Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Resigned  (Read 38360 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:29:28 »

It's not going to not be him now the Adver has come out with that. I was somewhat intrigued by this extract from his Wikipedia entry..."After the disappointment of his spell at Barnsley, Hart decided to take some time out of football, opening a dog kennels in Newton Le-Willows. In February 2006, after receiving a nasty bite on his forearm by a German Shepherd, he decided to sell up and return to football management."....I see Hmmm
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:30:42 »

This sounds like a short term appointment to me.  A three month contract maybe...with attractive bonus attached for keeping us up.

Thing is...now is not the time to bring in our next long term manager anyway.  Why?  Because our next long term manager, if he's any good, probably doesn't want to join a club that's odds on to be playing in Division 4 next year.

I'd say the most likely plan Fitton is aiming for is

• Hart appointed to the end of this season.
  • Hart keeps us up.
  • Hart leaves with everyone's thanks and a very tasty bonus for his summer holidays.
  • Fitton advertises manager's position again in May, atttracting a far better field of candidates than he could hope to at present.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:32:14 by Ardiles » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:31:05 »

Didn't the Adver say that Richard Money was set to be appointed pre-Wilson?
lambourn red

« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:31:23 »

His win ratios make danny wilson look like Alex Ferguson

Palace 21%
QPR 20%
Pompey 30%
Rushden 25%
Barnsley 27%
Forrest 31%
Chesterfield 34%

I just feel completely underwhelmed if this is true
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:31:48 »

Im reasonably optimistic about this to be honest, we needed a change and thats what has happened.

Some of the names mentioned on here were rediculous tbh, maybe at the start of a new season but not while were struggling in the relegation places and

need some kind of a miracle turnaround in performances, who in there right would want that pressure.

Clearly this doesnt faze paul hart so there for im happy about this appointment. thats of course if he is our manager.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:32:21 »

Would rather Wilson stay than Hart. Hope I'm proved wrong though.

Thanks for everything though Danny. Last season will live long in my memory

mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:32:44 »

The only positive in all of this is that Hart in the previous two seasons, with Pompey and last year with Palace took over around this time and kept them up.

Long term he isn't the man in my opinion, his record over a longer period (apart from Forest) is dire.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:32:49 »

Official STFC twitter has just posted the adver link so I guess it is true.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:33:00 »

• Hart keeps us up.
  • Hart leaves with everyone's thanks and a very tasty bonus for his summer holidays.
  • Fitton advertises manager's position, atttracting a far better field of candidates than he could hope to at present.

I think this must be it.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:33:07 »

Paul Hart has been in the running for clubs like Hull City, Southampton and Sheffield United the last year.

This is from 29th dec 2010:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1342395/Paul-Hart-set-named-Sheffield-United-manager.html

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:34:33 »

Agree this doesn't seem to fit the proven part of Fitton's spec.
His only real "success" seems to be taking Forest to pay-offs which was followed by a poor next season, including a 14 match run without a win, when he was sacked in Feb (Hmm sounds broadly familiar..)
His 65 matches with 4 clubs since leaving Barnsley have brought 69 points - with the average of about 1 point per game at all these - not really what we need right now.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:34:49 »

It is going to be Hart.

As others have said unfair to slate the guy until he's had a chance to prove himself, and does seem adept at keeping sides up if nothing else.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:34:54 »

Ardiles and Costanza are being far too level headed and thoughtful about this.

You know it's not the TEF way, right?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:35:30 »

This sounds like a short term appointment to me.  A three month contract maybe...with attractive bonus attached for keeping us up.

Thing is...now is not the time to bring in our next long term manager anyway.  Why?  Because our next long term manager, if he's any good, probably doesn't want to join a club that's odds on to be playing in Division 4 next year.

• Hart keeps us up.
  • Fitton advertises manager's position again in May, atttracting a far better field of candidates than he could hope to at present.

Could be bang on the money there Yes
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:37:27 »

It's not going to not be him now the Adver has come out with that. I was somewhat intrigued by this extract from his Wikipedia entry..."After the disappointment of his spell at Barnsley, Hart decided to take some time out of football, opening a dog kennels in Newton Le-Willows. In February 2006, after receiving a nasty bite on his forearm by a German Shepherd, he decided to sell up and return to football management."....I see Hmmm
Hope he brings the dog with him
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: