Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate Town A.F.C. v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 20410 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:02:12 »

Yeovil have a huge budget, they have had a recent takeover and Cooper has been told he can buy whoever he wants this season. They also have an average attendance of nearly double what Harrogates is this season.

Was chatting to an ex Yeovil player who was released end of last season yesterday actually, said he enjoyed his time there
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:02:42 »

Austin is diabolical. Time to retire.

Sick of repeating myself week after week. He is living off his past. Like playing with 10 men. Every. Single. Week.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:06:11 »

If it’s in your blood you will never stop following them.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:07:04 »

Austin is diabolical. Time to retire.

Sick of repeating myself week after week. He is living off his past. Like playing with 10 men. Every. Single. Week.

Time to come off the bench rather than start, can help out defensive headers or be an attacking threat in the last few minutes.  It was obvious how the Town improved after he was subbed.  Flynn has to make a key decision.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:10:09 »

Just a question for anyone who would be bothered to answer. Would you still follow Town if we went out of the league or would it be the end of your association?

Honestly. If it meant clearing out the boardroom, resetting the finances and us winning games and flying up the leagues - I’d be all for it…

I know it’s not an exact sciences but teams coming back into the FL from the NL seem to be better shape for a spell out plus there are less financial restrictions
adje

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:10:39 »

You can’t turn it on and off like a switch. Good or bad, I’m saddled with it!
Same here,do you think it would be disastrous?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:15:25 »

Honestly. If it meant clearing out the boardroom, resetting the finances and us winning games and flying up the leagues - I’d be all for it…

I know it’s not an exact sciences but teams coming back into the FL from the NL seem to be better shape for a spell out plus there are less financial restrictions
Yes, I'm just trying to assess whether  it would be the disaster many seem to think it would be. For me personally I'd get to more games down here in Kent! Rather we didn't tho

Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:17:02 »

The fact that this is even up for discussion just shows how far we have fallen

I would rather be fan owned at least we would know where the money was going and could sustain L1 football look at Exeter
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:17:22 »

Just a question for anyone who would be bothered to answer. Would you still follow Town if we went out of the league or would it be the end of your association?

Yes, would still follow.

Five clubs in L2 that haven't experienced non league yet.
Staying in the league is paramount.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:20:05 »

Yes, I'm just trying to assess whether  it would be the disaster many seem to think it would be. For me personally I'd get to more games down here in Kent! Rather we didn't tho
Nothing would actually end my association with the Club, I'm stuck with this shower of shit for evermore, for better or for worse God help me. However, I certainly wouldn't be able to continue to invest financially and emotionally in the Club if we dropped into the National League under the current ownership (I'm struggling to do it now) New ownership giving genuine hope for the future would be a different matter though... Whatever level you're playing at, all you can ask for as fan is hope and we don't have that under this bunch of utter charlatans...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:29:11 »

I really feel for Austin, because there is absolutely no way he was/is expecting to be playing 90 minutes most weeks at 34 years old.
I can’t imagine he particularly wants too, I can’t imagine Flynn wants him to be either.

Unfortunately, the budget has caused us to have no other choice.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:33:20 »

Nothing would actually end my association with the Club, I'm stuck with this shower of shit for evermore, for better or for worse God help me. However, I certainly wouldn't be able to continue to invest financially and emotionally in the Club if we dropped into the National League under the current ownership (I'm struggling to do it now) New ownership giving genuine hope for the future would be a different matter though... Whatever level you're playing at, all you can ask for as fan is hope and we don't have that under this bunch of utter charlatans...
Fair comment

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:35:11 »

follow, yes.

season ticket, not so sure. might pick and choose and do more away. might do a few away and a few home. might end up caving and getting a ST - hard to say until push comes to shove.

I have a feeling full time non league football isn't for me.

As above, fucked if I'm buying a season ticket if whichever cunt took us to non league carries on with "putting right the wrong" platitudes
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 18:57:44 »

I mean a season ticket would/should be cheaper in non league. I'd be more likely to buy one.

Not if the likes of Clem are here mind. But if we were in non league fan owned Id absolutely buy a season ticket.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 19:03:05 »

I wouldn’t invest as much time / emotional energy. TBH I’d probably tune out until/if we picked ourselves of the floor - which the way throngs are going I may do at the end of this season.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: