Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets 2011/2012  (Read 28435 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 14:23:00 »

Just mentioned on the radio that ticket prices have been frozen for existing members that renew before April.  After that they go up to £299 from £259 up until May, then after that you will pay up to £399 for your ticket.

Just a snippet, and I am sure that there will be more detailed content once people have purchased their programmes today.  It will be interested to hear people thoughts.

I will probably not be re-newing, not because of the pricing, but because I just haven't enjoyed many matchdays this season and am only going at the moment because I have a ST.  If I could have a break now I would, which probably means that I will pick and choose my games next season.  Call me plastic if you like, but I don't see the point of buying a ticket just to prove I am a die hard town fan. 

Having said that I may have cheered up by April after watching a few wins in the warmer weather.

What do we think people?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 14:25:35 »

Having said that I may have cheered up by April after watching a few wins in the warmer weather.

Are you planning on going to a few games in Barcelona?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 14:35:42 »

This is the UK not Norway, it does get a tad warmer towards the end of the season

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 14:59:12 »

You can't surely be suggesting that you'll see us win!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 17:31:49 »

have matchday prices been announced?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 17:39:42 »

There is no way I'll be renewing my season ticket with Wilson still in charge, nor will I pay more than I did this season. So I'd say the chances are pretty minimal for me at the moment. Suspect a lot of people will feel the same especially whilst we don't know what season we will be in.

Why was there going to be a price increase if we were promoted last season, but no discont if we are relagated this season?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 17:41:58 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2297208,00.html

for anyone still in the dark like me
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 17:51:12 »

There is no way I'll be renewing my season ticket with Wilson still in charge, nor will I pay more than I did this season.
You won't have to if you renew in "Phase 1"

Why was there going to be a price increase if we were promoted last season, but no discont if we are relagated this season?
Again, there was no price increase if you renewed in the early bird period or whatever it was called. As for the general ticket prices, I'd guess it's because there's still a business to be run which is still being subsidised by the major shareholders to the tune of well over a million quid a season. Although I suppose they could slash the playing budget, but then you'd moan that no matter how cheap it is, it's not acceptable to not compete in League Two.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 17:52:47 »

But Wilson will still be in charge in phase 1. Maybe even next season
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:00:04 »

But Wilson will still be in charge in phase 1. Maybe even next season
Quite possibly. And jonny like everyone else is entitled to make a judgement about that. And if people don't want to go and support the team because of the manager, then that's their choice to make. But the inaccurate criticism about season ticket prices, when they've frozen what's already a very cheap price is a bit daft IMO
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:02:34 »

I thought he was implying Wilson would not be confirmed as leaving until the prices go up.

Anyway, if the board are having to give away tickets for the Walsall game, do they realise how many people won't bother with league 2?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:05:13 »

Anyway, if the board are having to give away tickets for the Walsall game, do they realise how many people won't bother with league 2?
I suspect they do. And tbh even at fuck all, I don't know that the bogoff for the Walsall game will make that much difference to the gate. It's not price that's been keeping people away this season, it's shitness
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:06:21 »

I'm not happy that cheapest prices mean you have to renew before the end of the season again.

Think I'm not going to bother.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:10:51 »

The price for mine has gone up 30 quid
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:10:51 »

I'm not happy that cheapest prices mean you have to renew before the end of the season again.

Think I'm not going to bother.

Can't fault the price, but I have to say that giving a month to find what I'd class as a major outlay is not ideal.

I see the instalment plan is interest free which is good, but does command a £30 admin fee.

edit: Oh and the free Under 10 is good but looks like Junior Red membership is mandatory to qualify. So very very good deal but not free Smiley
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:13:04 by Batch » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: