Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate Town A.F.C. v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 20412 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 08:39:59 »

it's quiet. Assuming everyone is traveling to Yorkshire!

I've woken up uncharacteristically optimistic. We're going to win
Hope you’re right Batch. We’re well overdue.   Safe travels.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 09:04:28 »

Predicting a win today
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 09:31:15 »

Predicting a win today

I predict a riot I’d we lose today and at home next week to the Stags.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 09:48:07 »

Really cannot envisage a win. Safe travels to those going!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 09:51:26 »

I think its time to go four at the back and start defending properly. Nothing to lose by trying it out imo.

ust be the oldest
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 09:54:05 »

I think its time to go four at the back and start defending properly. Nothing to lose by trying it out imo.

Agreed. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 10:03:51 »

About to head off.
Have to question your sanity sometimes.

Right back to the Power feeling right now with the Club.
All emotions from anger to sadness because in all honestly I think it’s going to get worse before better.

A win today a crumb of comfort masking the bigger picture. Today the bench will once again be a testament to the ownership of the Club.
No more excuses because it’s bullshit,
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 10:10:30 »

I'm not convinced Flynn has that in his 'locker' to be honest. With that said, sending Hatswell to do the presser is a break from the norm so maybe he'll spring some surprises.

The 2pm team news will be interesting. I wonder which player the new injury that Hatswell announced yesterday was. Given Shade's absence, the short term purchase of Kokolo was necessary, although quite what Genesini has done is anyone's guess. He could just be terrible in training, who knows.

I'm torn as to how to predict today, our form is knickers and we really need to turn that around. It could be that we bang in 3 goals before half time and attempt to hold off as we run out of options on the bench, but I don't think that will happen.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 10:16:23 »

About to head off.
Have to question your sanity sometimes.

Right back to the Power feeling right now with the Club.
All emotions from anger to sadness because in all honestly I think it’s going to get worse before better.

A win today a crumb of comfort masking the bigger picture. Today the bench will once again be a testament to the ownership of the Club.
No more excuses because it’s bullshit,

Harking back to the conversation you had earlier in the thread, you do it because you love your club, not due to insanity. I’d much rather support Swindon with all its bullshit than follow a Prem club whose biggest problem is that they only managed to sell 10000 shirts in Torquay over the course of a season.

As awful as our situation is right now, like you I’ll always support Swindon as they were assigned to me the minute I popped out of my Mum in PMH 37 years ago with my umbilical chord trying to throttle me.

‘Like you’ refers to supporting Swindon, by the way. Not the manner of our birth 😁
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 10:18:30 »

The perennial problem is that any prospective new owner isn’t guaranteed to be any better than the recent incumbents.

God, we’ve had a succession of them.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 10:28:12 »

We've had no midweek game, so that should help us, although saying that we had no midweek game prior to Aldershot, and we all know how that went.

Hopefully the mystery injury will be someone who's not a first team starter like Kinsella. Will be pretty disastrous if it's Kemp

I don't have much faith in us, but going to go with an optimistic 2-1 win

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 11:24:53 »

Pre match wouldn't swap following this shit around the country for all the tea in Yorkshire in The Winter Gardens.

The novelty of coming here wore off pretty quickly after the first visit.
Misery guts Yorkshire folk are not exclusive to Harrogate.

Probably won't be time to visit Major Tom's Social, but will be sitting in a tin can later.

Have to admire those who can marry up the match going experience with a clean & honest presence in the boardroom.
Football club owners are just custodians who on occasion do take their duty of care seriously but more often than not , over time, pure self interest is likely to win out.

The club or at least the essence of it belongs to us.
It's ours. We own it. All of us.

With luck I've got maybe 20-25 years left before shuffling off this mortal coil.
Keeling over in the midst of an added time winner in some bleak northern outpost would be a good way to go.
Don't yet have a "do not resuscitate if game in progress" card.

So, a must win game today if further ignominy is to be avoided. A draw would stop the rot though.

Stick with it folks, the good times will come along again.
Until that happens might have to be a case of take your protein pills & put your (tinfoil) helmets on.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 12:26:01 »

a loss today equals our worst ever league 4 run doesn't it (5 in a row). or maybe it beats it. LSP mentioned it, I can't remember
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 12:36:36 »

A pint of Wobbly Bob on the go, so it must be time to add very little to the Charlie Austin debate.

I think that Austin is pretty much a necessity in this instance of the team.
Might not have been the case had Flynn been backed properly in the summer, in which case Charlie may have ended up taking more of a back seat.

There have been ups & down but overall the contribution has been good, albeit he should have been pushing double figures for league goals.

We've missed him after he's been subbed more often than not. The offensive threat v Stockport more or less disappeared after he went off.
Coincidence? Maybe.

There have been numerous occasions when made for Charlie crosses have landed on the wrong head or an opposition head occupying the ideal Austin position when he's still making up the ground from midfield or has been removed from play.

The unexpected emergence of Young has masked this to a degree, otherwise we would be properly in the shit.

Assuming that Flynn has to err work under certain restrictions in January then bolstering the midfield to ensure Austin can operate in the final third & within the extended lines of the 18 yard box only might yield some results.

To my limited mind the second coming was never going to tarnish the legacy & that remains the case still.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 12:41:54 »

Tbh, a few of those crosses have, indeed, landed right on Austin’s noggin - and he’s fluffed most of them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: