Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why was David "B" kicked out so quickly...  (Read 17777 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 22:19:48 »

His record when caretaker was absolutely dire( 7 points from 8 games)

and how many points has Wilson taken from the last 8 games ?
woolster

« Reply #91 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 22:36:07 »

and how many points has Wilson taken from the last 8 games ?
what about the last 40 games its even worse
flammableBen

« Reply #92 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 22:38:21 »

It's not a case of Fitton allowing Swindon to fail. Luckily there's not a magic formula for football clubs to guarantee success, whatever resources they have. Which is great. If there was a definitive right way of doing things then there'd be less room for under and over achievement as the football league slowly sorted itself out into order of resources - more than it is already.

That's not to say AF and co hasn't made mistakes, but that's not the same as allowing the club to fail. In fact I'd say that most of these mistakes come from exactly the opposite - an almost zealous belief in how to properly run a football club, and to be fair to them, I think they're ideas which most people would sign up to.

Unfortunately for them football isn't a sterile perfect environment, players aren't robots and although their ideas seem to be working pretty well off the pitch, they've probably been a bit too slow to adapt when things have gone against their ideals on it.

Do I think Wilson should have gone a month or more ago? Yep. If asked that in general would I say that clubs are too quick to chop and change managers - I'd probably say Yes to that too. Football doesn't always live up to your ideals.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 22:54:13 »

How has this turned into a seven page thread?

The guy is fishing for a reaction.
flammableBen

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 22:55:46 »

Yeah, but there's still interesting conversations to be had from it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 22:57:20 »

True.

On that note, I've not seen anyone on here who is unwilling to admit that Fitton has made mistakes. Some cut him more slack than others but I'd hardly say he's immune to criticism.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 22:58:27 »

How has this turned into a seven page thread?

The guy is fishing for a reaction.
No, I think he genuinely believes it. But the thread is something of a car crash, it must be said
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 23:00:20 »

No, I think he genuinely believes it. But the thread is something of a car crash, it must be said
I thought that until his most recent post.

flammableBen

« Reply #98 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 23:02:16 »

Pro TEF Mod Tip: If you want to avoid all the fucking forum drama llamas you get whenever you ban anybody, you can stealth it by adding someone to everybody's ignore lists.

ignore lists. I meant ignore lists
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 23:04:48 by flammableBen » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 23:08:39 »

I thought that until his most recent post.

I thought that was part of an ongoing effort to stake a claim as New Zealand's answer to Cantona
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #100 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 00:07:07 »

It must be difficult for Robinz to try to keep up to date with stuff especially when hearing second hand information than witnessing it with your own eyes and ears.

Probably needs to revise where he gets his information from thugh.
flammableBen

« Reply #101 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 00:15:09 »

Haven't we had quite a few new zealand based town fans with robin in there user name or are they all the same one?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #102 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 00:18:58 »

NZrobin is his other username so far as I can tell.
flammableBen

« Reply #103 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 00:52:28 »

Lot's of re-signups recently, but that's the nature of the beast isn't it? It's a lot less fun signing up to post "Oh look everything is going well".

I understand losing log ins and old email addresses too, I'm guilty of it, it's sensible internet practice to have an array of email addresses to sign up for crap with. And lets be fair, Barry does sell off the registered emails to that bloke in Nigeria.

flammableBen

« Reply #104 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 00:58:44 »

Oh and K-S-1982 is STFC-4-LIFE/Moment/Danny Wilson or whatever we changed his name from.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5645

e: I'd get cross about it but I've got quite a lot of TEF alter-egos. Although I would say mine are more creative.

« Last Edit: Monday, February 28, 2011, 01:04:15 by flammableBen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: