Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Resigned  (Read 38039 times)
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:00:46 »

This could be a canny appointment.
Hart seems to be well respected in the game and appears to have been working in a number of situations where clubs have been in financial mess.
What we really need is someone who can quickly inspire confidence in our fairly young, and generally able, team to get them to perform consistently at the level they are capable of, for the next couple of months.
He could well be the man for this.  Whether he wants or would be offered the job permanently can wait until we see how this season goes, but as others have pointed out I don't expect we'd have had a wide choice of prime candidates lining up for what's in store at the CG currently.
Dozno9

« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:05:34 »

Another Leeds United connection too Smiley

[url width=470 height=350]http://cms.442.haymarketnetwork.com/contentimages/blog/FourFourTwoView/PaulHart1978.jpg[/url]

It's Leo Sayer looking in the back of a spoon.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:14:14 »

If it is Hart, I suspect the main reason Fitton went for him is that he's saved a couple of clubs from relegation which is pretty much all we're looking for at the moment. Not sure it matters too much who comes in, the change might be enough.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:18:28 »

Im just whelmed

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:19:49 »

Im just whelmed

Good word that...never really thought of it's meaning......old word for the Status Quo i suppose.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:21:50 »

Yea its probably a bit of an underwhelming appointment but we hardly going to get a "top" manager in our current position.  I wouldnt be surprised if Fitton went to few guys who said come back to me in the summer if you stay up.

Now is the time to get behind Hart and the team, this run of games coming up is too important to be moaning about Hart.  The fans getting behind the team and a fresh voice with fresh ideas could just turn things around.
flammableBen

« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:25:42 »

has anyone said meh yet?

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:27:25 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/4997221/Portsmouth-face-harsh-realities-of-life-at-the-bottom.html

Let's not forget he was a Premiership manager at one time Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:42:08 »

Now is the time to get behind Hart and the team,

Despite my misgivings, this is a given.
Dazzza

« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:45:34 »

This much Meh...

[url width=415 height=307]http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/hart-shock415.jpg[/url]

On a serious note I dont think its a bad appointment.  Can't see many who are that experienced at the old relegation dog fights and its a nothing to lose roll of the dice to stay up.

I hope shirtlifter sticks around he seems a switched on bloke and a great collector of cones.  Alternatively, wouldn't mind seeing King's old cone gathering chum Big Mick Harford come in who Hart has worked with before at QPR.  He seemed to give the place a lift during his two previous stints at Town.

jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:49:16 »

So, here we are Saturday 450pm and the players have put in a poor performance under the new manager...anyone up for booing?!
Fuck me, hart doesn't stand a chance wiv the muppets already wanting his blood...we're on the verge of being in league 2 ffs...sorry were we expecting Steve the umbrella mclaren to come to the rescue...sorry I was forgetting wat an attractive proposition we currently are...

Think there's a saying about being able to please people some of the time but don't think that applies on here...such is life tho eh...nite all...I'm off to say my bedtime prayers that hoddle is in charge come tomo nite;-)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:50:04 »

Let's not forget he was a Premiership manager at one time Hmmm

As were Chrstian Gross, Egil Olsen, Iain Dowie...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 22:54:22 »

This could be a canny appointment.
Hart seems to be well respected in the game and appears to have been working in a number of situations where clubs have been in financial mess.
What we really need is someone who can quickly inspire confidence in our fairly young, and generally able, team to get them to perform consistently at the level they are capable of, for the next couple of months.
He could well be the man for this.  Whether he wants or would be offered the job permanently can wait until we see how this season goes, but as others have pointed out I don't expect we'd have had a wide choice of prime candidates lining up for what's in store at the CG currently.

Sums it up for me, I think.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
deltaincline

« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 23:26:42 »

So, here we are Saturday 450pm and the players have put in a poor performance under the new manager...anyone up for booing?!
Fuck me, hart doesn't stand a chance wiv the muppets already wanting his blood...we're on the verge of being in league 2 ffs...sorry were we expecting Steve the umbrella mclaren to come to the rescue...sorry I was forgetting wat an attractive proposition we currently are...

We're in the shit and could possibly go down. That will rule out a certain section of currently unemployed 'decent' managers - Hughtons, Strachans etc.

We are a decent sized football club though, with a decent history. The great fucking Andy King even called us a 'real club' not that long ago!

I agree with the sentiments that we are not very attractive at the moment, but I'd be very surprised if Fitton doesn't get 50 or 60 applications for the job, whatever division we're in next season.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 23:27:55 »

we were going down under wilson and I couldn't see where we were going to get any points from.  Any appointment offers hope which hasn't existed for weeks.  I am expecting the county ground to be bouncing on saturday as opposed to the morgue that it has been for weeks.  This might also explain the swindon website hyping the game as clearly they new wilson was off.

No hope has turned into a glimmer of hope.

Shame they didn't wield the axe in january which was when we were first discussing it.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: