it at face value and not worry.

It's All Good..............
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:16:41 »

The thing that concerns me is Caddis was moaning about the training and diet programme, also it seems other players are doing a Leon Clarke and moaning about training and training on Sundays etc etc, I presume that this is what players like Flint and Ritchie are moaning about?
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:18:33 »

As much as I agree with Paolo's ways.. if I were a player, I think I'd probably curse him between his back with other players. Like "God, we work so hard every day, give us a break, geez". If all the players are in mutual agreement, this is when shit will happen.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:19:41 »

They were here last year and know what it's like... they shouldn't be whinging. Also, as far as I'm aware, although they 'train' every day, some days is just massage and stretching, and others just tactical walkthroughs... it's not like they're doing cross country every day.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:22:21 »

How long does training even last for? Suck it up!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:29:02 »

My view is a bit old fashioned.

If the missis is around then she has to do the nights...end of.

All this getting up bollocks....she can kip in the day when the baby kips or when he gets back from training.

I remember coming home with the wife knackered and she went straight to bed for a few hours whilst I made tea etc etc and I reckon my hours were longer than a footballers.

All this new age method shite.

If he that's bothered he can always give up work for a year to give his missus a hand.....of course most people can't (probably Caddis included).

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: