Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83929 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 06:37:28 »

whilst i agree with PDC's desire and commitment he wants from players i'm unsure if throwing your toys out of the pram in this way is really the right thing to do. it all becomes too public and then (as on thisis) idiots add 2+2 and get 5 with regard to Ferry or whoever else they reckon will be next to leave the club. this then spreads disharmony through STFC etc etc

But then on the flip side if you don't shape up to PDC's way of training, desire & commitment then you may as well not be at STFC. Regardless if we reckon Caddis is a decent player or not. if he doesn't commit then he might as well seek employment elsewhere.

I hope he does show commitment as i think he's a decent player for us and compliments ritchie perfectly.

As for the training on a sunday etc. does anyone know a typical weeks training for STFC?

LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 06:46:23 »

Just sounds like he's bolloxed from having a young baby and is pissed off with the training. Being a father of two little ones i can understand how caddis may feel and the thought of all those double training sessions would not fill me with joy. If I had the chance to earn more money and have more time at home I would not be best pleased with the current. I sometimes go to work for a rest but it does not sound like Caddis will get this at town with PDC. If im honest I can understand both sides. I just hope the little one gets a bit easier for him and he can enjoy working under PDC again. I do agree with PDC that if he cant apply himself at the moment then he will not be the same player we saw last year, It maybe then best to move him on whilst a good price tag could be achieved. Also I believe that Ritchie also played a lot better with Caddis in the squad so it will be interesting to see how his situation plays out too. If I was ritchie and this situation ended up with caddis leaving I would cash in whilst the iron was hot and get a good deal for myself whether that meant my future lay elsewhere or with the town.
Dozno9

« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 06:55:05 »

McCormack is in the same boat with a baby and he had been praised and given the armband, if he can get on with it then so can Caddis.

I do see it from both sides but PDC is a training mental, just ask Harry Redknapp.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 06:59:14 »

The most important question right now is, who replaces Caddis. Some one said earlier he was 'easily replaceable', which is blatantly not true.

Will he...

Move McCormack out there and bring in Devera or Flint into AM's position?
Bring Devera straight in to play right back? (I think I would go for this)
Bring Nathan Thompson in to play there?
Do something complete insane which no one would have thought of?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 07:08:08 »

McCormack is in the same boat with a baby and he had been praised and given the armband,

I do agree PDC has to treat everyone the same way. Which he is doing. Whether its the best way long term or not we will have to see, worked last season may or may not work this.

The most important question right now is, who replaces Caddis. Some one said earlier he was 'easily replaceable', which is blatantly not true.

Will he...

Move McCormack out there and bring in Devera or Flint into AM's position?
Bring Devera straight in to play right back? (I think I would go for this)
Bring Nathan Thompson in to play there?
Do something complete insane which no one would have thought of?

We don't have anyone that can replace him, nor would it be easy to buy someone should it come to it.

I'd also go with Devera, but I don't think its a long term fix. Also I predict Devera will be back in the side as CB by October.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 07:14:56 »

I heard we were signing dvinho from royal mail fc as a replacement
Dozno9

« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 07:16:49 »

Devera is solid enough but when covering before never overlapped Ritchie or went past the halfway line, not his fault he's just a different player.

Finding a player as good as Caddis is going to be bloody hard. He'll be 500-800k if sold and that's the kind of money we would have to spend to replace him unless we get lucky with a loan.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 07:19:00 by Azza » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 07:34:13 »

I'd play Thompson, that's what he's here for.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Dozno9

« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 07:37:45 »

Me too
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 07:50:53 »

And if it comes to getting a replacement, Sido Jombati at Cheltenham. Hopefully it won't come to that.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:04:42 »

I heard we were signing dvinho from royal mail fc as a replacement

Has anyone got the FM screenshot?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:15:06 »

I think sometimes the club and PDC go about things the wrong way - this could've been kept behind closed doors without the public humiliation and press conference.

Whether we like it or not we have to trust PDC/Wray  – they have done ok so far
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:26:38 »

I think sometimes the club and PDC go about things the wrong way - this could've been kept behind closed doors without the public humiliation and press conference.

Whether we like it or not we have to trust PDC/Wray  – they have done ok so far

With all due respect how the fuck do you work that one out?!? The press conference was called because everyone hit the panick button about Caddis losing his captaincy...

It's wierd but before the press conference every one was bemoaning PDC's lack of man management skills and yet what he has told us (through the press conference) demonstrates to me that he is unwavering in his first principle of commitment and discipline.

The captains role is to reinforce the managers principles with the players and if they are not doing this it undermines the manager and there's no clearer demonstration this than with the relegation team of 2 years ago where the team was totally splintered.

If Caddis wants to works by different rules to everyone else then he shouldn't be captain... End of.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:29:49 »

Just my opinion thats all. Could've have been handled a lot better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:35:08 »

I disagree, in my eyes he's here as understudy to try to become a first team regular. To throw him under the spotlight is a bit risky. Not sure its the right time for sink or swim if Wray's promotion push is to happen.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: