Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83969 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:11:45 »

Am I right in thinking that Caddis didn't exactly sound enthused when it was announced the club had triggered the clause in his contract to extend it by another year? Seem to remember a comment along the lines of "it wasn't anything to do with me".

Perhaps a contract dispute/head turned by bigger club?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:12:34 »

ah - cheers

Amended my post above...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:13:15 »

Am I right in thinking that Caddis didn't exactly sound enthused

I think he said words to the effect of he had no choice, but it was something that would "probably" have happened anyway.

edit: Or maybe I dreamt the "probably" bit:

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/sports/caddis_extends_swindon_stay

Caddis told BBC Wiltshire: "It's something I thought would happen. I'm happy here and the club are happy to have me. The manager likes me and people behind the scenes have complimented me on the way I've put myself about. It's a bit of security for myself and I just hope by the end of my contract I'll be playing in the Championship with Swindon."

"I'm still relatively young and to captain a senior side is something special. It's something I enjoy as I like the responsibility and I thrive off it. Thankfully the manager has seen that in me."

« Last Edit: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:17:37 by Batch » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:17:10 »

Its taken me 20 minutes to work out who OP is!!

I trawled back through the thread looking for a poster with the initials O.P.

Woe is me!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:17:52 »

Worrying!  PDC for all his plus points needs to learn some people managment skills!

24 hours before the start of the season ..... If we do start badly I worry I really do!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:19:35 »

Its taken me 20 minutes to work out who OP is!!

I trawled back through the thread looking for a poster with the initials O.P.

Woe is me!

and the answer is ?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:20:21 »

Bring back Kingy!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:21:13 »

and the answer is ?

Optimus Prime.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:23:05 »

DRS didn't speculate first, it was dangly bollocks, the original poster.

Yes that's right, DRS added the bit about Flint/Ritchie. DB was the whistle blower.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:23:33 »

This is a job for Iffy Onoura!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:27:06 »

Optical Pollution

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:29:01 »

Lets wait and see what comes out of this afternoons press conference before pressing the panic button.

I think everyone is a little worried should we have a lengthy bad run and how PDC would deal with it. Still lets hope we dont ever get to that point!!
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:30:53 »

So if Caddis goes will his best mate Ferry be on his way too?

On another tangent - if PdC has indeed an uncanny knack of falling out with players, how is he ever going to deal with players with just as big egos as his, if and when, he hits the PL?

And this I think, is the reason why out beloved Mr Di Canio may not make it to the big leagues as a manager. That interview towards the end of last season where he was saying this team would be nowhere without me and that he nearly left etc. A  club like West Ham or whoever else wouldn't let him get away with that kind of stuff, he'd be a potential PR disaster for a big club.

He can get away with it here and while we have some success he'll continue to do so. I bloody love him, and think he's been great for the club, but he ain't everybodys cup of tea and as a manager you have to learn a bit of diplomacy.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:34:24 »

DRS always has a inside take on stuff, kind of like a subtle version of Banbury Red .If DRS says there's meat to this bone then there probably is..

Wink ...cough splutter.
No longer.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:39:33 »

Having had the morning to consider/worry about this, it's not ideal, but it's part and parcel of having a successful side. Caddis, it would seem, is locked into a deal he signed 2 years ago, when the club wasn't paying the wages it is now. Sheffield United may be interested, we may have knocked them back and he isn't happy. It's closer to home and he would have a pay increase, and Sunday's off! Hopefully it can all be resolved - Caddis' all round play and attacking threat will be incredibly difficult to replace. His link up with Ritchie and Ferry likewise. We should be bending over backwards to keep him happy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: