Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83918 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #105 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:25:06 »

Actually didnt Joe Devera play there for a bit last season?

Yeah.

I believe he played mostly at RB for Brentford as well.
Flashheart

« Reply #106 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:25:34 »

And there's always Chris Smith  Grin

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:26:18 »

We'd get good money for Caddis so getting a replacement isn't a worry. It's the knock on effect in the dressing room(if there is one)that could be a major minus for the coming season. If Richie and Flint are playing up too it doesn't look to good.
Fortunes change very quickly in football,a spanner in the works can cause all sorts of shit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:30:44 »

Yeah.

I believe he played mostly at RB for Brentford as well.

I'll assume you mean Barnet as he's never played for Brentford.

I'd still swap Matt Ritchie for Danny Ward...
Flashheart

« Reply #109 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:31:38 »

Barnet then, that's the badger.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:32:34 »

I wouldnt. Danny Ward looked pretty unfit and chubby when Huddersfield came here last season. Looks as if the northern delights have become too much for him sadly.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:35:36 »

Actually didnt Joe Devera play there for a bit last season?

He did and defensively he did OK but we lost a lot going forward.  Without Caddis, Ritchie looked a bit lost as well.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:37:25 »

Caddis seemed to thrive on being club captain so I'm hoping he doesn't lose his 110% commitment out on the pitch because of the decision. He probably got away with a few yellow cards last season remonstrating with refs which he may not of got away with if he wasn't captain so will need to take a step back and leave it to whoever gets the arm band. I don't think it will effect the rest of the squad but just hope it doesn't effect Caddis himself, suppose it depends on who made the decision ?
« Last Edit: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:39:09 by Notts red » Logged
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:44:09 »

Anyone who would take Matt Ritchie over Danny Ward needs their head testing.

We will easily replace Caddis with someone who has equal/better defensive capabilities, however finding a right back with his attacking qualities will be very, very difficult. Devera, although solid, offered us nothing going forward when he filled in for Caddis last season.

If he was to move then Sheffield United would make sense, but aren't they skint? They have lost Matt Lowton this summer who is very similar to Caddis in that he is an attacking full back so he would be a like for like replacement.

Have to wait and see anyway, may be nothing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:49:25 »

We'd get good money for Caddis so getting a replacement isn't a worry. It's the knock on effect in the dressing room(if there is one)that could be a major minus for the coming season. If Richie and Flint are playing up too it doesn't look to good.
Fortunes change very quickly in football,a spanner in the works can cause all sorts of shit.

Couldn't agree more. Caddis the player could be replaced, though not easily and not necessarily with the same quality.  But split the dressing room and we risk everything.

All speculation of course...
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:00:15 »

I think this has been on the cards for a while as on a few interviews I have thought that Caddis has dissaggreed agreed with PDC's view of the preceeding game and always sided with the players and stuck up for them. I'd imagine PDC would be irratated by this and would much rather the captain and manager were singing from the same song sheet as pdc looks underminded.

Would be gutted if Caddis left and I could quite imagine ritche going as well if he does. Both are good players but together they are even better. Come on PDC learn some people skills.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:04:31 »

I believe that over the summer there were enquires made for both Caddis & Ritchie from 2 championship clubs these clubs where told we were not interested in selling, they went away.

If players heads have been turned by interest from bigger clubs and they feel it will further their career but they are not being allowed to talk to the clubs then this is bound to affect their performances in training and on the pitch.

Maybe some players find it easier to handle interest from other clubs better than others.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:06:52 »

I think I've missed something here - why are Ritchie and Flint playing up & what it got to do with the Caddis situation  ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:09:25 »

I think I've missed something here - why are Ritchie and Flint playing up & what it got to do with the Caddis situation  ?

Speculation based on DRS' first post in this thread - of which the Caddis bit has turned out to be correct.

All i heard is what the op has said and that ritchie caddis and flint have not stopped moaning in recent weeks which isnt going down well.

DRS is normally pretty accurate in what he says...
« Last Edit: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:11:39 by Batch » Logged
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:11:14 »

ah - cheers
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: