Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Resigned  (Read 38051 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 23:33:45 »

I was chatting to a Gashead friend (well, workmate) who pointed out that they have nosedived since Trolls departed.....lets hope we do the opposite.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 23:34:42 »

If he keeps us up...he will get the job permanent no doubt about it.

If he keeps us up he'll deserve the job.

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 23:53:08 »

dont know a great deal about hart, but i hope he can motivate players. his man management skills are crucial to our survival hopes.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 23:54:42 by arriba » Logged
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 00:09:15 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8657462.stm

paul hart interview after palace v wednesday last season

little vid of his interview
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 00:21:54 »

Suspect we will spend the rest of the season trying to grind out 1-0 wins if his management elsewhere is anything to go by.

Ok for the short term and review in the summer, but can't say I'd be excited about him being given anything long term even if he knocks this shambles together and keeps us up. Miserable git me.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 00:27:29 »

Wasn't expecting this when I got home tonight. Gutted it aidn't work out for Wilson this year - really like him as a manager, but it had to happen.

I'll be there on Saturday - first time in ages, due to finances rather than anti-Wilson protest! Hopefully the change will encourage more people to take up free tickets and get the CG rocking - a big atmosphere could make all the difference.

Not sure about Paul Hart, but he'll have my full support for the rest of the season. I hope others will back him in the same way - it's our only hope!
iffy

« Reply #276 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 01:01:48 »

Text from my Forest supporting mate: "a decent appointment, especially if you have players who like to keep it on the deck".
Drakes Way

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 03:23:25 »

Just wondering if this subject might have first came up when Danny Wilson had that four hour meeting with Andrew Fitton about 3-4 weeks (?) ago. Could it be that Wilson offered to resign then but Fitton asked him to stay on until a replacement could be found.

Would seem to fit the scenario of a manager resigning one day and the club having a replacement within 24 hours .
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 09:36:01 »

Could beeeee......  In a Honk Kong Phooey voice!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 09:44:50 »

Press conference has been called for 1pm to officially unveil the new manager and could also includediscussions on the long term plans for the club according to BBC Radio Swindon
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 09:48:24 »

Quotes from Wilson's and Fitton's interviews suggest he had little choice than to resign. If offered the choice of being sacked or saving face and resigning, I think most managers would take the later.

DW "I have greatly enjoyed my time with the club and am sorry to leave but I understand and appreciate that tough decisions have to be made - they are tough on any Board, and tough on any manager."

AF "Unfortunately this season we have not enjoyed the consistent playing success that we all anticipated and our current league position makes for uncomfortable reading. Therefore, following discussions with Danny during the last 24 hours, he offered to resign from his position"

Cats are better than dogs FACT
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 09:49:14 »

Press conference has been called for 1pm to officially unveil the new manager and could also includediscussions on the long term plans for the club according to BBC Radio Swindon

Their "long term" plans shouldn't involve more than being 20th or higher in the league come 17.00 on 7th May at the moment.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 09:56:36 »

One other possibility is that AF told Danny that he was bringing in someone in a director if football type role to help out until the end of the season.

Wilson probably would have said No to this, and may then have been given the option to accept it or walk.

Would also explain why we already have a replacement and also why it's short term.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 13:11:07 »

If he keeps us up he'll deserve the job.

Honestly DV?

Apart from at Forest his track record as a manager is absolutely shocking.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #284 on: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 13:49:59 »

Oh, and before it gets lost in the new manager shitstorm, goodbye and good luck Danny. This seasons been a massive disappointment obviously but you took us to Wembley and not many can say that. Time to go now but thanks for the memories.

Too tired to post my thoughts, so London's looks good
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: