Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36737 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 10:33:28 »

Weren't we equally rigid in our system last year? Obviously I haven't seen us this season but it doesn't sound like much has changed apart from the quality of opposition.

We do better away from home as teams attack more and leave gaps. At home we struggle to break down defensive opponents as we no longer have the same division in class between ourselves and the opposition. At least that's my ill informed opinion based on radio and comments on here.

I think we are in for a very inconsistent season but will still be up there come May.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 10:42:48 »

Weren't we equally rigid in our system last year? Obviously I haven't seen us this season but it doesn't sound like much has changed apart from the quality of opposition.

We do better away from home as teams attack more and leave gaps. At home we struggle to break down defensive opponents as we no longer have the same division in class between ourselves and the opposition. At least that's my ill informed opinion based on radio and comments on here.

I think we are in for a very inconsistent season but will still be up there come May.

I think your ill informed opinion, albeit based on radio and comments on here is pretty accurate.

There is no team in this league taking it by the scruff of the neck and I think if we can hit some consistency and get over this our slightly ropey home form, we could be the team to pull away.

Once Martin and Hollands get up to speed and Williams gets himself fit and flying, we could take off in the second half of the season, which is what we did last season after all.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 11:11:03 »

If we were playing well at home I'd hav some optimism that the results would start coming. A lot of players either making a pass and just admiring it rather than look to receive it again, defenders too often having no one I pass it too only foderingham or an aimless hoof or an over hit cross. Also when the defenders are heading it it just seems a blind head it as far as you can. Yes clear it but before you get the ball have an idea who is around you and put it in the general direction if a red shirt. And that bloody Rooney and Roberts words just fail me!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 11:22:58 »

If we were playing well at home I'd hav some optimism that the results would start coming.

Did I dream the Yeovil game that was 4 (FOUR) days ago then?
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 11:26:14 »

Did I dream the Yeovil game that was 4 (FOUR) days ago then?

We did score four goals and I was there. It was one of better games. But still we were not knocking it around playing nice football. I think the scoreline flattered us that day.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 11:33:46 »

We did score four goals and I was there. It was one of better games. But still we were not knocking it around playing nice football. I think the scoreline flattered us that day.

I disagree that the scoreline flattered us. There's a difference between 'nice' football and effective football. Of the games I've seen lately we may be playing more direct than previously under Di Canio but are still creating plenty of chances - just not taking them at home for whatever reason.

We're not as good as some would like to think we are, but we're not as bad - in terms of quality or style - as you're making out, in my opinion.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 11:38:44 »

But there are times to be direct and times to play it through the middle. If DiCanio was getting them to play direct why not put the bloody ball in the box when we have a corner!
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 11:40:47 »

Black ops 2 now. Ps3 chill out time.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 11:41:16 »

The amount of shots we had compared to them suggests otherwise.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:21:40 »

Think that's pretty much spot on. It's a very inconsistent league this season hence why we are still inside the top 6 despite not playing all that well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:27:22 »

FWIW I thought we looked pretty decent first half, albeit without a cutting edge till the last 10 mins or so. After the break we seemed to have lost that again a little, still playing OK, then we seemed to run out of ideas a bit when passing the ball around in front of them didn't break them down. And once they scored heads dropped and desperation kicked in. They came for a point, stifled us in doing so and managed to nick 3. It happens.

We're still 6th when all's said and done and I really don't think we're as bad as some seem to feel - think the last 15 mins or so are just what's uppermost in people's minds and is colouring the perception of the game (and for some then the general situation) overall.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:34:23 »

We are consistently inconsistent ...

It's All Good..............
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:34:31 »

Out of interest, any stattos out there know what our record is like in games in which we've conceded first under Di Canio?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:37:16 »

FWIW I thought we looked pretty decent first half, albeit without a cutting edge till the last 10 mins or so. After the break we seemed to have lost that again a little, still playing OK, then we seemed to run out of ideas a bit when passing the ball around in front of them didn't break them down. And once they scored heads dropped and desperation kicked in. They came for a point, stifled us in doing so and managed to nick 3. It happens.

We're still 6th when all's said and done and I really don't think we're as bad as some seem to feel - think the last 15 mins or so are just what's uppermost in people's minds and is colouring the perception of the game (and for some then the general situation) overall.

Agree with this as well. Also a lot of fans grew used to us wiping the floor with teams last season but the quality is better in this league.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:48:42 »

Down to 6900-ish home fans as well - that's got to be disappointing for the Board.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: